What's new

Are Indians willing let Hindi be imposed relegating their own vernaculars?

Are Indians willing let Hindi be imposed relegating their own vernacular?

• Total voters
No one can tamper the Census of India report. I find it mildly funny that Pakistanis would doubt the authenticity. Because it happens in your country does not mean that you view other countries and their Institutions with your cultural lenses.

In any case, you are free to doubt Census of India, it makes no difference.

With all due respect, how hard is it to tamper this census? Just like I said earlier some things don't add up unless mllions upon millions of non-native speakers became native-speakers overnight.
Did millions of Central, East and South Indians start speaking Hindi as first language overnight? Just check the relevant populations of provinces such as UP and others that speak Hindi and the 40+% figure doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
Either way it's a cyclical argument so.

Not every place is like Pakistan :lol: Tamper elections, tamper economic data,now tamper census also :lol:

You're talking about tampering census. You guys tamper all of your history. That India had nukes thousands of years ago ROFLMAO:lol:

This is one reason I can't believe this non-sense about 40+% being Hindi speakers unless UP-ite and related folk have really started breeding at an uncontrollable rate :woot::rolleyes:

Hindi is simply an Indian official working language that makes communication between states easier as an alternate to foreign language aka ENGLISH.

If the state wanted to impose, it could have done during Nehru's era.

But things don't work like that in our country.

Learning Hindi, simply makes it easier to talk to each other and creates an alternate to using a colonial language that has nothing to do with our land and different states.

Example: a villager from Gujarat and a villager from Arunachal can interact with each other even with basic Hindi; something neither possible nor wanted from English.

becoz hindi n urdu r similar not same...
even i have grt difficulty understnding Pakistanis when they speak urdu,,,,:p:
but i am a decent hindi speaker

i dont watch bollywood or have experience watching bollywood flicks but my understanding is that many indian films of today - the actors/actresses are speaking in very Urdu-ized hindi. The indians - not the Pakistanis who sometimes are part of the cast in some of them.

Hindi is simply an Indian official working language that makes communication between states easier as an alternate to foreign language aka ENGLISH.

If the state wanted to impose, it could have done during Nehru's era.

But things don't work like that in our country.

Learning Hindi, simply makes it easier to talk to each other and creates an alternate to using a colonial language that has nothing to do with our land and different states.

Example: a villager from Gujarat and a villager from Arunachal can interact with each other even with basic Hindi; something neither possible nor wanted from English.

its the same with Urdu in Pakistan, though in Pakistan Urdu is the national language..

"official" language is English - though for many common man that matters not a damn

You're talking about tampering census. You guys tamper all of your history. That India had nukes thousands of years ago ROFLMAO:lol:
Again stop...we are not Pakistan.

I heard your history starts with Bin quasim, :lol: And there is no mention of IVC or any Hindu civilization :lol:

Oh look at your physics text books:lol:

B3Wuc4hCQAEm8UD.jpg

:D

This is one reason I can't believe this non-sense about 40+% being Hindi speakers unless UP-ite and related folk have really started breeding at an uncontrollable rate :woot::rolleyes:

It is not just UP but UP + Bihar + Rajasthan + Haryana + Himanchal + Uttranchal + Madhya Pradesh + Chattisgarh + Jharkhand where Hindi is first language. It is 41.25% of India by Area and 43.46% by population.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duffer, It is not just UP but UP + Bihar + Rajasthan + Haryana + Himanchal + Uttranchal + Madhya Pradesh + Chattisgarh + Jharkhand where Hindi is first language. It is 41.25% of India by Area and 43.46% by population.

Understood, or should i try to translate in "loser".

As I said UP and related areas . Read my post. And how about you practice some civility . Did you see me use these words like 'duffer' and 'loser' .
And Haryana folk speak haryanvi and rajasthanis speak rajasthani etc. etc. Biharis speak Bihari language.

So you guys ARE tampering with the census . Thanks for proving my point. You have changed the very definition of 'Hindi' ROFLMAO.

What was I expecting though? You had nukes afterall thousands of years ago :lol::lol:

Good day to you.

Also there is no such thing as India. This survey will indicate how successful the national identity has been inculcated.

Being an Indian has nothing to do with Hindi. If you do not know the country, better to learn than pass mother hood statements.

Every educated Indian learns three languages ...
1. His mother tongue(Punjabi, Haryanvi, Rajasthani, Gujrati....and so on.)
2. National Language(Hindi)
3. English(Global Business language)

So I don't get this debate over imposition of any language..... this is a stupid debate.
India follows three language formula. English + Hindi + Regional language at school. For Hindi speaking states, it is Hindi + English + Sanskrit/German.

In Bengal it is Bengali+English and 2 years of Sanskrit, we don't need to learn Hindi seperately because of its similarities with Bengali, and we can also read it because we know the Sanskrit alphabets which is same as Hindi alphabets, we barely need to write in Hindi. I think this more or less apllies to all northern, eastern, western and north-eastern states, only four south Indian languages are different even though they also have their roots in Sanskrit.

In fact I would suggest that all parts of India barring south India should have a south Indian language as third language along with the local language and English, Hindi comes naturally in these parts because of the similarities with the other local languages in these parts, and also for Hindi media/films, seperately learning it is overkill. South India is prosperous and their languages are rich in literary value, we will be enriched by learning any of those languages, it will also reduce the language barrier between the two parts.

Similarly south Indians can also learn any of the non-south Indian languages as third language, it need not be Hindi only, someone might choose Marathi for the financial capital status of Mumbai where he/she wants to move, someone might be interested in literature and might want to learn Bengali for its high literary value, it should not be an imposition of a specific third language but free choice.

And third language should be avoided in board exams, our students already have too much load on them. I think it can be a main subject from class 3 to class 8, after that it can be optional.

What do you think? @scorpionx @Bang Galore @SarthakGanguly @nair

Last edited:
very very few indians actually understand hindi
wow!!!
any source to prove that??
I've been around India and realized that more ppl in India understand hindi than any other language.
Let me correct it for you... "very very few indians actually dont understand hindi".

dont tell me....tell one of your countrymen here who claimed it was

We do not have a national language, we have 22 official languages, out of that, 2 languages, Hindi and English are the official languages of the Union government, state governments have their regional language and English as their state official languages, and we are doing just fine with such an arrangement. Hope that clears all doubt. :)

wow!!!
any source to prove that??
I've been around India and realized that more ppl in India understand hindi than any other language.
Let me correct it for you... "very very few indians actually dont understand hindi".

30% of your countrymen speak hindi, according to indian sources (and even some of your people here)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom