What's new

Asia ranks top in international education rankings, comparing standards in maths and science

pisa-2012-evaluating-school-systems-to-improve-education-36-638.jpg

haha, i usually like teasing vietnamese trolls on internet, not very much with japanese , my style is very simple, i stick with facts all the time, i dont talk out of hatred or preference or patriotism, i only respect facts, good or bad, hahaha

it does never mean china is in this list, oecd, or non oecd, they picked up vietnam this time, not china,

in 2012, they used chinese shanghai, chinese shanghai won all top place in world in all three tests math, science, and reading

lol, you sound like you trying hard to lick japans bottom ,what is your agenda, huh? try attack chinese army in HK ? LOL

You will be hated, I am serious. :D

I will count your nagetive ratings for you. :D

Buddy, try to slow down coz sometime facts hurts.:o:

People keep mentioning East Asian "culture" when these tests come up. Nobody wants to discuss the link between intelligence and genetics in case the dreaded r word gets thrown around.

Bless his heart, lol.

Onto more productive news, however, looks like East Asian performance is stellar...;)

screen%20shot%202013-12-03%20at%205.29.16%20am.png

use-of-pisa-in-quality-improvement-polices-richard-yelland-oecd-head-of-policy-advice-and-implementation-division-18-638.jpg
see? look, like i said, you japanese have low iq in east asia, look top 6 on list, 5 are chinese , you japanese are not east asians, you are islanders

see? look, like i said, you japanese have low iq in east asia, look top 6 on list, 5 are chinese , you japanese are not east asians, you are islanders

Yes, Chinese performed very well in Math. Japan didn't do too bad since we were #3 in Reading and #3 in Science.

Also, Chinese cities (HK, Shanghai, Taipei, Macao) are listed, but not the entire country. Whereas Japan is the entire country (over 128 million). How come the entire China is not listed, but only cities?

:)

You will be hated, I am serious. :D

I will count your nagetive ratings for you. :D

Buddy, try to slow down coz sometime facts hurts.:o:
i know, being hated by troll is an enjoyment for me, yeah, i have fun in hurting their troll bottoms, lmao

Let us also address the Japanese IQ, is substantially higher than the PRC Mainland, and ROC:

ndsith.jpg

Japan = 105
China = 100
Taiwan = 104

Yes, Chinese performed very well in Math. Japan didn't do too bad since we were #3 in Reading and #3 in Science.

Also, Chinese cities (HK, Shanghai, Taipei, Macao) are listed, but not the entire country. Whereas Japan is the entire country (over 128 million). How come the entire China is not listed, but only cities?

Many areas are better than Shanghai. Shanghai never top the education system in China.:o:

How do you think average? :D

Many area are better than Shanghai. Shanghai never top the education system in China.:o:

How do you think average? :D

We could have done that for Tokyo, too (which has a GDP per capita of over $75,000 USD, btw). But we didn't do that, we did a comprehensive average.

Shouldn't have the Chinese done the same? Instead of selectively taking scores of cities?

I mean we could have also taken scores from Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyoto, Sapporo ....

lol

ndsith.jpg

Let us also address the Japanese IQ, is substantially higher than the PRC Mainland, and ROC:

ndsith.jpg

Japan = 105
China = 100
Taiwan = 104

It's OK for the figures Japan got. See, you play something again. You should add Hongkong to your list.

You deserve to top the OECD games.

Please considerate others feelings and don't turn the topic to China VS Japan. Thanks.

FYI

1.上海109
2.山东,江苏107
3.河北,北京,天津106
4.东北106
5.山西,安徽105
6.关中105
7.河南105
8.内蒙104
9.甘肃,宁夏,陕北103
10.浙江,新疆,青海103
11.福建103
12.湖南103
13.江西,重庆101
14.云,贵,川,陕南100
15.湖北100
16.广东100
17.广西,海南95
18.西藏85

香港107
新加坡105
台湾105
澳门104

well, thats simply because you japanese have lower iq, so stop your excuse,

also, because china is not oecd member, china did not have duty to participate in oecd country evaluations, china did not even take seriously with this request from oecd in 2012, but just picked a random shanghai high school to do test, those test are not familiar for chinese students because its oecd style of tests, , no students from that high school was prepared anything for this oecd test, but they all won all top place in world in all math, science and reading , easy task for them, that high shcool is even very common one in district level , let alone city level.

i suggest you google news, england started to adopt chinese math textbook in their high school after this test.

also another information for you to know, the best students in china are from some middle china provinces and jiangsu provicnes or zhejiang province,,,,,,, shanghai student is very average in china.

1. Singapore
2. Hong Kong
3. South Korea
4. Japan (joint)
4. Taiwan (joint)
6. Finland
7. Estonia
8. Switzerland
9. Netherlands
10. Canada
11. Poland
12. Vietnam
13. Germany
14. Australia

:p:

yea yea I admit its rather surprising to see Vietnam ranks so high among developed rich countries. I think maybe we should change the OP's title to "Why isn't Vietnam rich yet?" lolol. That would make a much more interesting debate

We could have done that for Tokyo, too (which has a GDP per capita of over $75,000 USD, btw). But we didn't do that, we did a comprehensive average.

Shouldn't have the Chinese done the same? Instead of selectively taking scores of cities?

I mean we could have also taken scores from Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyoto, Sapporo ....

lol

ndsith.jpg
lol, this is such a fake list from west, china never allowed outside world to do any this kind of test in china, its a baseless lie from west

It's OK for the figures Japan got. See, you play something again. You should add Hongkong to your list.

You deserve to top the OECD games.

Please considerate others feelings and don't turn the topic to China VS Japan. Thanks.

I'm not turning this into a China VS Japan, I'm just saying that based on Japanese IQ rate compared to others in East Asia and the world, we have the highest scores. And in regards to these PISA results, they're not a representative visage for China. Since these are for 4 cities: a) Shanghai , b) HK, c) Taipei, d) Macao. These cities don't represent the educational or scoring capabilities of say Chongqing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Wuhan, Ningbo or even interior cities and county level cities, etc. Do you understand?

Whereas Japan --- our score is a representative measure since it is the mean. Japan could have merely reported scores for Tokyo, Kyoto, Sapporo, Yokohama as well and im sure those would have topped the charts.

But then again, it goes back to representativeness and generalizability.

Understand?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom