What's new

Attack On Islamabad, Reports of explosion and Gunfire!

quick reaction from 10%....

President condemns Islamabad blast
Updated at: 2145 PST, Saturday, April 04, 2009
ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari has strongly condemned the Islamabad blast near Jinnah Super Market in sector F-7 on Saturday evening, which caused loss of lives.

The President in his message expressed his deep grief and shock over the loss of precious lives and injuries and conveyed his sincere condolences to the bereaved families.

President Zardari reiterated the government抯 resolve to fight terrorism and militancy and said 搒uch acts of terrorism cannot deter the government抯 determination to fight terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.?

He also directed the concerned authorities to ensure the provision best medical care to those injured in the blast

President condemns Islamabad blast

Gilani is not behind also... following was his statement..

PM denounces Islamabad suicide attack
Updated at: 2200 PST, Saturday, April 04, 2009
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani has strongly condemned the blast near Jinnah Super Market here in Sector F-7 on Saturday evening, that caused loss of lives.

The Prime Minister deplored the loss of lives in the blast and conveyed his sincere condolences to the bereaved families.

He has ordered the Interior Ministry for an inquiry into the tragic happening and submit a report.

The Prime Minister also asked the hospital authorities to ensure provision of best and quick medical relief to the injured

To say there are no foreign hands involved in this is silly though.

Looks like Pakistan's chance of success depends on trusting people it thinks are enemies. You need to get rid of the terrorists and
  1. Pak Army can take care of the ones in Pakistan if it tries. But for Pakistan Army to move west to take care of terrorists it needs to trust India on the east.
  2. On the other hand Pakistan cannot move into Afghanistan with US still there. So Pakistan has to ask US to clear terrorists out from Afghanistan

The people whom you need to trust to move against Mehsud are exactly the people you are blaming. If you need to frame evidence against these so called "enemies" you need to get Mehsud first. But you can't get Mehsud until you trust these people.

WARNING SOME PICTURES MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC CONTENT!!!

299717149617b2c4a1a5a5a301ed9855._.jpg

c196de944ba8020cb56c50a854c35bc4._.jpg

e60f954e6b7dc6a2fe66a7d2e3e9c703._.jpg

739bc797109d5e155801337c27718458._.jpg

f08f8aed6a620d374d19fa6c66303687._.jpg

Last edited:
If someone is hell bent on wanting to cause a suicide attack in Pakistan, then there is no way you can stop them.

However, I see two errors in the posts so far. First, "destroying the Taliban". The Taliban is an ideology. You have to defeat it through education and diplomacy. Listen to an extent to what people say about drone strikes in the tribal region. Those are the reasons why such people would do such things. There was never such a problem before these strikes. Whether or not the drone strikes hit and kill civilians or terrorists in the tribal region is irrlevant, it's the perception of the people that matters, and they feel terrorized by them, and that the Pakistani government isn't doing enough.

The other point is that RAW wouldn't have anything to do with this. RAW would be jumping up and down at such an opporunity to exploit the hatred caused by these drone strikes. It would not surprise me if India has a hand in the drone strikes, since it creates hatred which Mehsud can exploit, who in turn can be exploited by RAW.

It's a logical sequence.

:disagree:
Forget logic, apply Quran.

How the hell on earth, Pakistan is not getting tough on those Talibans. They need full scale attack on those infrastructure and all the tribes areas.
Action needed.
1) Send 300,000 men all around western front.
2) Ban all kind of fire arms wihin the territory of Pakistan. The only person could carry gun is the security forces.
3) Ask the citizen of the Pakistan, whether they are with Pakistan or against Pakistan. If anybody found against Pakistan they need to be sent to the USA in Afganistan.
4) Send all the Afganis back to Afganistan.
5) Seal the border with barbed wire with high voltage electricity on it.
6) Insulate all the key installation with Metal detectors and put red alert security on them.
7) Anybody even found remote connection to any terror or extremist activities or even found anybody who ever talked about extremism needs to be hanged.

I'm not saying the US doesn't have nefarious intentions in the region btw. I'm sure India isn't the only one, there could be many countries involved.

To say there are no foreign hands involved in this is silly though.

Just as silly as saying there's a foreinh hand involved before you know it.

Whats the best the taliban supporters can do to avoid any serious action against them - to fool people by showing a readily acceptable scapegoat. In order to take 'revenge' the same taliban can then be funded.

Again the aim of this attack on FC post in Islamabad is to thwart morale in the LEA's to react against the likes of Baitullah Meshsud and his cronies. But the signs show exactly the opposite reaction in the morale, its getting high instead! My personal congratulations to the jawans of our LEA's who day in and out stand guard against these terrorists while we tend to sleep in our comfortable beds at night. Let us join hands in supporting and respecting our LEA personnel where ever and whenever we see them. PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

Again the aim of this attack on FC post in Islamabad is to thwart morale in the LEA's to react against the likes of Baitullah Meshsud and his cronies. But the signs show exactly the opposite reaction in the morale, its getting high instead! My personal congratulations to the jawans of our LEA's who day in and out stand guard against these terrorists while we tend to sleep in our comfortable beds at night. Let us join hands in supporting and respecting our LEA personnel where ever and whenever we see them. PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

Yes thats true. But they can do very little unless there are clear strategy from your govt, how to tackle terror in longer term. I see serious lacking in interest and capability from govt side.
My condolence goes to the families of the lost ones...

Yes thats true. But they can do very little unless there are clear strategy from your govt, how to tackle terror in longer term. I see serious lacking in interest and capability from govt side.
My condolence goes to the families of the lost ones...

The PPP Government will to tackle this menace is like pissing in a hurricane!

This menace can only be dealt with an iron-hand by people of high caliber and brass kahoona's! Unfortunately PPP politicians are too busy consolidating & expanding their personal wealth and security to be really pushed about taking any such actions!

Indian sponsored terror! It's high time Pakistan started settling the score with India! These sophisticated terror attacks are being sponsored by non other than India! It's impossible that such attacks are taking place without any outside assistance.

You mean that the same Taliban who defeated the mighty Soviets and are today giving a hard time to USA are incapable of launching such attacks in Pakistan on theit own?

See you can keep your guns pointed at India, it would not change anything. The betterment of Pakistan lies in recognising and eliminating the enemy within.

You mean that the same Taliban who defeated the mighty Soviets and are today giving a hard time to USA are incapable of launching such attacks in Pakistan on theit own?

See you can keep your guns pointed at India, it would not change anything. The betterment of Pakistan lies in recognising and eliminating the enemy within.

True, but that doesn't take away the fact that India is also exploiting the dire situation to their advantage. India and Taliban are both trying their utmost to destroy Pakistan's stability. The difference is that the Taliban resort to open violence whereas the Indians use covert means to achieve their goals. On a different note, I wouldn't be surprised that in most instances Indians are even involved in providing support to the terrorists that are wreaking havoc in Pakistan. That's my personal opinion and many will disagree, but I'm entitled to my opinion.

You mean to say the same Taliban which defeated the Soviets and is today giving a hard time to USA in Afghanistan could not have carried out the attack by itself?

You can keep your guns pointed at India, it wouldn't make any difference but Pakistan's betterment lies in recognising and eliminating 'the enemy within' Their comes a time in history when equations change, this is that time for Pakistan. Its greatest enemy today is not India, and if you recognise this and eliminate the Taliban we can then revisit the India-Pakistan equation later. :coffee:

You're just repeating your rhetoric. My answer remains the same. See my previous post.

True, but that doesn't take away the fact that India is also exploiting the dire situation to their advantage. India and Taliban are both trying their utmost to destroy Pakistan's stability. The difference is that the Taliban resort to open violence whereas the Indians use covert means to achieve their goals. On a different note, I wouldn't be surprised that in most instances Indians are even involved in providing support to the terrorists that are wreaking havoc in Pakistan. That's my personal opinion and many will disagree, but I'm entitled to my opinion.

And what exactly has your government done to expose INDIA's heinous crimes?

If you believe INDIA is involved in the attack, ask your government to declare so to the world community. Bring this to notice of UN or USA or INDIA. Oh, maybe your government is incompetent according to some of you. Or wait a minute, you did provide proof in the form on number of Indian consulate's in Afghanistan. Did not ruffle many feather's eh!

How many people has GoP arrested for the terror activities in your country? How many have been brought to justice? What corrective action has your government taken to prevent further attacks? Go and question your government for each of this. Once you are satisfied, come and Speculate about RAW.

And yes, before you troll on Taliban and RAW, maybe a refresher course on Taliban will help you .... Taliban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Just check the Allies section for Taliban.

Back
Top Bottom