What's new

Asia ranks top in international education rankings, comparing standards in maths and science

I wish that Singapore government can find a way to address this phenomenon and curve it. Unfortunately, in Japan we have a similar problem....

Singapore Government won't do anything about it.Moreover, parents in SG are ruthless to their children when it comes to academics and there is HIGH level of bullying in SG school.

Corporal punishment like caning is present in SG schools

The earliest documentary record of contact between Japan and China was a Qin navigator, Xu Fu(徐福). A Chinese legend of uncertain provenance states that Xu Fu(徐福), a Qin Dynasty court sorcerer, was sent by Qin Shi Huang(秦始皇) to Penglai Mountain (Mount Fuji) in 219 BC to retrieve an elixir of life. Unwilling to return without the elixir, the myth asserts that Xu instead chose to settle in Japan. It was believed that the fleet included 60 barques and around 5,000 crew members, 3,000 boys and girls, and craftsmen of different fields.

Xu Fu from China

Xu Fu was from the state of Qi(齊/齐). Qi was a state during Spring and Autumn Period(春秋时代)and Period of the Warring States(战国时代)in ancient China. In 221 BC, Qi was the last state of pre-Imperial China to be conquered by the State of Qin, the final obstacle which allowed the Qin Dynasty(under Qin Shi Huang)to consolidate the 6 kingdoms and found the first centralized and imperial empire over China. Xu Fu become people of Qin, with personal humiliation of destruction of his own home state by Qin.

His hometown is from Longkou city(龍口市),formerly Huang County (黄县). Longkou literally means dragon(龍)'s mouth(口). It is a port city in northeastern Shandong Province(山东省), on the eastern coast of the People's Republic of China. Longkou, now a county-level city, is administered by the prefecture-level city of Yantai(烟台市). The total population of Longkou is 620,000. However there are other theory stated that he was born and growth up in Xu Fu village(徐福村,原名叫徐阜村),JinShan Zhen(金山镇),Ganyu County (赣榆县),a county of Jiangsu Province(江苏省), China, now under the administration of Lianyungang(连云港)city. This was also the port he departed to the east. The third opinion is that he was from Langya(琅琊), Jiaonan (胶南)which is now a county-level city of Qingdao sub-provincial city, Shandong Province, China. All these three places were in Qi state in ancient time. Ganyu county was under Langya Prefecture during Qin Dynasty period, that caused the confusion in history.

Also, if you want to know about the Suzhou culture in Japan, you can read:
Suzhou Culture in Japan--《Journal of Suzhou College of Education》2011年05期

Hi,

The link between Japan and China is not just historical, even the foundation of Modern China is linked with Japan.

Bro, there is remarkable link between China and Japan. This link is traced back to the legends of old of Xu Fu (Yuzuki no Kimi) , to King Taibo. Even in early modern period of Japan and China, the father of Modern China, Dr. Sun Yat Sen, was very good friends with a Japanese philosopher named 宮崎 滔天 Miyazaki Toten. They remained the best of friends throughout their lives. Miyazaki died in 1922 and Dr. Sun died in 1925.

Here's a picture of Dr. Sun Yat Sen in Tokyo with other Japanese friends. Dr. Sun Yat Sen is in the right, And Miyazaki Toten is in the center (the guy with the big bushy beard, lol):

1024px-sun_yat_sen_in_japan_1900-1-png.152567

------------------------------------------

Do you know how Japan got its name? Japan's oldest name is 倭 (Wa, or Wo). The Chinese work known as Shan Hai Jing 山海經 (Classic of The Mountains and Seas) , there is a chapter there that describes the land of Wa , which is referring to Japan.

Incidentally this word "Wa" is progenitor of the YAMATO civilization of ancient Japan.

In fact, the oldest link we have that traces Chinese - Japanese relationship is the golden seal that the Chinese Empero Guangwu of the Han Dynasty gave to the Japanese Emperor back in 1st century CE.

1280px-king_of_na_gold_seal_faces-1-jpg.152512

Acctually, you don't need introduce Xu Fu to me, I well knew history and this person. What I concern is the link between Xu Fu and current '华族' of Japanese. If you have the record, could you show me? Or, do you know why Xu Fu did not return to mainland?

I definitely knew Dr. Sun could talk with Japanese by writing Hanzi, but now we can't communicate like this way except guess the meaning of Japanese Hanzi. Further more, the founders of Republic of Korea also can talk with Dr. Sun at that time, and even then they talk about dialect convergence between China and Korea. Korean dialect is more close to China even today.

At a certain degree, I agree with jackmars' viewpoints what he said is the fact. No offence, but Japanese fabricated history not less than Korean.

Last edited:
Singapore Government won't do anything about it.Moreover, parents in SG are ruthless to their children when it comes to academics and there is HIGH level of bullying in SG school.

Corporal punishment like caning is present in SG schools

I'm sorry to hear that, man. Caning in schools? This is too much....

Acctually, you don't need introduce Xu Fu to me, I well knew history and this person. What I concern is the link between Xu Fu and current '华族' of Japanese. If you have the record, could you show me? Or, do you know why Xu Fu did not return to mainland?

I definitely knew Dr. Sun could talk with Japanese by writing Hanzi, but now we can't communication like this way except guess the meaning of Japanese Hanzi. Further more, the founders of Republic of Korea also can talk with Dr. Sun at that time, and even then they talk about dialect convergence between China and Korea. Korean dialect is more close to China even today.

At a certain degree, I agree with jackmars' viewpoints what he said is the fact. No offence, but Japanese fabricated history not less than Korean.

This was discussed in an old thread, perhaps you can purview,

Why China Won’t Fall Apart | Page 4

hi, top 20 suicide country in world , hi, that japanese troll , come have look, learn knowledge, you uneducated troll

=================

1 Greenland[3][4][5] (more info) 116.9 45.0 83.0 (0.0830%) 2011
2 Lithuania[6] (more info) 65.1 12.4 36.7 (0.0367%) 2013
3 South Korea[7] (more info) 39.8 17.3 28.5 (0.0285%) 2013
4 Guyana[8](more info) 39.0 13.4 26.4 (0.0264%) 2006
5Kazakhstan[8](more info) 43.0 9.4 25.6 (0.0256%) 2008
6 Slovenia[9] 34.6 9.4 21.8 (0.0218%) 2011
7 Japan (more info)[10] 28.2 12.3 20.1 (0.0201%) 2014
8Hungary[11]

21.1 (0.0211%) 2013
10 Belarus[12][13]

20.5 (0.0205%) 2012
11 Ukraine[14] (more info)

19.8 (0.0198%) 2012
12 Latvia[15]

19.0 (0.0190%) 2013
13 Russia[16] (more info)

18.2 (0.0182%) 2014
14 Moldova

17.6 (0.0176%) 2008
15 Poland

17.5 (0.0175%) 2013
23px-Flag_of_Sri_Lanka.svg.png
Sri Lanka[17] (more info) 34.8 9.24 21.3 (0.0213%) 2011
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png
Belgium[18][note 1][19][note 2]

17.0 (0.017%) 2009
23px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png
Uruguay[20]

16.5 (0.0165%) 2012
23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png
Croatia[21]

16.3 (0.0163%) 2013
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png
Finland[22]

How in the world is education thread turned into suicide information thread.

Can we all go back to the subject matter now.

Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that, man. Caning in schools? This is too much....

This was discussed in an old thread, perhaps you can purview,

Why China Won’t Fall Apart | Page 4

You just can't mix the theories and facts. Korean claim they originate from Hunan Province where 5000 years ago 炎帝 tribes have settled here and my home town located. :D

Fact is fact. Theory need solid evidences to be proved. Though Mr. jackmars is a little tough, you should open your mind and I think that nagetive rating is not proper, this is my sugguestion to you.

Well, all this proved my judgement.:D

You just can't mix the theories and facts. Korean claim they originate from Hunan Province where 5000 years ago 炎帝 tribes have settled here and my home town located. :D

Fact is fact. Theory need solid evidences to be proved. Though Mr. jackmars is a little tough, you should open your mind and I think that nagetive rating is not proper, this is my sugguestion to you.

That's the point of it being a theory, tomodachi.

:)

he gave me negative point, because his trolling failed again before me, hahahaha

That's the point of it being a theory, tomodachi.

:)

Too much this kind of theories will lead research to BS especially the history one. That's my idea and some countries have proved it.

OK, enjoy your arguments, please.

Go team of Japan. :D

he gave me negative point, because his trolling failed again before me, hahahaha
Actually, you and me both know the style of Japanese, that's it.

And I like your style.:D

The report of the OP was based on test results of PISA 2012 (Jeez it takes such a while to generate another report) wherein only Shanghai. the successive Champions 2 times (2009 and 2012) in a row, officially represented China in the tests

Not only PISA it used other results to a create a standard tool to evaluate the education system.

The rankings are based on an amalgamation of international assessments, including the OECD's Pisa tests, the TIMSS tests run by US-based academics and TERCE tests in Latin America, putting developed and developing countries on a single scale

i'm sure china amongst top 5.. after all oriental countries doing great..

kudos to vietnam... in the next 5 or 10 years i believe you guys will amongst top 8..

Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia will make it in the top 20. If Singapore and Vietnam can do it you can too. It just shows that less developed countries can achieve the same results through proper reform and hard work.

China is not an OECD member you moron...

Some of the countries rank are non OECD.

OECD CURRENT MEMBERSHIP
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Chile
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israël
Italy
Japan
Korea
Luxembourg
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Slovak Republic
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

Last edited:
Too much this kind of theories will lead research to BS especially the history one. That's my idea and some countries have proved it.

OK, enjoy your arguments, please.

Go team of Japan. :D

Actually, you and me both know the style of Japanese, that's it.

And I like your style.:D
haha, i usually like teasing vietnamese trolls on internet, not very much with japanese , my style is very simple, i stick with facts all the time, i dont talk out of hatred or preference or patriotism, i only respect facts, good or bad, hahaha

Not only PISA it used other results to a create a standard tool to evaluate developing and developed countries.

The rankings are based on an amalgamation of international assessments, including the OECD's Pisa tests, the TIMSS tests run by US-based academics and TERCE tests in Latin America, putting developed and developing countries on a single scale

Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia will make it in the top 20. If Singapore and Vietnam can do it you can too. It just shows that less developed countries can achieve the same results through proper reform and hard work.

Some of the countries rank are non OECD.

OECD CURRENT MEMBERSHIP
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
ChileCzech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israël
Italy
Japan
Korea
Luxembourg
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Slovak Republic
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States
it does never mean china is in this list, oecd, or non oecd, they picked up vietnam this time, not china,

in 2012, they used chinese shanghai, chinese shanghai won all top place in world in all three tests math, science, and reading

You don't have to worry about us East Asians, because you are not East Asian.

You are something "else".

He definitely has some agenda going on lol, seem to be trying desperately to provoke animosity between China and Japan.

He definitely has some agenda going on lol, seem to be trying desperately to provoke animosity between China and Japan.

Bless his heart, lol.

Onto more productive news, however, looks like East Asian performance is stellar...;)

screen%20shot%202013-12-03%20at%205.29.16%20am.png

use-of-pisa-in-quality-improvement-polices-richard-yelland-oecd-head-of-policy-advice-and-implementation-division-18-638.jpg

lol, you sound like you trying hard to lick japans bottom ,what is your agenda, huh? try attack chinese army in HK for japan ? LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom