What's new

Asia ranks top in international education rankings, comparing standards in maths and science

Shanghai has the best education resources, of course Shanghai scores high, I'm hoping other provinces to take this test as well since their education gap is really getting close to developed regions of China. I remember the British has imported math teachers and books from Shanghai.

Thanks, I am quite satisfied with education resources here in Shanghai, from teachers, teaching materials to big campuses & comprehensive facilities.

However in terms of schooling results, Shanghai is only mediocre comparing to other provinces/municipalities. Take the 2014 National High School Graduation Examination or "Gaokao" results (2014高考,一批录取线) as an example, Shanghai only ranks in the middle.

Untitled.png

In general, students from Shandong, Hebei, Sichuan and Hunan have persistently outperformed other provinces. Also note that any one of these provinces have few times more population than Shanghai (say Shandong, Sichuan, each has ~90 million). Shanghai might have outperformed other countries in international tests, however Shanghai is only average within China.

@Yizhi your hometown Jilin has superb performance, congrats!

Last edited:
Thanks, I am quite satisfied with education resources here in Shanghai, from teachers, teaching materials to big campuses & comprehensive facilities.

However in terms of schooling results, Shanghai is only mediocre comparing to other provinces/municipalities. Take the 2014 National High School Graduation Examination or "Gaokao" results (2014高考,一批录取线) as an example, Shanghai only ranks in the middle.

View attachment 221417

In general, students from Shandong, Hebei, Sichuan and Hunan have persistently outperformed other provinces. Also note that any one of these provinces have few times more population than Shanghai (say Shandong, Sichuan, each has ~90 million). Shanghai might have outperformed other countries in international tests, however Shanghai is only average within China.

View attachment 221417

Yes, in Guangdong we admire those who study in Hunan and Jiangsu. We consider their physics and math difficulty are hell degree. Nevertheless our educational flexibility and internationalization are strikingly superior than the province I mentioned, they are too radical to cope on exam.

You mentioned Hunan province, it seems that I am honored, but its a pity thing especially in my age. The good university have a higher score for recruit students. And at that time Huanggang, Hubei do better both in education and students' performance.

still wrong, the most science or tech in west are contributed by jews ,not whites

The Jews you speak of, are native central and east Europeans. No negros or mongoloids there as far as i can tell.
----------------------------------------------------

As for the topic, Asian system encourages automatons, who are undoubtedly needed, but the drawback of this is, lots and lots of scholars with basic and advanced skills but generally clueless how to monetize them.
The system you have disencourages risks, creativity, being a visionary. That's what we have and you by default can maybe(?) never have because if you do, you will have to redesign the system whose only purpose is to produce automatons. And when you do that, you will no longer be the best number crunchers.

in any case, congratz for the good scores! :raise:

#edit: a better articulated text, but essentially what i'm saying, it focuses on China, but is probably the same throughout east Asia.

China has a major issue with its educational system - Business Insider

Last edited:

View attachment 221417

Good that you studied in Shanghai, very good experience.

There are historical reasons, Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Shanghai has always been the only region that produced most of the Scholars(进士) during Ming and Qing, people there are the most educated, the family heritage is mainly about the knowledge, people feel proud that when their family produced Scholars, but never because of wealth made by doing business. The whole atmosphere is pro-education. Now it's still the same. Look at this:

The top 10 hometown cities of academician of Chinese Academy of Science:

1 江苏省苏州市67人 (Suzhou, Jiangsu, 67 people)
2 浙江省宁波市56人 (Ningbo, Zhejiang, 56)
3 福建省福州市51人 (Fuzhou, Fujian, 51)
4 上海市 45人 (Shanghai, 45)
5 江苏省常州市41人 (Changzhou, Jiangsu, 41)
6 江苏省无锡市40人 (Wuxi, Jiangsu, 40)
7 浙江省绍兴市36人(含因经济原因除名1人) (Shaoxing, Zhejiang, 36)
8 浙江省杭州市31人(含因政治原因除名1人) (Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 31)
9 浙江省嘉兴市23人 (Jiaxing, Zhejiang, 23)
10江苏省南京市22人 (Nanjing, Jiangsu)

All these cities coming from the same region, the most developed region in China.

Gaokao scores doesn't mean too much I think. 各省市用的不是一套卷子,无论从教学大纲,难易程度,考生数量来说,差异很大。

You
The Jews you speak of, are native central and east Europeans. No negros or mongoloids there as far as i can tell.

As for the topic, Asian system encourages automatons, who are undoubtedly needed, but the drawback of this is, lots and lots of scholars with basic and advanced skills but generally clueless how to monetize them.
The system you have disencourages risks, creativity, being a visionary. That's what we have and you by default can maybe(?) never have because if you do, you will have to redesign the system whose only purpose is to produce automatons. And when you do that, you will no longer be the best number crunchers.

#edit: a better articulated text, but essentially what i'm saying, it focuses on China, but is probably the same throughout east Asia.

China has a major issue with its educational system - Business Insider[/QUOT

China has a major issue with its educational system - Business Insider
I think your perspective is out of date and a little bit radical. You can't call those students automaton( I am one according to your opinion) CHINESE elemental education's flexibility is far larger than before especially in prosperous province. Like me in Guangdong( Largest GDP producer of PRC) We know how to count linear algebra and have a good command on momentum conservation. But additionally I design UAV, write comment of defence to newspaper, established a non profit society of Birdwatching and joined a forum of China-Us famous highschool, my actual age is only 17. And I am not in international school, instead in public Highschool, that's you called automaton beltline.

Last edited:
I think your perspective is out of date and a little bit radical. You can't call those students automaton( I am one according to your opinion) CHINESE elemental education's flexibility is far larger than before especially in prosperous province. Like me in Guangdong( Largest GDP producer of PRC) We know how to count linear algebra and have a good command on momentum conservation. But additionally I design UAV, write comment of defence to newspaper, established a non profit society of Birdwatching and joined a forum of China-Us famous highschool, my actual age is only 17. And I am not in international school, instead in public Highschool, that's you called automaton beltline.

My perspective is as out of date as the professor's in the article i linked. So, it probably isn't. A professor would also have a better command of giving the general state of the education system than you.

As for you and your extracurriculum activities, good for you, there's nothing else to say, although at 17, those comments for defence newspaper are probably very simple. No offense, but you're 17.

My perspective is as out of date as the professor's in the article i linked. So, it probably isn't. A professor would also have a better command of giving the general state of the education system than you.

As for you and your extracurriculum activities, good for you, there's nothing else to say, although at 17, those comments for defence newspaper are probably very simple. No offense, but you're 17.
Alright, what does the student of Swiss do in 17? I need to point out that compare with my contemporaries I am still too normal, you are right, nothing else to say... only one article have been published on that newspaper( not some naive newspaper like" pioneer student" or " school weekly") ---National defence--- ran by state commission of science technology for national defense industry, about export of stealth aircraft J-31, that article I wrote

Alright, what does the student of Swiss do in 17?

I actually wouldn't know what a Swiss student does at 17, as i went to elementary school in 3 different countries, dad's work and all and we followed.
I would say at 17, and this is on basis of my reading, a select few go on to various robotics, IT competitions and generally score pretty good. Most at 17 are interested in girls.

I need to point out that compare with my contemporaries I am still too normal, you are right, nothing else to say

I wouldn't say you're normal....but in a good sense, as i doubt many 17 year old's can pin to their resume (CV) a creation of an UAV (assuming you really did it and it works).

... only one article have been published on that newspaper( not some naive newspaper like" pioneer student" or " school weekly") ---National defence--- ran by state commission of science technology for national defense industry, about export of stealth aircraft J-31, that article I wrote

Impressive. Any links to it or a quick synopsis for me to read?

I actually wouldn't know what a Swiss student does at 17, as i went to elementary school in 3 different countries, dad's work and all and we followed.
I would say at 17, and this is on basis of my reading, a select few go on to various robotics, IT competitions and generally score pretty good. Most at 17 are interested in girls.

I wouldn't say you're normal....but in a good sense, as i doubt many 17 year old's can pin to their resume (CV) a creation of an UAV (assuming you really did it and it works).

HaHa my fellow friend:), we love girls, that is our resemblance, unfortunately I am still a bachelor( both ) although I consider myself a handsome guy with full of lure...hey why not teach me how to chase hot girls:) :)

Too be modest actually I exaggerate a fraction... I subscribed DJI( that famous UAV company) forum and bought some components, after dismantled one DJI phantom UAV I crudely got its configuration clear than I spend 1 month assembled one UAV, fortunately it flies well! That article ? I can paste you any time but in CHINESE...

Too be modest actually I exaggerate a fraction... I subscribed DJI( that famous UAV company) forum and bought some components, after dismantled one DJI phantom UAV I crudely got its configuration clear than I spend 1 month assembled one UAV, fortunately it flies well! That article ? I can paste you any time but in CHINESE...

I appreciate the honesty. And frankly, what you do is still more productive than what majority of other 17 year olds are doing. So, keep up the good work.

I appreciate the honesty. And frankly, what you do is still more productive than what majority of other 17 year olds are doing. So, keep up the good work.
I sincerely thank you for your prompting sir. I hope to visit you in Slovenia if possible:),I am in Dutch

Back
Top Bottom