What's new

Attack On Islamabad, Reports of explosion and Gunfire!

India does not have drones operating in FATA. The US does. It doesn't mean that the drone strikes are not being exploited by India though.

The instability is one thing the likes of which Mehsud can exploit, a they allow them to kill us, we kill them mindset.

How is India exploiting drone attacks?

Attention mods: Troll must be banned.

To the Troll: If you knew what Quran says you would have not suggested it!!!! Consider it a word of advise!!!!!

Listen I am sorry. I should not have said that. Calm down.

If I am incharge of RAW, I would rather focus on ensuring peace in Punjab & Sindh - why waste money & energy on destroying Pak while Talebs are doing it well.

Long term, such peace initiatives in Punjab & Sindh would pay-off better after the final partition.

If I am incharge of RAW, I would rather focus on ensuring peace in Punjab & Sindh - why waste money & energy on destroying Pak while Talebs are doing it well.

Long term, such peace initiatives in Punjab & Sindh would pay-off better after the final partition.

By peace initiaves you mean causing problems right?:confused:

By peace initiaves you mean causing problems right?:confused:

No. I mean Peace. Peaceful Panjab & Sindh would create a much needed buffer zone for India when Pakistani people decides to disintegrate. I don't see Punjabis and Sindhis putting up with Talibans for too long.

Pak army being mostly Punjabi, would soon concentrate on defending Punjab from such terrorist attacks. We are already seeing some signs of that. In fact, peace deal with SWAT talibans seems to be a move in that direction - to free up army from what is already lost so that Punjab can be saved.

Sindh being a business hub will have to do the same. Not sure if they have the power for that but is there any option?

Why would RAW ensure peace in Punjab and Sindh. I mean suggesting that RAW now should provide security too? :lol:
RAW should start looking for militents who can cause problems for Pakistan?
With all due respect, RAW can't even find terrorists who are ging to attack India.

I just hope that peaceful Punjab & Sindh (after partition) would only help India.

Aren't you Indians getting a bit ahead of yourselves? :D I can see you're gleefully cracking jokes and celebrating the thought of the split of Pak, but it's not happened as yet.

To be honest it may have the opposite effect you want. Time will tell.

Something seemed a little odd to me. Report suggests, that there was only one attacker who was pinned down by FCs and he blew himself up. Report also suggests, that gun shots were heard. Now, if there was only one terrorist then it stands to reason, that no one else was firing at the FCs. Which means that the FCs were the only ones firing.

Question is, who were they firing at and why ? Can anybody throw some light on it.

Something seemed a little odd to me. Report suggests, that there was only one attacker who was pinned down by FCs and he blew himself up. Report also suggests, that gun shots were heard. Now, if there was only one terrorist then it stands to reason, that no one else was firing at the FCs. Which means that the FCs were the only ones firing.

Question is, who were they firing at and why ? Can anybody throw some light on it.

Generally when a blast or a loud explosion occurs within close proximity of armed soldiers, it is instinctive training for the soldiers (who are temporarily numbed & senseless by the impact of the explosion in such close proximity) to start firing generally at all sides in order to thwart any further aggression. Since I am located a few hundred yards from the site where this happened, I can say this with suretly that the firing pattern was more of an instinctive shoot then an actual exchange of fire between two armed groups.

Generally when a blast or a loud explosion occurs within close proximity of armed soldiers, it is instinctive training for the soldiers (who are temporarily numbed & senseless by the impact of the explosion in such close proximity) to start firing generally at all sides in order to thwart any further aggression. Since I am located a few hundred yards from the site where this happened, I can say this with suretly that the firing pattern was more of an instinctive shoot then an actual exchange of fire between two armed groups.
Thanks for clarifying.

I am not an expert in military procedures, but still, how judicious is the practice. Firing solely on instinct, without knowing who your target is, particularly, in a civilian area (it was a market place, wasn't it ?), is akin to what is known as indiscriminate firing. Can battlefield tactics be applied in urban friendly civilian scenario ?

Any word if Mehsud and TeT have claimed responsibility yet? I'm sure our asset as well as the Pakistani's are tuned into all frequencies waiting for him to open his big fat mouth on his INMARSAT phone.

Thanks for clarifying.

I am not an expert in military procedures, but still, how judicious is the practice. Firing solely on instinct, without knowing who your target is, particularly, in a civilian area (it was a market place, wasn't it ?), is akin to what is known as indiscriminate firing. Can battlefield tactics be applied in urban friendly civilian scenario ?

The Frontier Corps is a para-military force trained mainly in Guard and patrolling duties. They are not completely and professionally trained like Army special forces soldiers who can keep their senses in check with all hell exploding around them. Even in wars and during soldiers charging at each other, sporadic firing is a way of 'trying' to keep the enemy at bay! Having said that, the explosion took place 'unexpectedly' and without warning on a green belt located between two housing sectors and there was no market place around. Their is a double road adjacent to the camp which at the time had little traffic. Therefore, battlefield tactics can very well be applied in urban warfare in such incidents and locations. Having said that, normally when such 'unexpected' explosions occur in market places, random firing is not done for obvious reasons! In a battle however the nerves are hardened due to expected barrage of bullets and bombs!

The Frontier Corps is a para-military force trained mainly in Guard and patrolling duties. They are not completely and professionally trained like Army special forces soldiers who can keep their senses in check with all hell exploding around them. Even in wars and during soldiers charging at each other, sporadic firing is a way of 'trying' to keep the enemy at bay! Having said that, the explosion took place 'unexpectedly' and without warning on a green belt located between two housing sectors and there was no market place around. Their is a double road adjacent to the camp which at the time had little traffic. Therefore, battlefield tactics can very well be applied in urban warfare in such incidents and locations. Having said that, normally when such 'unexpected' explosions occur in market places, random firing is not done for obvious reasons! In a battle however the nerves are hardened due to expected barrage of bullets and bombs!

Valid observation.

I just came across this news, yesterday in Miranshah exactly the same thing happened and some students got caught in the firing. However the article also mentions army.

DAWN.COM | - NWFP | Firing after suicide attack kills seven in Miramshah

Back
Top Bottom