What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

This is interesting! Yes, I have seen this in Azerbaijanis too although I am less familiar with you guys.:) To me Azerbaijani people are more exotic and diverse in terms of looks than nearby Armenians and Georgians.
Yes, That's true. Armenians generally look Middle Eastern to me, and less diverse. In some extent, they look similar to kurds for me, which makes sense, since most Armenians are not caucasians and have immigrated to caucasus from east Turkey, during ethnic tensions between muslims and Armenians during WW1. After all, they are genetically 2/3 Iranic and 1/3 Caucasian, and other mixes as some of their scholars say. Georgians are also mixed, but I think less than us. Georgian women are beautiful but obnoxious in some extent. Their men are really good, friendly and cultured people. Dagestan is probably the most diverse place on the earth as some people say. its population is less than 3 million but they are consisted of over 20 major,(even maybe 100 or so in total) of different ethnic groups. It's one of the most beautiful places. IMO, other North caucasians like Chechens, Circassians, ... are less diverse than Dagestanis. Chechens and Circassians have really beautiful girls, though. ;) some of the most beautiful ones in all muslim people, and good if you look for some beautiful muslim wife ;)
I suggest you to see Caucasus some time in future. Caucasus has an astonishing nature as well. Well, one of my future plans is working and earn money in USA, then go to caucasus for the retired age, and buy some farm and land.

I think that Azerbaijanis have a wealthy mixture of indigenous Caucasian genes, ME influences and Mongoloid/Turkic influences. With Tatars it is similar but without the Caucasian component. I believe that it is replaced with the Slavic one instead when it comes to Tatars of Tatarstan. This is also natural due to the region they inhabit.
:tup:
This is very correct. Lowland regions were always more prone to influences from the outside. This is the same guess in the Arab world. A good example is Iraq and Najd for instance (although Iraq more so because Najd was a more difficult region to inhabit due to the mountainous regions, desert, steppes, valleys - not that Iraq does not have those but just not in the same amount) where people really come in many different looks. It is very interesting. While in the more mountainous regions of the Arabian Peninsula the variety in looks seem to be somewhat smaller. Hijaz is here excluded due to having been an area of trade, pilgrimage for thousands of years, even way before Islam, and due to its proximity to Levant, Egypt, Yemen, Sudan and further away Iraq, the Eastern Mediterranean and Horn of Africa.
LOL, that is good!

Indeed she is. I think that she has stated herself that this look has helped her model career greatly and something about being confused for an Latin women sometimes.

Yes, indeed. But actually she has a somewhat typical look (facial features) of Levant and Hijaz. It is hard to describe. Here I am talking about those of "purely" Arab origins as Hijaz is one of the most diverse places in the Muslim world. It is home alone to 200.000 people of Turkish ancestry.;)
wow 200,000? :o: I did no know that. I just thought that some Circassian have emigrated there from former Ottoman empire, and didn't know there are also this much turks living there.
View attachment 126689

This is for instance, Princess Haya bint al Hussein. The current wife of the Ruler of Dubai.

Princess Haya bint Al Hussein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She is also doing well for her age too. But I guess she has all the help that she needs that ordinary women do not have access to so a bit unfair to compare royals with your average 40-45 old from the region let alone the world.:)
Yeah, I agree. Also another point is that when you are an Emir, you would choose the best looking women ;)

upload_2014-10-12_12-34-42.jpeg
upload_2014-10-12_12-37-13.jpeg

Senk Lotta (Uzbekistan women working in Indonesia, once married Indonesian man)

Last edited:
how've you been @al-Hasani ?

I have been very well. How about you? Did you have a good Eid al-Adha?

Yes, That's true. Armenians generally look Middle Eastern to me, and less diverse. In some extent, they look similar to kurds for me, which makes sense, since most Armenians are not caucasians and have immigrated to caucasus from east Turkey, during ethnic tensions between muslims and Armenians during WW1. After all, they are genetically 2/3 Iranic and 1/3 Caucasian, and other mixes as some of their scholars say. Georgians are also mixed, but I think less than us. Georgian women are beautiful but obnoxious in some extent. Their men are really good, friendly and cultured people. Dagestan is probably the most diverse place on the earth as some people say. its population is less than 3 million but they are consisted of over 20 major,(even maybe 100 or so in total) of different ethnic groups. It's one of the most beautiful places. IMO, other North caucasians like Chechens, Circassians, ... are less diverse than Dagestanis. Chechens and Circassians have really beautiful girls, though. ;) some of the most beautiful ones in all muslim people, and good if you look for some beautiful muslim wife ;)
I suggest you to see Caucasus some time in future. Caucasus has an astonishing nature as well. Well, one of my future plans is working and earn money in USA, then go to caucasus for the retired age, and buy some farm and land.

wow 200,000? :o: I did no know that. I just thought that some Circassian have emigrated there from former Ottoman empire, and didn't know there are also this much turks living there.

Yeah, I agree. Also another point is that when you are an Emir, you would choose the best looking women ;)

Yes, Armenians tend to look more ME than Caucasian by far. At least from what I have seen. There are quite a few Armenians in Lebanon for instance and they are sometimes difficult to pick apart from the locals. I don't know about their genetic makeup. As always there are many theories out there regarding genetics and new information is constantly coming forward in this regard.

I am yet to encounter any person from Georgia so I cannot tell anything negative or positive about them other than some of their dresses and swords being similar to what I have seen among mountain people of Yemen.

It is funny that you mention this because I have always had somewhat of an interest in Caucasus. For various reasons. First it being a somewhat unknown region to the world but at the same time neighboring ME. Arabs and other Semites also had a presence there and there was cooperation with the locals. Moreover the mountains there have always been interesting for me and it almost being a peninsula divided between the Black Sea and Caspian Sea (both almost landlocked seas). Also because of the Chechen conflict that was widely exposed in the Arab in the 1990's and early 2000's. I remember watching my first scenes of battle/fighting from there. Ironically not from Palestine, Gulf War (Iraq, Kuwait) or Afghanistan. Or at least this is what I recall. In reality I might be wrong.

I have also found it very interesting that most Caucasian people (paternally at least) originate from the Fertile Crescent and many of the haplogroups that especially the people of Dagestan share and other areas of Caucasus are those that you can also find on the Arabian Peninsula and Arab ME. Sometimes the people of Dagestan have the highest frequencies of those haplgroups (some people (80-90% of the total population tested) for instance belong to the same haplogroup! On the other hand as you say the diversity is enormous.

Speaking about most diverse then I think that Sub-Saharan Africa and Africa in general are widely recognized as the most diverse areas but I am sure that Dagestan is up there.

Moreover I find some of the Caucasian languages really unique. They sound so different from any other language out there. Also the amount of different languages. It is all very interesting.

That's sound as a very good plan! I would go for it.

Actually it is quite disputed but I am pretty sure that the number is around that number. You can also see it by some of the family names. In Makkah alone one neighborhood (soon to be demolished) is home to 100.000 Burmese for instance. Mostly illegal migrants though.

Yes, of course that helps a lot.;) Anyway I am of the opinion that the most beautiful girls out there are those that you never spot in the news, on the internet etc. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter is really a good media to find them.

@Indos

She looks Slavic to me in the first photo. When I think of Uzbeks I think of this:

550762372d6ac7ae170147d35ea16ef2.jpg

215de0c335491b4986ebff0c4166ce33.jpg

Most Uzbeks have very clear Mongoloid features/influences IMO.

Anyway enough of anthropology for this month I believe.:lol:

Anyway what do you think of her below?:

Her name is Summer Bishil.

Half Saudi Arabian and half American (not sure what ethnicity her mother is though).

Last edited:
@al-Hasani

Yup more Slavic than Mongoloid, but of course she is Muslim............... :enjoy:

54b6ebe77eae1e7f915fe74cf490425c._.jpg
Senk Lotta

Yes, that Arab-American is very beautiful

I hope I can bring my Arab (Palestinian-Malaysian blood) relative photo to this Thread, she looks more beautiful than the picture I posted above :D Too bad she hasn't yet visited Jakarta since I meet her several years ago :taz:

964af5441816c0d5b88327d622c70310._.jpg

Indonesian-British Blood (Nadine Alexandra)

She is the woman I that I have told you that I meet "accidently,"

Some Western Women actually have some skin problem even though they are quite pretty.

Once again I don't get alert, there is some one who wants Future Indonesia-Saudi Pact never exist :rolleyes:

Speaking about women then I have always liked the Queen of Jordan (Rania). She has that noble/innocent/friendly look about here. To me it seems that she has no evil in her even which I rarely see in women.:lol: It also helps that she is apparently an awesome women in real life. The King of Jordan is a lucky man.

View attachment 126641

View attachment 126642

For a 44 year old she is doing extremely well IMO.

@BLACKEAGLE
she is really pretty

she look 28-29 years old :-)

@Indos

Brother Indonesia and Saudi Arabia (the entire Arabian Peninsula) will be brotherly people forever. We share blood (there are millions of Arab-Indonesians, Arab-Malaysians) and there are also many people of Indonesian origins on the Arabian Peninsula, we have had very ancient trading ties and cultural ties (I think that we were the second after the Indians that started to have really close ties with Indonesia, Malaysia etc.), we share the same fiqh (Shafi'i :D ), Arabs (Yemenis and Hijazis mainly) sailors and merchant spread Islam peacefully to Indonesia (this is why you are the world's biggest Shafi'i country and also Muslim country!) many similar foods, what we in the Arab world call for "Indian" spices are actually Indonesian ones because this is where most of the world's species always came from etc. Indonesia/Malaysia are my favorite countries in that part of Asia (North Asia, East Asia, South Asia and South East Asia).

Alsos for some strange reason many Arab men have a fetish for South East Asian women. This has also created unfortunate incidents I have heard about but please forgive us. Those vandals act same with our women and all other.:lol:

I hope that you are doing very well brother and a shame that we have not talked for such long. I hope you had a blessed Eid al-Adha.

I always hope the best for Indonesia and Malaysia!

Also I should not forget my favorite Indonesian natural painter. Radeh Saleh.

Raden Saleh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

b0a591d504cc8b2926a25252a6771ce4.jpg

I forgot Brunei. Them too.:D A lot of people from KSA visit Malaysia and also study there. Very popular country.

SEJARAH BANGSA ARAB

Sorry, wrong link. I do not speak Bahasa but I think it is about Arab families in Brunei. But anyway many Hijazis have Indonesian/South East Asian ancestry because many pilgrims settled and Indonesians were always one of the biggest pilgrim groups. Many also came for trade and choose to settle.

We have even Chinese too.

Your cousins the Filipinos are also lovely people. They are one of the most respected migrant groups in KSA despite mostly being Catholic!

Last edited:
@al-Hasani

Thanks Brother, I do also hope you are well there in Denmark

Actually I don't have any blood relation with Malaysian, but one of my aunt married a Saudi National (Malaysian origin) whose first wife is Palestinian. Some branch of my family are Saudi national since long time ago as I have told you before, but still have pure Indonesian blood (but the last generation have Saudi and Pakistani (blood) wife) .

Yes, they get there because of trading, which is a natural trait for Minang Kabau people. Our tribe also live every where in South East Asian Region because of their trading activities. Even the first modern heads of state of both Malaysia and Singapore come from my ethnic/ tribe.

Philippine was a Muslim Kingdom before, Catholic is there because of Spain. I believe Filipinos that settle at Saudi are from Mindanao Island which is Muslim area.

I heard @Arabian Legend went to Indonesia, visiting Puncak at West Java, just recently.

@al-Hasani

Thanks Brother, I do also hope you are well there in Denmark

Actually I don't have any blood relation with Malaysian, but one of my aunt married a Saudi National (Malaysian origin) whose first wife is Palestinian. Some branch of my family are Saudi national since long time ago as I have told you before, but still have pure Indonesian blood (but the last generation have Saudi and Pakistani (blood) wife) .

Yes, they get there because of trading, which is a natural trait for Minang Kabau people. Our tribe also live every where in South East Asian Region because of their trading activities. Even the first modern heads of state of both Malaysia and Singapore come from my ethnic/ tribe.

Philippine was a Muslim Kingdom before, Catholic is there because of Spain. I believe Filipinos that settle at Saudi are from Mindanao Island which is Muslim area.

I heard @Arabian Legend went to Indonesia, visiting Puncak at West Java, just recently.

For now I am surviving. Thanks. Hope you are doing well in humid Jakarta.;)

People from South East Asia have been present in Hijaz and the Arabian Peninsula since we Arabs and South East Asians encountered each other on the big oceans and obviously due to trade and thus mutual influences the ties grew strong. The migration both ways was almost constant but often at low levels. In certain periods of history the migrations were bigger due to various reasons. Some of them being political and others economical. It is by no means any surprise that there are Saudi Arabian nationals of South East Asian (mainly Indonesian and Malaysian) ancestry at all nor that some of the families have kept intermarrying with their own community.

Indonesia being the biggest archipelago in the world it is only logical that people were based around trade and seamanship. Similarly the inhabitants of the Arabian Peninsula (it being a peninsula) also very often looked towards the seas and oceans hence the Arabian Sea being called the Arabian Sea. it's a testament to the big role Arabs played in nearby seas millenniums before Islam and during the Islamic period. Well, back then I am not sure if they were known as Arabs, Semites or whatever but at least they lived on the Arabian Peninsula/ME.

Actually most of the Filipinos in KSA are Christian but it is correct that many are also Muslims from Mindanao. Can I ask you a question as a local? Are the people of Mindanao not related with Malay people? Or is it Indonesians? Because I know that there are many different ethnic groups in the Philippines. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am not aware of that but I envy him if he did travel there. Lucky bastard!:lol:

@Indos what is the situation when it comes to the few troublemakers such as Abu Bakar Bashir and his group and Abu Sayyaf (Philippines)? Are those vandals under control? You never hear about any trouble in Indonesia. You seem to be on a very good track economically, politically and militarily. You also have a big potential and the 4th biggest population in the world. I think that a lot of reasons and credit can be given to the Shafi'i fiqh. There are barely any problems in countries with that fiqh. Somalia and Chechnya being the only exceptions and parts of Yemen but Chechnya had nothing to do with religion but was a struggle for independence and more political rights and more autonomy if I am not mistaken while Somalia despite being in chaos for the past 30 years only has Al-Shabaab as troublemakers and they number a few thousand. Yemen is also most political and AQAP are militant Jihadists (not Shafi'is) while Houthis are Zaydi's.

I really want to visit Indonesia.

I hear that you have a very good reputation as people among visitors which you can be proud of.

Mate, can you mention me the most famous Shafi'i scholars in Indonesia?:)

@al-Hasani

Yes, talking about our terrorist they are under control now. Actually the movement has been started long time ago, we had huge war with them before in the past. At some degree, Aceh war can be seen as part of them in term of the history concern.

Yes, generally we are Safii follower, but for Todays Muslim, we are not really that fanatic, so 4 madzab can be taught simultaneously. The thing that is quite unique for Indonesian case is that we are lucky to have Muslim leaders that favor moderate Islam. In my opinion, the real Islam is the moderate one.

In term of Sufism teaching, as I see it as another important aspect to moderate our type of Islam, I can say that some people just learn it from classic book directly. It is for the educated one. But, for uneducated people (the majority), they learned it from their cleric. What I mean "educated" in here is not in term of formal education, but in term of how well their understanding about religion + adequate analytical skills.

I want to also add that there are two big grouping in Indonesia in relation to Islamic Teaching. Nahdatul Ulama (NU) which is more Sufism oriented (old teaching) and Muhammadiyah which is the first Wahhabi movement in Indonesia, but this group also use intellectual and democratic approach in their teaching.

The emergence of this group is relatively in the same time with Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Later, Muhammadiyah embraces Sufism as well. But the Sufism they use is the kind of Sufism that is cleaned from any wrong act that is not in line with Quran and Hadist. One of the famous leader of Muhammadiyah is also making a Sufi book. Tasawuf Moderen. This person is also from West Sumatra like me. He is so famous, and even though he has passed away, many of his students shape Todays Indonesia Islamic Teaching.

upload_2014-10-12_22-2-5.jpeg

upload_2014-10-12_21-57-34.jpeg
Hamka (born in 1908)

Actually there are only two tribes/ethnic in Indonesia that are so famous for their trading and voyagers which are Minang Kabau from West Sumatra and Bugis from Sulawesi Island. Indonesia has around 300 different ethnic, but 50 % of them are Javanese and Sundanese. Maybe because our land is not as good as Java. I am myself living in Jakarta, at Java, it means I don't live in West Sumatra.

Most of us are in the big group of Malay, which is comprised of most Indonesian/Malaysian/Brunei/some Singaporean/ Most Philippines. So we are related with Mindanao people as well.

Bugis people living in Sulawesi has more relation with Mindanao people since they are very close geographically

Minang Kabau/Bugis Blood
40ab904425ea507f6b8996900a8f82e6._.jpg
Marini Zumarnis

Malaysian who has Bugis Blood
0518e861c3d9d4b5552496dcbf92e0d7._.jpg7f86e7c7ee4ebce881887009a9b6f2c7._.jpg
Lisa Surihani

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom