What's new

Attack On Islamabad, Reports of explosion and Gunfire!

The question is how to tackle such indiscriminate suicide attacks? Such terror in the public domain seems virtually unstoppable at this rate. What is being done in regards to the gathered intelligence? We always hear that so many terrorists have entered other cities. We never hear what is being done in order to curb the movement of terror. How are the intelligence and security agencies sharing and acting on credible intelligence? The intelligence agencies don't seem to be up to the task of suppressing terror attacks. The anti-terror measures taken by the intelligence agencies need to be revamped. I also believe that we need to have some sort of movement registration. I know its sounds far-fetched, but what other options do we have?

The question is how to tackle such indiscriminate suicide attacks? Such terror in the public domain seems virtually unstoppable at this rate. What is being done in regards to intelligence? We always hear that so many terrorists have entered other cities. We never hear what is being done in order to curb the movement of terror. I believe that we need to have some sort of movement registration. I know its sounds far-fetched, but what other options do we have?
Give full power to Army+ISI.If you find a terrorist shot him and ask questions later.The Parliment MNA's should not be allowed to stop Millitary Operations.

Give full power to Army+ISI.If you find a terrorist shot him and ask questions later.The Parliment MNA's should not be allowed to stop Millitary Operations.

True, but we also have also acknowledge that Waziristan and the tribal areas are a hotspot. Why are these people resorting to such desperate suicide tactics? We need some deep soul searching.

The GoP seems to have no answer to these problems. The GoP hasn't played any substantial role. The GoP is just a helpless spectator watching the crisis unfold. I'm afraid that only the army and the intelligence agency is equipped to find a solution to the current problem. Every time a deal is struck we find the situation only exacerbating.

The said blast happened just a few hundred yards from where I live in Islamabad. It was at the junction of the double road leading to the front of Jinnah Super Market from the Margallah Road. The target was a temporary FC camp on the green belt between Sector F-7/3 and E-7 next to the Diplomatic Security Police Barracks. The bang was very loud and the resulting firing was actually reactive from the FC Guards placed at the spot and as such there was no exchange of firing between the FC and/or the terrorists. The suicide bomber was actually tackled to the ground by an FC Guard before he could enter the entire camp and do more damage. The FC jawans who died were the one standing outside. My suspicion again is in Baitullah Mehsud and his cronies! Lets see where does this lead?

Skywalker sir,
dear sir, i really understand your emotions but its not certainly the PAKARMY, its the so called , peoples democratic govt?
army is just waiting for orders, but yes ! now PAKARMY will going to face crtisizm because , what they are getting from restoring democracy :crazy:?
getting rid of MR, MUSHARAF?:crazy:
talking with these b@starrds(tallibans).:angry:

surlly PAKARMY , should rethink its actions?:angry:

Buddy, if you are considering my comments as my shear emotions then infact its not emotions plus frustration, I know time is running out for Mr. 10% and sooner or later things will be in right direction. Unfortunatly Pakistan cannot afford democracy.:pakistan:

If someone is hell bent on wanting to cause a suicide attack in Pakistan, then there is no way you can stop them.

However, I see two errors in the posts so far. First, "destroying the Taliban". The Taliban is an ideology. You have to defeat it through education and diplomacy. Listen to an extent to what people say about drone strikes in the tribal region. Those are the reasons why such people would do such things. There was never such a problem before these strikes. Whether or not the drone strikes hit and kill civilians or terrorists in the tribal region is irrlevant, it's the perception of the people that matters, and they feel terrorized by them, and that the Pakistani government isn't doing enough.

The other point is that RAW wouldn't have anything to do with this. RAW would be jumping up and down at such an opporunity to exploit the hatred caused by these drone strikes. It would not surprise me if India has a hand in the drone strikes, since it creates hatred which Mehsud can exploit, who in turn can be exploited by RAW.

It's a logical sequence.

Police finds head of suicide bomber

Updated at: 2050 PST, Saturday, April 04, 2009
ISLAMABAD: Islamabad police found out the head of suicide bomber who blew himself up in a FC check post, Geo news reported on Saturday.

Six FC personnel have been killed and five others injured in suicide blast.

Source: Police finds head of suicide bomber

The other point is that RAW wouldn't have anything to do with this. RAW would be jumping up and down at such an opporunity to exploit the hatred caused by these drone strikes. It would not surprise me if India has a hand in the drone strikes, since it creates hatred which Mehsud can exploit, who in turn can be exploited by RAW.

It's a logical sequence.

Weird Roadrunner theory does RAW run Afghan operations ? In that case disgruntled Taliban would not be attacking Pakistan targets.

AGAIN FC was the ultimate target, but still peoples on the fourm looks on , at FC a force which can bring peace in fata!

It would not surprise me if India has a hand in the drone strikes, since it creates hatred which Mehsud can exploit, who in turn can be exploited by RAW.

India does not have drones, let alone drones in Afghanistan.

Just because India and Pakistan has tense relations, it does not mean all the actions against Pakistan are from India. You have more than one enemy/adversary/power in your neighbourhood. In this case blame US for the strikes.

Weird Roadrunner theory does RAW run Afghan operations ? In that case disgruntled Taliban would not be attacking Pakistan targets.

Why not? The Pakistani Taliban would feel betrayed. That's probably worse to them than the "enemy" firing on them.

India does not have drones, let alone drones in Afghanistan.

Just because India and Pakistan has tense relations, it does not mean all the actions against Pakistan are from India. You have more than one enemy/adversary/power in your neighbourhood. In this case blame US for the strikes.

India does not have drones operating in FATA. The US does. It doesn't mean that the drone strikes are not being exploited by India though.

The instability is one thing the likes of which Mehsud can exploit, a they allow them to kill us, we kill them mindset.

I'm not saying the US doesn't have nefarious intentions in the region btw. I'm sure India isn't the only one, there could be many countries involved.

To say there are no foreign hands involved in this is silly though.

^^ Exactly my point!

Eight FC men dead in Islamabad suicide attack

ISLAMABAD: Eight security men were killed and several others injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up at the camp of Frontier Constabulary (FC) in Sector F-7/3 Margala Road, Islamabad on Saturday.

SSP Tahir Alam said security men were taking dinner when the attacker entered the camp and blew himself up, killing eight of the security men and injuring several others.

He said one suspect was arrested from the blast site.

The SSP denied any exchange of fire, saying the security men fired in the air to scare away any other attackers.

Police has cordoned off the area.

The injured have been brought to Poly Clinic Hospital.

The incident has set off panic among area residents.

Source: http://thenews.jang.com.pk/updates.asp?id=73725

Last edited:
If someone is hell bent on wanting to cause a suicide attack in Pakistan, then there is no way you can stop them.

However, I see two errors in the posts so far. First, "destroying the Taliban". The Taliban is an ideology. You have to defeat it through education and diplomacy. Listen to an extent to what people say about drone strikes in the tribal region. Those are the reasons why such people would do such things. There was never such a problem before these strikes. Whether or not the drone strikes hit and kill civilians or terrorists in the tribal region is irrlevant, it's the perception of the people that matters, and they feel terrorized by them, and that the Pakistani government isn't doing enough.

It's a logical sequence.

roadrunner;my big sir!
& how about this?

POISON KILLS POISON ?:azn:
IRON CUTS IRON?:azn:
WAR KILLS WAR?;)

is It's a logical sequence!:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom