What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Wallahi it's beyond criminal what the Israelis are doing to all the Palestinian homes and farms and cutting down their olive trees and bulldozing their homes with this annexation process that they got the green light for from this idiot POS orange baboon of a clueless president we have here in this country who only thinks by doing that, he gets the Jewish contingency and easier path to getting reelected. Not to mention that he hates Muslims of any kind, including American Muslims that no good for nothing load of crap. Shame and there is no one that can really stop what is happening unless they declare all out war on Israel. That's the only way the international community will stand up and get involved and who wants to do that?

You hit the nail on the head Basha, Palestinians in West Bank are defenseless and either way it requires a regional effort of some sort which at the moment no one can afford nor is there interest for that. That may change later though when the right circumstances are present.

That's beautiful. Making the best of what is available and nothing wrong with that at all.

Yeah, I came across it recently I remember Al-Hasani wanted me to include some pictures of Palestine. Swimming in pools is more common now because the sea is dirty and you could get quite sick from swimming in it.

Sorry I thought it was Fig at first but then I had to edit the post and erase the picture and correct myself lol. I thought it was Fig but you're saying it's something else? Interesting, maybe someone else knows what it is? Now I'm curious too!

Lol, yeah, I was just about to tell you it's slightly different than a fig but notice you edited the post. :D

It's actually more jelloey inside kind of like a graph but is very sweet and soft. It's planted near Khan Yunis/Rafah areas of Gaza and we went to visit a friend of a relative and he grows them so we just picked some off from his tree.

Oh you have to try koshari, bro. You can probably find it in several of the Arabic restaurants in Michigan, but probably much better to try the real stuff when you get back. It's truly delicious because it's an odd mixture of different foods that make a perfect blend when put together. But the red sauce has to be done a certain way to get that special flavor along with the caramelized onions to be officially a koshari dish.

Oh for sure, the street food style is the one I want to try in Egypt. I probably will be there next year and defintely make a stop for some.

I know what you mean about Phillip the Arab and The Camel Guy. Phillip is really great (and so is Camel or course) but he challenged Agnostic Muslim who has a PDF Veteran status and I don't think Phillip knew that he had moderator status. But I agree, I think the banning was a bit harsh and not necessary, especially when it comes on the heels of this crazy turk vs Egyptian battles that are going on in rampant fashion around here. We all know the curators of this forum's allegiance to the turkish side gives those of us the worst for ware. But it is what it is and I try not to spend too much time here lately. The hate and anti-Egyptian sentiments is at the worst level I've ever seen it since signing on. So screw it. Just come to see the latest and move on.

Yeah, I feel like that mod is sometimes too harsh on them. Don't know if they know Philip is a young kid still and should cut him some slack. He has interesting threads about military tech too. Camel guy is friends with everyone and usually trolls in friendly way so I'm surprised why he gets banned.

As for the Turkish/Egyptian thing, people on forum don't have good impression of Muslim nations that don't have aggressive foreign policy nor assert themselves as regional leaders. This is not good as it causes too much negativity in forum and people take things too seriously. Based off my impression of Egypt , Egyptian people don't like to interfere in others affairs, rather solidify relationships with stable allies. Egypt is more so a defensive nation that doesn't take unnecessary risks like Algeria in a way. Does not mean they aren't strong nations, they both are, but they do not like having aggressive foreign policy. In a way I like that, as you know what to expect from them and they are consistent in their behavior.

Forum audience, however, look at leadership and their ramblings and take it at face value. They think Egypt is Al-Sisi when Egypt is bigger than that and Egyptian establishment(military and political) have long term interests with or without Sisi. Erdogan himself wants to be a populist leader it appears, I respect some of his positions and he does stand true to his words in some cases but some positions I disagree with too. Although I'm not too into the populist thing anymore, as it breeds dogmatic movements who then become blind to their own double standards. Just like the Iranian one too. It's like a toxic way to assume soft power but I would say Erdogan populisim is much less toxic than Iranian one at least.

If someone wants to do populism they need to take nationalism out of it. Because each decision benefits the interest of one state majority of time and I don't see why religion need to be dragged into it. That's what frustrates me. Leave religion aside unless you are actually sincerely religious populist and that requires much more challenging form of populism and effort. It requires you to win hearts and minds which isn't what is happening in the ME region today.

Oh yeah, between the two of those, there are some amazing hidden beauties and treasures. The entire Mediterranean coast from Port Said all the way to the Straight of Gibraltar is unreal with it's snow-white beach sands and turquoise waters.

If you take Egypt's north coast, for example, you have the famous city of Alexandria and then go further west, you run into the great and historical city of El Alamein where of course, Rommel lost to Montgomery in WWII and unfortunately they're still having a tough time clearing all the mines the Germans left all over the place but they've closed off most dangerous areas until they finish clearing them but this is what those sands and water look like.

4855333707_c967fb6aee_b.jpg

beauty-of-egypt-mediterranean-coast-19-728.jpg

Now they're building a gigantic city with huge hotels and parks and really turning it into a touristic destination which is good in a way, but for us who've been there many times and seen it without the development got a taste of that solitude and extreme beauty of nature.

Then you go a little further west until you run into the incredible city of Marsa Matruh where part of that (even further west) where you need to cross and canal by boat or swim which is what we always did and do and if you have a fear of sharks, it will put you in a frazzle loool because the water is eternally blue and you can see to great depths without a mask and see the silhouettes of rather large marine creatures lol. But once you come up to the other side of the canal, it's about a half mile walk to "Hammamaat Cleopatra" or "Cleopatra's bathing room" which consists of a natural rock right at the edge of the water and beach, about 40ft tall and the same diameter and it has a lagoon or jacuzzi inside the rock in the middle and two doorways where water comes into the rock and fills the jacuzzi from one door and exits through the other with the waves.

The story goes that this was one of Cleopatra's favorite retreats and she would bathe in that rock by going into the natural jacuzzi in the middle of the rock. Back in the day it was known just enough to keep it not too crowded, but now it's a huge touristic destination, to go see Hammamaat Cleopatra! :-)

f1058da82f34edff03227288d12d74d8.jpg

%D8%AD%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%83%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%88%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%A7.png

Water comes in one side and fills the bath tub...

3859075.jpg

241007.jpg

Cleopatra_bath_is_located_above_the_hills%2C_which_is_a_rock_in_the_sea_just_50_meters_from_the_Cleopatra%E2%80%99s_beach.JPG

She had a few of these all over Egypt.

dsc_8144_med_cleopatra_baths.jpg

That whole coastal area of Marsa Matruh is just spectacular. A little bit around the corner from Cleopatra's baths is this lagoon beach that gets pretty crowded quickly.

0_830d4_428c5e34_XL.jpeg

no2.jpg

This is some incredible stuff man, I never been to Alexandria even though I've been to Egypt like 5-7 times in my life so far. I have to go the next time as I heard it is beautiful, my siblings went there and they were really amazed at the scenery there. Also they said the food there is really good.

The ancient Egyptians did some incredible stuff too, I'm still intrigued by their history and their civilization. At least we have some Assassains Creed video games to enjoy virtual exploration of ancient Egypt and Cleopatria, haha. Really loved the Origins title, made me feel like I actually lived and had a life there. If that is what the ancient world looked like I gotta say I prefer it to what we have today which feels too artificial.

I didn't even know you posted an answer here ya ma3alem, sorry or I would've replied earlier. Anyway, Eid Sa3eed ya Basha. I was checking out some of the pics of the Hajj this season and the social distancing rules Saudiya applied are outstanding. Never mind that many couldn't go and only a tiny percentage of people got to go this year because of the virus, but they did the right thing limiting the amount of people of course and maintaining distance etc. Really well done, Saudiya.

It's actually more jelloey inside kind of like a graph but is very sweet and soft. It's planted near Khan Yunis/Rafah areas of Gaza and we went to visit a friend of a relative and he grows them so we just picked some off from his tree.

Yeah I was faked at first and shame on me I didn't read your entire post and just saw you asking about it and missed the part where you said "it's not fig" looool. I've never seen it or maybe I have and just don't remember. I was back in the old neighborhood last year or about a year and a half ago and before that it had been a while, so hard to remember all the stuff we ate and did since we try to cram a lot in a couple of weeks. And most of what I prefer to do is tour all the destinations in Sinai for all the underwater beauties. So we're not really exposed to the pure, local ingredients and flavors except for our short time back in Cairo to visit the whole gang OMG what an affair that is lmao. :lol: I'm sure you deal with the same thing!

I didn't even know you posted an answer here ya ma3alem, sorry or I would've replied earlier. Anyway, Eid Sa3eed ya Basha. I was checking out some of the pics of the Hajj this season and the social distancing rules Saudiya applied are outstanding. Never mind that many couldn't go and only a tiny percentage of people got to go this year because of the virus, but they did the right thing limiting the amount of people of course and maintaining distance etc. Really well done, Saudiya.

Yeah I was faked at first and shame on me I didn't read your entire post and just saw you asking about it and missed the part where you said "it's not fig" looool. I've never seen it or maybe I have and just don't remember. I was back in the old neighborhood last year or about a year and a half ago and before that it had been a while, so hard to remember all the stuff we ate and did since we try to cram a lot in a couple of weeks. And most of what I prefer to do is tour all the destinations in Sinai for all the underwater beauties. So we're not really exposed to the pure, local ingredients and flavors except for our short time back in Cairo to visit the whole gang OMG what an affair that is lmao. :lol: I'm sure you deal with the same thing!

Haha no worries m3lm, Eid s3eed to you as well. I agree with you Saudi Arabia is doing a good job of handling Hajj even in non-covid seasons. It's a difficult task to please everyone and make all that space. They also require people to get some vaccines before approving their visa if I remember correctly.

Lol, yeah, it is an intriguing fruit, and forsure when you visit the family you gonna try a lot of local and homestyle foods.

Al-Hasani was right to leave the forum, nothing left here for Arabs.

To be honest I see this forum as an international one and more so and international Muslim one. So I don't see need to divide everyone or segregate ourselves based off ethnicity on the forum.

That being said, if Arab users here want more respect and want to push a narrative here with more success then they simply need to participate and be more active. There's no reason why we don't have more Arab members here besides laziness, lack of interest , and lack of enthusiasm.

So if Arab users here want their own narrative in sections mostly populated by non-Arabs then they simply need to join the forum and participate. If only a few are active in ME section then not much will be shared about Arab world nor will anyone understand what the political stances of Arab nations are. Or the political realities and so on.

So we are to blame for that. Our people in real life consider stuff like this as a waste of time and energy. Meanwhile all other groups are representing themselves on English language platforms. And they struggling for their interests in real life too. While we are more stagnant.

Btw I am in no way referencing Al Hasani, I love that guy and I know how hard it is for him as a Saudi on this forum. He cannot counter all that propaganda on his own and would rather enjoy his personal life instead which I don't blame him for.

I'm saying we need many more members to ease burden off of each other.

s for the Turkish/Egyptian thing, people on forum don't have good impression of Muslim nations that don't have aggressive foreign policy nor assert themselves as regional leaders. This is not good as it causes too much negativity in forum and people take things too seriously. Based off my impression of Egypt , Egyptian people don't like to interfere in others affairs, rather solidify relationships with stable allies. Egypt is more so a defensive nation that doesn't take unnecessary risks like Algeria in a way. Does not mean they aren't strong nations, they both are, but they do not like having aggressive foreign policy. In a way I like that, as you know what to expect from them and they are consistent in their behavior.

Forum audience, however, look at leadership and their ramblings and take it at face value. They think Egypt is Al-Sisi when Egypt is bigger than that and Egyptian establishment(military and political) have long term interests with or without Sisi. Erdogan himself wants to be a populist leader it appears, I respect some of his positions and he does stand true to his words in some cases but some positions I disagree with too. Although I'm not too into the populist thing anymore, as it breeds dogmatic movements who then become blind to their own double standards. Just like the Iranian one too. It's like a toxic way to assume soft power but I would say Erdogan populisim is much less toxic than Iranian one at least.

If someone wants to do populism they need to take nationalism out of it. Because each decision benefits the interest of one state majority of time and I don't see why religion need to be dragged into it. That's what frustrates me. Leave religion aside unless you are actually sincerely religious populist and that requires much more challenging form of populism and effort. It requires you to win hearts and minds which isn't what is happening in the ME region today.

I think that many Arabs here left mostly antagonize Pakistanis for no reason, or are unfair to Turkey, which brings out strong sentiments among Pakistanis of all backgrounds.

If someone is posting here, then they need to cater to the consensus on the forum and keep sensibilities of Pakistanis in mind.

Unfortunately Egyptian military has been mostly pro-Indian throughout history and dictators have been antagonistic towards Pakistan, not to mention with the recent negative actions of UAE, KSA, etc.

I don't think relations will improve anytime soon.

To be honest I see this forum as an international one and more so and international Muslim one. So I don't see need to divide everyone or segregate ourselves based off ethnicity on the forum.

That being said, if Arab users here want more respect and want to push a narrative here with more success then they simply need to participate and be more active. There's no reason why we don't have more Arab members here besides laziness, lack of interest , and lack of enthusiasm.

So if Arab users here want their own narrative in sections mostly populated by non-Arabs then they simply need to join the forum and participate. If only a few are active in ME section then not much will be shared about Arab world nor will anyone understand what the political stances of Arab nations are. Or the political realities and so on.

So we are to blame for that. Our people in real life consider stuff like this as a waste of time and energy. Meanwhile all other groups are representing themselves on English language platforms. And they struggling for their interests in real life too. While we are more stagnant.

Btw I am in no way referencing Al Hasani, I love that guy and I know how hard it is for him as a Saudi on this forum. He cannot counter all that propaganda on his own and would rather enjoy his personal life instead which I don't blame him for.

I'm saying we need many more members to ease burden off of each other.

I wish we can get more diverse views from Arabs and not just some Arabist or regime (Egypt/Iraq) supporters.

I think that many Arabs here left mostly antagonize Pakistanis for no reason, or are unfair to Turkey, which brings out strong sentiments among Pakistanis of all backgrounds.

If someone is posting here, then they need to cater to the consensus on the forum and keep sensibilities of Pakistanis in mind.

Unfortunately Egyptian military has been mostly pro-Indian throughout history and dictators have been antagonistic towards Pakistan, not to mention with the recent negative actions of UAE, KSA, etc.

I don't think relations will improve anytime soon.

I wish we can get more diverse views from Arabs and not just some Arabist or regime (Egypt/Iraq) supporters.

What kind of views are you looking for

The only true Arab is the Arab that wants to Arabize the neighbors.

@Falcon29

Look like Palestinian basketball team is quite good. There is chance in FIBA Asia Cup that Palestine can play against Indonesia in the second round of the competition. It will be interesting to watch....

@Falcon29

Look like Palestinian basketball team is quite good. There is chance in FIBA Asia Cup that Palestine can play against Indonesia in the second round of the competition. It will be interesting to watch....

Thanks for bringing this to my attention brother, I had no idea we had a basketball team I knew about the soccer time that's really surprising since basketball isn't really a strong suit for Palestinians but obviously not for this club, lol.

Their next game is tomorrow against Jordan, that will be an interesting game to watch I may try to catch it.

Anyway how is everything with you ? How is it in Indonesia? Seems like a place with nice weather and fun environment I wish to visit around 2022/2023 if God wills.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention brother, I had no idea we had a basketball team I knew about the soccer time that's really surprising since basketball isn't really a strong suit for Palestinians but obviously not for this club, lol.

Their next game is tomorrow against Jordan, that will be an interesting game to watch I may try to catch it.

Anyway how is everything with you ? How is it in Indonesia? Seems like a place with nice weather and fun environment I wish to visit around 2022/2023 if God wills.

Your welcome,

Yup, I think you need to subscribe to FIBA official Youtube channel, hours after the game is played there will be the full game video in the channel, some time there will be live streaming.

I am still fine, alhamduliilah. We try to live under this pandemic. Unnecessary meeting needs to be curbed. I think Indonesia is pretty much like USA because we are also struggling with this pandemic. Jakarta has another semi lock down once again now.

Lombok island is a good place for vacation. Unlike Bali, it is a Muslim majority region which is more beautiful and less crowded than Bali. Starting in 2021 there will be Moto GP event also in Lombok, the exact location is in Mandalika resort, just near a beautiful beach.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Song for the broken heart :cray:

@Gomig-21

Check this Kuwait rocket program. Maybe once this advances it can get funding and become pan Arab launch vehicle. It can also cater to African market if succesful.

Kuwait’s Space Rocket
The Kuwait Space Rocket ( KSR ) is a suborbital launch vehicle to be developed and launched in Kuwait. The project will be the first step towards starting a space industry in the country and a launch service provider in the GCC region.

In a time period of two years we aim to test and successfully launch KSR up to 100 km in the atmosphere, This launch will be a historical first for the GCC. Our plan is to develop KSR to be a suborbital research platform, and then afterwards use it as a stepping stone to develop a smallsat launch provider.

Your welcome,

Yup, I think you need to subscribe to FIBA official Youtube channel, hours after the game is played there will be the full game video in the channel, some time there will be live streaming.

I am still fine, alhamduliilah. We try to live under this pandemic. Unnecessary meeting needs to be curbed. I think Indonesia is pretty much like USA because we are also struggling with this pandemic. Jakarta has another semi lock down once again now.

Lombok island is a good place for vacation. Unlike Bali, it is a Muslim majority region which is more beautiful and less crowded than Bali. Starting in 2021 there will be Moto GP event also in Lombok, the exact location is in Mandalika resort, just near a beautiful beach.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Song for the broken heart :cray:

Alhamdillah brother, good to hear, here in the US it seems we found a good balance now but there are limits we can't cross still and they're slowing trying to reintroduce some activities.

Haha, that is an Iraqi or Khaleeji artist, did your heart broken by a girl recently? :D

You know since I was a kid I never cared about love, feel like relationships are too overdone I won't be able to handle a girl who takes relationship so seriously. I believe in love but also believe in not overdoing it. For me it's more about friendship, supporting each other and making family. I'm sure you think this way too based on what I know about you. :)

Back
Top Bottom