What's new

Asia Cup 2008

Alrighty any predictions for today's match? I think its 51 : 49 in favor of Pakistan as they are pushed to the walls and they will fight for survival and prestige.

Goodperson,

I agree. They will fight. They fought in the Sri Lanka's game too. BUT! It is a depleted team and it is beyond them.

80-20 in Pakistan's favor.

80-20? i dont think so. i'll giv it 50-50. Pak is under a lot of pressure, riding on two previous defeats. Indians on the other hand are exhausted from months of non-stop cricket, and our bowling is getting weaker by the day.

We need to just fire today and take all chances. I don’t think so that Pakistan will be under pressure coz we have nothing to loose.

I have seen in today’s newspaper that Pakistan will try new players today, What a time to test them we could have tested them against BD and Zimbabwe.

We need to just fire today and take all chances. I don’t think so that Pakistan will be under pressure coz we have nothing to loose.

I have seen in today’s newspaper that Pakistan will try new players today, What a time to test them we could have tested them against BD and Zimbabwe.

If Pakistan wins today, what are their chances of reaching the finals, considering that they've lost 2 matches already.

Salman,

We need to try Nasir Jamshed.

But lets see what happens.

If Pakistan wins today, what are their chances of reaching the finals, considering that they've lost 2 matches already.

To answer my own question here is a quote from cricinfo:
For Pakistan, this is not so much do-or-die as do-or-don't be around. The equation is now simple: beat India, hope Sri Lanka beat India, beat Bangladesh, all the while with an eye on a better net run-rate.

The only chance is that we have to beat India today with a considerable margin and have to beat BD as well with a big margin also if Srilanka wins against India only than Pakistan can qualify.

Lots of conditions to fulfill and not all of them are in our hands!

On the contrary, there's everything to lose. The whole of pakistan is banking on the team winning today. Pakistan is not out yet. They still have a chance. If they dont do their best to seize that chance, the public will not forgive them that easily.

Indians also have a lot to lose. if india gets kicked out before the final, there will be 1.1 billion angry fans to answer to.

Back
Top Bottom