What's new

***** Australia Rejects Joint Patrol with US Navy in South China Sea *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two most important US allies shrug off US pressure :rofl: , lessons drawn from these comical events: "we want to maintain a very good relationship with the country who happens to be the undisputed 2nd largest economy in the world racing with the "speed of light" to become the no.1. That country who happens to be a very important customer and investor for our economy, so important we want to bring the current cooperation to a higher level. After US led military adventurism in the past decade we do not have any lust left for the China pivot brainchild nor do we want to challenge the big boss of Asia."

Core SCS is too far away from aus strategic interest area,plus they have lot of commerce with china.But any chinese naval activity outside of that area,especially in greater IOR will be opposed by them.

The problem is, SCS is also an important route/sea lane to Australia for commerce and trade with other Asian Nations, not just China, India, for example, we have a lot of trade done with India gone thru SCS, which a secure SCS area would mean a secure route for the Aussie to remain a trading interest.

On the other hand, indeed the SCS is too far from the Aussie to do anything with (It would take about 9 days just to sail from Fremantle to Vietnam alone, so I would suggest the Aussie would be more than gladly to look for security cooperation partner to make sure the SCS-South IOR transfer secure, and naturally, that partner should be India.

Like I have said, you have only cherry picked your “authoritive reference” that doesnt explain the racist nature of that words, just like I can cheery pick dictionary “reference” for obscure racist words like 50cents, w*mao, c****, etc. without description of its degoratory nature.

Anyone can just google “Vietcong” and “degoratory” together, and recieve many reference from academic history books attesting to how Vietcong is a degoratory name. You can google this and mods can google it and see for themselves.

So ignoring your excuses, NOW that you know its degoratory nature and NOW that a Vietnamese member like me have informed you that it is degoratory, you can either listen to Jhungary and delete your offensive words, or your rating is justified as per forum rule.

I have stated strong facts from prestigious sources

if the -ve ratings are from that unqualified persons like jhungary then the rest of the world should know how valid the ratings are

You people are not authoritative in the literary/ academic world so how can you refute the definitions by the most authortative references which do not say "vietcong" is offensive

And I am sure you people also check into these references for definitions or answers

No one should be reckless to define terms by their own communal liking like you and jhungary just did

Two most important US allies shrug off US pressure :rofl: , lessons drawn from these comical events: "we want to maintain a very good relationship with the country who happens to be the undisputed 2nd largest economy in the world racing with the "speed of light" to become the no.1. That country who happens to be a very important customer and investor for our economy, so important we want to bring the current cooperation to a higher level. After US led military adventurism in the past decade we do not have any lust left for the China pivot brainchild nor do we want to challenge the big boss of Asia."

As I said on my first post,

Australia did not shrug off the American. They don't take side on the issue (Actually, even the American did not take side on SCS) and the Aussie would not do anything to alter the balance they have at this moment now.

In fact, if anything, the Aussie have been doing more cooperation to the American on the issue at hand, which seems to enrage the Chinese.

I have stated strong facts from prestigious sources

if the -ve ratings are from that unqualified persons like jhungary then the rest of the world should know how valid the ratings are

You people are not authoritative in the literary/ academic world so how can you refute the definitions by the most authortative references which do not say "vietcong" as offensive

And I am sure you people also check into these references for definitions or answers

No one should be reckless to define terms by their own communal liking like you and jhungary just did

As I have already said, just need to google “Vietcong” and “derogatory” together and you would find many academic references, including from history books explaining how Vietcong is a derogatory name. There are a lot more of these academic references than your cherry picked short dictionary entries.

Mods or anyone else are free to google what I have said. The truth is out there for all to see. You can argue as much as you want but people are free to google and check for themselves, no need for me to talk about this anymore.

No
jhungary is notorious for his China-targeted hatred on the forum
I would say most if not all of his -ve ratings are targeted at pro Chinese members

whether "Vietcong" is derogative or not. people should check authoritiative sources for answers just like a cautious person would check for other terms which may be offensive to someone
And all the above authoritiative sources or from presitgious orgs are not saying the term is "offensive"
BUT "N" for black persons and "C" for Chinese are clearly stated as offensive terms in their definitions

Quote "True scholars dont troll"
If that is your belief why not simply accept that your comment offended a respected forum member appologise and get on with the topic rather than running your comment repeatedly over three pages?

Does it look like we Chinese care what your opinion is? You don't fool us with your so called morality in regards to the word "Vietcong". We don't see you handing out negative ratings to that Pinoy dickhead who keeps referring China as Nazi. So save this fake moral thing to yourself, don't be so full of yourself.

sigh, I thought you were replying to my comment on the topic.

All I can say is, well, yeah, I am full of myself, I am an arsehole, and I have the power to rate you, and I choose to exercise this power, and if you don't like it, there are nothing you can actually do but take a hike.

So, saying what you say to me in your post do post absolutely no value at all. As I am the one with the power here, not you. You also have a power, the power to bitch about it... That's probably it. And did it ever occur to you that it is my intention all along to see you lot bitch about this??

If that is your belief why not simply accept that your comment offended a respected forum member appologise and get on with the topic rather than running your comment repeatedly over three pages?

My signature is my belief and respect to "true scholars"

Regarding my rebuttal in respect of the definition "vietcong" the 2 guys are turning the forum into a kid's playground trying to dictate and twist the term out of their own communal liking and blatantly disregard definitions made by reputable sources

you know what @Keel essentially say by this?

My signature is my belief and respect to "true scholars"

Regarding my rebuttal in respect of the definition "vietcong" the 2 guys are turning the forum into a kid's playground trying to dictate and twist the term out of their own communal liking and blatantly disregard definitions made by reputable sources

Since Hajji are also in Oxford Dictionary and as an authoritative and reputable source and did not indicate any offensive nature as per what shown in my post #38, American Soldier are free and with it own right to use the word Hajji to local Iraqi Muslim and since it was in a authoritative and reputable source, Iraqi Citizen of Muslim background should not felt any being degraded by it.

This is what his post said exactly.

sigh, I thought you were replying to my comment on the topic.

All I can say is, well, yeah, I am full of myself, I am an arsehole, and I have the power to rate you, and I choose to exercise this power, and if you don't like it, there are nothing you can actually do but take a hike.

So, saying what you say to me in your post do post absolutely no value at all. As I am the one with the power here, not you. You also have a power, the power to bitch about it... That's probably it. And did it ever occur to you that it is my intention all along to see you lot bitch about this??

You pathetic hybrid, i don't give a sh!t whether or not you have the power to rate my posts negatively. Indeed you are full of yourself and the power you are so proud of why not stick it in your arse? Everybody can tell your double standard when i made a valid point. For the record why not take a hike yourself since i wasn't even debating with you in the first place. I have the right to post my opinion in regards to the article of this thread and i certainly didn't ask an arsehole to reply me.

It is just all bullshits made by kids above if one day "communist China" or "hindustanis" is all said to be offensive and to be regarded as racial slurs by certain pockets of communal members here on PDF, then you are going to see opening up plenty of kid's playgrounds for low quality pursuits and absurd negative ratings

It is one of the most ridiculous scenes on PDF since becoming a member here

You pathetic hybrid, i don't give a sh!t whether or not you have the power to rate my posts negatively. Indeed you are full of yourself and the power you are so proud of why not stick it in your arse? Everybody can tell your double standard when i made a valid point. For the record why not take a hike yourself since i wasn't even debating with you in the first place. I have the right to post my opinion in regards to the article of this thread and i certainly didn't ask an arsehole to reply me.

lol, for some people who said "I don't give a Shiite" about something then wrote a whole post on it, did it sort of negate the whole "I don't give a Shiite" point?

I just don't understand why people would bitch about something that is beyond their control. lol. ie, why do you write this post in the first place?? Did you really think I care about what you said to me and say "Hey I hurt your little feeling and I should retreat to my corner?"

What I did is what I do, you can tell me to stick it up my rear end but did you think that will change anything other than a quick negative and then a report (Which your post will disappear and render what you just spend 5 or so minutes typing becoming an instant waste.)

I don't quite understand this kind of people doing this kind of thing, and well, you can think about yourselves as a debating hero and every point you make is right, there is a place in kindergarten reserved just for you, you know?

lol

It is just all bullshits made by kids above if one day "communist China" or "hindustanis" is all said to be offensive and to be regarded as racial slurs by certain pockets of communal members here on PDF, then you are going to see opening up plenty of kid's playgrounds for low quality pursuits and absurd negative ratings

It is one of the most ridiculous scenes on PDF since becoming a member here

But then I am not the one who bitch about receiving a negative rating. Since I have 0, I can bitch about the positive rating I received, I had 198 of those...

@waz , @Horus , @WebMaster , @Chinese-Dragon , @Hu Songshan , sirs, I believe that action needs to be taken as to the hate-filled negative rating saga against a respected member @Keel and then @terranMarine .

This kind of irresponsible use of one's privileges may not be accepted.

The used term is definitely not racist, it is entirely political. It has nothing to do with color, religion or sect. The said term is a historical-political reference and also being used widely by the same people (in the historical-academic context) against whom the above member claims the term is being used.

I do hope and wish that you would take immediate action and solve the issue once and forever. I would request you to decide whether the term is racist or not and take action accordingly.

If you decide the term is racist, that's final I would respect your opinion. But the term should not be abused by a member holding no moderator but negative rating power.

Regards.

@waz , @Horus , @WebMaster , @Chinese-Dragon , @Hu Songshan , sirs, I believe that action needs to be taken as to the hate-filled negative rating saga against a respected member @Keel and then @terranMarine .

This kind of irresponsible use of one's privileges may not be accepted.

The used term is definitely not racist, it is entirely political. It has nothing to do with color, religion or sect. The said term is a historical-political reference and also being used widely by the same people (in the historical-academic context) against whom the above member claims the term is being used.

I do hope and wish that you would take immediate action and solve the issue once and forever. I would request you to decide whether the term is racist or not and take action accordingly.

If you decide the term is racist, that's final I would respect your opinion. But the term should not be abused by a member holding no moderator but negative rating power.

Regards.

It's not about being Racist or Political correctness. it's about an insult.

Again, even if I did not contest the term being a Racist Term, but rather an Political Insult. (AND THAT IS A BIG IF) It would still be an insult nonetheless, which is a fact that even you said so yourselves.

The rule for leaving rating is, if the user is making an insult to another member or nation, I can exercise my power to leave rating.

This issue will not get out of hand if @Keel seek administration or moderator clarification instead of reiterate his point with an reinforced manner, putting more insulting word out does not negate his position. Ok, even if I'll give and allow his ignorance ran over him and he cannot be punished for what he does not know, then what about the second post (Which actually the third) and the third post (Which actually his fourth) after he have been told by me and another Vietnamese member that this word is considered offensive?

plus I don't know how "Reputable" @terranMarine get, but if you care to read his post at all, he made nothing but personal attack on me.

@waz , @Horus , @WebMaster , @Chinese-Dragon , @Hu Songshan

Sirs, I do hope you would take action and strip the above member of its negative rating privileges because, as he admits in his above post, the said term is not racist, but a historical-political term.

Whether it is an insult is also debatable. If the word ‘insult' is taken so lightly, anything can be construed as an insult and a negative rating can be given.

Is the term "Chinese Communist" an insult? In my opinion, it is not. In the same sense, calling a government run by a Communist party should not be viewed as an insult.

As I said before, I would request the respectful moderators to decide once and for all whether the said term is an insult that warrants a negative rating or not.

Otherwise, the above poster will use his negative rating powers arbitrarily. If you construe the term as an insult, then the above member would be right in his judgement and I would have nothing else to add.

Regards.

I quote the post for your reference.

It's not about being Racist or Political correctness. it's about an insult.

Again, even if I did not contest the term being a Racist Term, but rather an Political Insult. (AND THAT IS A BIG IF) It would still be an insult nonetheless, which is a fact that even you said so yourselves.

The rule for leaving rating is, if the user is making an insult to another member or nation, I can exercise my power to leave rating.

This issue will not get out of hand if @Keel seek administration or moderator clarification instead of reiterate his point with an reinforced manner, putting more insulting word out does not negate his position. Ok, even if I'll give and allow his ignorance ran over him and he cannot be punished for what he does not know, then what about the second post (Which actually the third) and the third post (Which actually his fourth) after he have been told by me and another Vietnamese member that this word is considered offensive?

plus I don't know how "Reputable" @terranMarine get, but if you care to read his post at all, he made nothing but personal attack on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom