What's new

Asia ranks top in international education rankings, comparing standards in maths and science

Actually, to correct you, Hong Kong SAR is listed. In Fact, if you look at the Mathematics table:
1. Shanghai
2. Singapore
3. Taipei
4. Hong Kong

screen%20shot%202013-12-03%20at%205.29.16%20am.png

LMFAO!
lets just use other international test for math or science subjects , not this oecd test, for exmple international olympic math competition, or chemisry, or biology, china is always are top winners for every international test , this is more covincing proof for an avreage level of a country in education, because all candidates are best from their coutnries, for example international math olympic : compare between china and japan, best result of japan is 5th in last 50 years, thats pathetic

International Mathematical Olympiad

Perhaps you got confused when looking at the graphs? One graph that i posted was the IQ scores of nations, the other was the individual scores of nations in PISA exams (math, science, reading).

I hope it makes sense to you now. Sometimes we have to re-review data to comprehend it.
Actually, no.:D

I majored in HR, DM, MANAGEMENT and I have the ability to figure it out, sometimes include the undergoing mental activity. :D

OK, enough. I am not a person who like to teach students like you.

Perhaps you got confused when looking at the graphs? One graph that i posted was the IQ scores of nations, the other was the individual scores of nations in PISA exams (math, science, reading).

I hope it makes sense to you now. Sometimes we have to re-review data to comprehend it.
yeah, but i need a proof that is your true iq level of japan, what is link of these score, what are proofs?

Actually, no.:D

I majored in HR, DM, MANAGEMENT and I have the ability to figure it out, sometimes include the undergoing mental activity. :D

OK, enough. I am not a person who like to teach students like you.

feel free to teach me anytime, Sensei.

:)

lets just use other international test for math or science subjects , not this oecd test, for exmple international olympic math competition, or chemisry, or biology, china is always are top winners for every international test , this is more covincing proof for an avreage level of a country in education, because all candidates are best from their coutnries, for example international math olympic : compare between china and japan, best result of japan is 5th in last 50 years, thats pathetic

International Mathematical Olympiad

Sh!t, I also want to use the word 'impressive' and amazing.

Sh!t, I also want to use the word 'impressive' and amazing.
lol, OECD is just a pretty much west country organization, never standing for world education level, the only internationl education test to compare almost all countries in world are international math olympic or chemistry olympic, or biology or physics olympic , those are real hard tests to show true ability of students from different countires, their questions are hardest in world and made by scientists in world, this is only true evoluations to prove which country in wolrd have best students , china is always top in world in every science subjects , because chinese students are best in world, this japanese troll like saying japan is avaragely best, but those international olympic tests shows china is alway best, japan is not even top 10 best in science

Let us also address the Japanese IQ, is substantially higher than the PRC Mainland, and ROC:

Japan = 105
China = 100
Taiwan = 104

:)

Actually, that data was updated by the same author in 2010.

HongKong 108
Singapore 108
S. Korea 106
China 105
Taiwan 105
Japan 105
Macau 101

iqbynations.jpg

You, as a HR do know MBTI test, Style test, etc, right? Please tell me the efficiency of that you served company Ford.

Of course i'm acquainted with multiple batteries , i should know since I'm a Ph.D-c in I/O Psychology, and teach a graduate-level stats class (among others), lol. Like anything statistical, the issue of generalizability and representativeness power depends the p value, and various other statistical inference points. Another variable to consider when doing meta-analysis and/ or listing limitations in studies depends on the sample size, which , as you should know, affects the power of a study. Ideally, a representative sample should be randomly collected, and should be taken from throughout the country, which is the basis for generalizability of results....

Capiche, mon ami?

Actually, that data was updated by the same author in 2010.

HongKong 108
Singapore 108
S. Korea 106
China 105
Taiwan 105
Japan 105
Macau 101

View attachment 221128
this one is also pretty much not reliable, this english professor actually did not have source of all chinese province , china never allowed outside people to do research on chinese population for example genetic make up or blood type, i heard this guy used some unreliable chinese source from gansu province based on chinese research to estimate whole china level, gansu province have many minority groups, it cant be true for avreage chinese iq level,

Of course i'm acquainted with multiple batteries , i should know since I'm a Ph.D-c in I/O Psychology, and teach a graduate-level stats class (among others), lol. Like anything statistical, the issue of generalizability and representativeness power depends the p value, and various other statistical inference points. Another variable to consider when doing meta-analysis and/ or listing limitations in studies depends on the sample size, which , as you should know, affects the power of a study. Ideally, a representative sample should be randomly collected, and should be taken from throughout the country, which is the basis for generalizability of results....

Capiche, mon ami?
you probably are phd in on line trolling

@jackmars @Nihonjin1051 @jkroo @21stCentury @Lux de Veritas

Let's calm down my chopstick brothers, shall we? The pattern is clear that East Asia in general has higher intelligence and better schooling results, and that the difference within East Asia is only marginal, even negligible.

Other than genetical, the common denominator here is a die-hard-to-study culture. So how about not argue about the negligible differences but let's explore how can we convert that into productivity, or makes education even better?

I am just a car racing fanatic from Shanghai, a nobody in intellectual, so I would like to listen to valuable comments from you guys.

Last edited:
this one is also pretty much not reliable, this english professor actually did not have source of all chinese province , china never allowed outside people to do research on chinese population for example genetic make up or blood type, i heard this guy used some unreliable chinese source from gansu province based on chinese research to estimate whole china level, gansu province have many minority groups, it cant be true for avreage chinese iq level,

you probably are phd in on line trolling

You could be right. My purpose was to show that the source he(nihonjin) used was updated.

@jackmars @Nihonjin1051 @jkroo @21stCentury

Let's calm down my chopstick brothers, shall we? The pattern is clear that East Asia in general has higher intelligence and better schooling results, and that the difference within East Asia is only marginal, even negligible.

Other than genetical, the common denominator here is a die-hard-to-study culture. So how about not argue about the negligible differences but let's explore how can we convert that into productivity, or makes education even better?

Thanks for the reminder, bro. At that, i bid thee a good night. Its 3:18 am on my side.

You could be right. My purpose was to show that the source he(nihonjin) used was updated.
yeah, this english professor is quite famous, its old story already, he did not have any permission to do any research in china, but his iq level research is famous in world back about 15 years ago, he did say chinese are cleverest people in world

Capiche, mon ami?
You don't got my point.
Now you are talking to create model like OECD and international Mathematical Olympiad do. I agree with you that samples are important, can you share your samples about Japanese tests?
What you mentioned generalizability and representativeness about Japan failed by the proof @bobsm has posted.

Try to learn more modeling method, PNN, GRNN, Grey System Theory, Bayesian Belief Network, GA, etc. I do recall my school times when play with MATLAB. :D

Go build your own model, you will win.

yeah, this english professor is quite famous, its old story already, he did not have any permission to do any research in china, but his iq level research is famous in world back about 15 years ago, he did say chinese are cleverest people in world
Japanese admit the same thing who from those companies located in China and they really don't want to give their employee any opportunities. :D

@jackmars @Nihonjin1051 @jkroo @21stCentury @Lux de Veritas

I am just a car racing fanatic from Shanghai, a nobody in intellectual, so I would like to listen to valuable comments from you guys.

You are honored in this thread for you are from Shanghai. :D Don't take this kind of data too serious, please.
The valuable comment is: the poster slapped his own face hardly as a loser who want to bash China. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom