What's new

Asia ranks top in international education rankings, comparing standards in maths and science

yeah, this english professor is quite famous, its old story already, he did not have any permission to do any research in china, but his iq level research is famous in world back about 15 years ago, he did say chinese are cleverest people in world

That's very true for Chinese in HK, Taiwan & Singapore. Comparatively there are a lot more less intelligent Chinese guys here in mainland China, way more stubborn and unwilling to take new ideas, just red-necks, I might even be considered one of them, dam it.

You are honored in this thread for you are from Shanghai. :D Don't take this kind of data too serious, please.
The valuable comment is: the poster slapped his own face hardly as a loser who want to bash China. :D

Thanks, but hey you are the sophisticated one, kudos to that! I am just a car racing fanatic, nobody in intellectual, dam it. :(

Back to topic, no matter what model we look at, Japan is still the most advanced country on earth, loaded with inventions and Nobel Prize winners, they are very smart chopstick brothers!

That's very true for Chinese in HK, Taiwan & Singapore. Comparatively there are a lot more less intelligent Chinese guys here in mainland China, way more stubborn and unwilling to take new ideas, just red-necks, I might even be considered one of them, dam it.

Thanks, but hey you are the sophisticated one, kudos to that! I am just a car racing fanatic, nobody in intellectual, dam it. :(

Back to topic, no matter what model we look at, Japan is still the most advanced country on earth, loaded with inventions and Nobel Prize winners, they are very smart chopstick brothers!
you should say relatively, even less intelligent chinese are probably cleverer than most people in world, let alone its hard to get an average iq level in china in diffferent province, particulairly those with large number of minority, some minorty have really low iq level, for example yi zu, so you say any avareage does never mean they are true numbers of local han chinese

you should say relatively, even less intelligent chinese are probably cleverer than most people in world, let alone its hard to get an average iq level in china in diffferent province, particulairly those with large number of minority, some minorty have really low iq level, for example yi zu, so you say any avareage does never mean they are true numbers of local han chinese

I understand your point, to some extent it is factual (state-run colleges adopt favorable admission policy towards minority races to compensate for their lower score-lines) though I hate to be labeled racist. Even within Hans, there are regional differences, traditionally the northern Hans (descendents of nomadic races) are more "red-necks" i.e. more martial (also bigger in physical build), more intelligent in military & macro-economics, while the southern Hans (descendents of agricultural races) are more intelligent in micro-economics.

Coastal Hans descending from maritime races (Fujian/Hokkien, Zhejiang, and to some extent the likes of Japanese) are more all-rounded.

Though I am Shanghainese but probably because I am descendent of Manchu that's why my IQ isn't as high as my fellow Han Shanghainese, dam it.

Last edited:
Actually, that data was updated by the same author in 2010.

HongKong 108
Singapore 108
S. Korea 106
China 105
Taiwan 105
Japan 105
Macau 101

View attachment 221128

japan.iq.2.png

japan.iq.1.png

There were demonstrative correlations between years of education and vocabulary, information and comprehension, as well as correlation between years of education and verbal IQ, which are consistent with the present results (showed in both graphs). Subjects with higher educational levels tend to show higher scores in these intelligence tests. Concerning memory function, WMS-R, a representative memory test, showed that visual memory, general memory and delayed recall significantly different according to years of education, while verbal memory did not.

These results indicate that it is also important in Japan to consider years of education when memory function is assessed. The results indicate that memory function of Japanese subjects has a stronger correlation with intelligence (especially Verbal IQ, Full Scale IQ, and Verbal comprehension) than with years of education. However, partial correlation analysis with years of education as covariance showed some interesting correlation than the Person product moment correlation coefficients , thus indicates years of education has a significant influence on correlation coefficients between memory function and intelligence.

Interesting enough that in other countries, several studies have reported that years of education strongly correlated with intelligence and weakly correlated with memory function. The correlation between years of education and intelligence may be explained as follows.

Reference:

Murayama, N., Iseki, E., Tagaya, H., Ota, K., Kasanuki, K., Fujishiro, H., & ... Sato, K. (2013). Intelligence or years of education: which is better correlated with memory function in Japanese subjects?. Psychogeriatrics, 13(1), 9-16. doi:10.1111/j.1479-8301.2012.00408.x

Subscribe

My classmates call me脑残(offensive call-low IQ) But Mensa IQ test told me my IQ is 127, are sure the average is right?

LOL ... don't worry mate I am also called brain-dead (脑残) by my wife, especially when I race like "Fast & Furious 7"!

My classmates call me脑残(offensive call-low IQ) But Mensa IQ test told me my IQ is 127, are sure the average is right?

You're in my IQ range. :)

LOL ... don't worry mate I am also called brain-dead (脑残) by my wife, especially when I race like "Fast & Furious 7"!

hahaha, i bet we're in the same range , bro.

;)

I understand your point, to some extent it is factual (state-run colleges adopt favorable admission policy towards minority races to compensate for their lower score-lines) though I hate to be labeled racist. Even within Hans, there are regional differences, traditionally the northern Hans (descendents of nomadic races) are more "red-necks" i.e. more martial (also bigger in physical build), more intelligent in military & macro-economics, while the southern Hans (descendents of agricultural races) are more intelligent in micro-economics.

Coastal Hans descending from maritime races (Fujian/Hokkien, Zhejiang, and to some extent the likes of Japanese) are more all-rounded.

Though I am Shanghainese but probably because I am descendent of Manchu that's why my IQ isn't as high as my fellow Han Shanghainese, dam it.
how real your manchu is , hahah, manchu are mixed with han blood since the day one pretty much

View attachment 221154

View attachment 221155

There were demonstrative correlations between years of education and vocabulary, information and comprehension, as well as correlation between years of education and verbal IQ, which are consistent with the present results (showed in both graphs). Subjects with higher educational levels tend to show higher scores in these intelligence tests. Concerning memory function, WMS-R, a representative memory test, showed that visual memory, general memory and delayed recall significantly different according to years of education, while verbal memory did not.

These results indicate that it is also important in Japan to consider years of education when memory function is assessed. The results indicate that memory function of Japanese subjects has a stronger correlation with intelligence (especially Verbal IQ, Full Scale IQ, and Verbal comprehension) than with years of education. However, partial correlation analysis with years of education as covariance showed some interesting correlation than the Person product moment correlation coefficients , thus indicates years of education has a significant influence on correlation coefficients between memory function and intelligence.

Interesting enough that in other countries, several studies have reported that years of education strongly correlated with intelligence and weakly correlated with memory function. The correlation between years of education and intelligence may be explained as follows.

Reference:

Murayama, N., Iseki, E., Tagaya, H., Ota, K., Kasanuki, K., Fujishiro, H., & ... Sato, K. (2013). Intelligence or years of education: which is better correlated with memory function in Japanese subjects?. Psychogeriatrics, 13(1), 9-16. doi:10.1111/j.1479-8301.2012.00408.x
lol, reference, all japanese authurs, typical

also, actually manchus iq is not low at all, but many minority for example tibetan, or yi, or hmong are really really low, in china, ethnic uyghur ,korean and mongolians, manchu are not bad in iq level

I am not bashing Japan except those bash China comments. Ah, Nobel Prize, good for them. No comments to that, but a country which was not driven ahead by Nobel Prize, Nobel Prize is a byproduct, you could know that. :D

I sugguest that you could know more about our chopstick brother Japanese. :lol: 2CH and Yahoo Japan will be good channels. I'd like to share you my points about Japan and Japanese. Japan is a developed country, I admire their achievements. Japan has middle to long term strategy to become a 'normal country' which means Japan some day have to fight China and USA, yes USA. I do not like average Japanese's personality - easy to be provoked and easy to be misled and some of them who talk good, done evil. A very few of them could be your friends. It comes from my own experiences. That's the reality.

As a car racing fanatic, you should pay more attention to domestic racing vehicle development or you can open a new thread for the car racing topic. That's the online life. :lol: Last time, I heard Chery G5 has finished Nurburgring Nordschleife Circuit with not bad performance.

BTW, Talking never produce GDP but can amuse yourself and others. :D

I find the video. 瑞麒G5纽北8分56秒第一视角全纪录—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看

Here comes your medicine. :D:D

newnaocanpian.jpg

Last edited:
Asia tops biggest global school rankings - BBC News

I'm not surprised past results like PISA score is a good indication for future performance. Where is PRC china in the ranking? :oops:

Learning cities in East Asia were the outcome of instrumental policies by government bodies to mobilize citizens’ learning that enhanced personal development, economic prosperity, and social inclusion.

In Japan, the learning city policies were boosted in the 1990s by the Ministry of Education as well as the Ministry of Trade and Industry in the context of a bubble economy. In the Republic of Korea, the Asian Financial Crisis of 1997 suddenly called for the active role of lifelong learning and learning cities as a main policy instrument. To build a new concept of regional self-governance, learning cities were designated in the 2000s and 2010s. In China, rapidly growing metropolises and the shadow of social discrepancies in cities stimulated the introduction of community rebuilding and adult education programmes to promote citizens’ participation in community activities, mainly in the 2000s and early 2010s.

Most of all, the experience of learning city programmes in this region had a clear connection with placating the discontent of what citizens had perceived as the outcomes of the process of industrialization and post-industrialization. Especially in the Republic of Korea and China, large metropolitan cities sought a new image to become environmentally safe and culturally dignified. Learning was perceived as a solution to the social problems occurring in overwhelming processes of modern industrialization that distorted the city image into merely a money-making machine.

The distinctive features of the Asian type of learning cities can be characterized as a community relations model, which is different to the European individual competence model in the sense that learning is fundamentally an individual process, and learning city programmes aim to enhance individual competence as their contribution to communities and workplaces. A typical statement in a learning city strategy implemented by the Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD) or by a European country is along the following lines:

“the coordination of work oriented and general / leisure oriented education and training in a way that allows all citizens easily to relate their development as individuals to their development as workers.”

By contrast, the Asian perspective in learning cities underlines the problems of social conditions and identities , cultural discontent and conflicts within the cities as well as various intergenerational and gender tensions, etc. Social exclusion and conflict in a society are more focused here, and therefore, cultural and liberal learning dominates the curriculum in the context of community activities. We call it a community relations model, a unique Asian perspective of lifelong learning and learning cities, which emphasizes more of the “mode of relations” and group learning activities. More or less, over time, the emphasis on social and collective aspects has always been part of the social history of Asian countries, especially Northeast Asian ones: Japan, South Korea, China.

The three cases of East Asian learning city experiences show distinctive as well as collective characeristics : Japanese experience shows that the concept of learning cities needs to incorporate the previous tradition of learning communities run by the “KOMINKAN”. With some contrast , Korean learning city experience shows that it can be ignited by state leadership, allied with active reformation of individual cities with local autonomy and supporting politics. The rapid adaptation of learning city policies in contemporary China shows new possibilities of developing the learning city as a cultural tool in managing urban administration and recovering stability.

Four main characteristics can be derived from these cases:

1) The ideas and implementation of Asian learning cities have been triggered by global circumstances and uncertainties which threatened and dismantled the traditional social stability and cohesion of each society.

2) Second, it was social rather than economic drivers that made the cities cope with their own circumstnaces. The policies of learning cities in East Asian region have been shaped to meet the challenge of increasing instability. The metaphors of the “knowledge society” and personal competency development , major icons of learning city policies in Europe have been less obvious than the issues of social inclusion and community rebuilding.

3) East Asian learning cities are built based upon a “community relations model” which focuses on more activities to heal and stabilize social issues and foster cultural unity. The Japanese “KOMINKAN” in this respect, can be considered a core learning city programme; the Chinese “SHEQU EDUCATION” contributes to the empowerment of the autonomy of community groups, and the Korean lifelong learning centres help local government build social capital among residents.

4) Major educational program provision is mostly non-vocational, such as liberal arts, and cultural learning. Culture and art education with liberal learning has proven to be the most popular programmes. The autonomous self and community identity were the key learning outcomes in this vein.

In Sum, the CONFUCIAN tradition, in this sense, can be reconsidered as linking the modern experience to the historical heritage. In the CONFUCIAN tradition , learning has been especially defined as a main social device for weaving the social texture and life of the people. Learning by its nature was not solely for individuals who learn, but was also seen to reside in the nature of the social modes and relationships that learning creates.

Reference:

Han, S. l., & Makino, A. m. (2013). Learning cities in East Asia: Japan, the Republic of Korea and China. International Review Of Education / Internationale Zeitschrift Für Erziehungswissenschaft, 59(4), 443-468.

I believe you give the Japanese more credit than they deserve, and give too little to your own people.

View attachment 221154

View attachment 221155

Reference:

What was the point of your post I quoted you on? Are we now arguing about the validity of iq with respect to genetics?
My purpose of that post was only to show that your source was updated.

That shall depends on what car you driving, a beast-like lanborghini or suzuki 0-0

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom