What's new

Another IN Base in BD neighborhood

1.Unfortunately this is in Bangla and I couldn't get the English version. Says anew base to be named INS Varsha is to be set up on the Bay of Bengal, 50Kmfrom Vyzag at a place called Rambili.Rambilli Mandal | Rambilli Mandal map

2. The report says this new base is to augment IN's strength to meet PLAN threat. But we know IN will never ever be able to face PLAN. This build up is, pure and simple, targeted at us.

"Targeted against you"
Lol :lol:
A kolkata class destroyer would be enough.

On second thought, BD shouldn't be too worried about another base in the Red Corridor.

lol then future BN also will not be same, will be much stronger :D

What future are you talking about? :D
Our present Kolkata destroyer would finished it system within one year.means maximum 2015 last or 2016 starting months.
It would be much helpful if you explainthe so called build up of BD Navy within this timeline.
:lol:

What future are you talking about? :D
Our present Kolkata destroyer would finished it system within one year.means maximum 2015 last or 2016 starting months.
It would be much helpful if you explainthe so called build up of BD Navy within this timeline.
:lol:
2 Durjoy class ( at least)
2 Type056 class
2 type035g subs
5 Padma class
BNS SJ and upcoming USCGC Rush will be rearmed with anti-ship missile, airdefence system, anti sub systems etc

3 Z-9 c helicopters
besides current fleet is enough to take out for upgraded Kolkata class

:victory1:

2 Durjoy class ( at least)
2 Type056 class
2 type035g subs
5 Padma class
BNS SJ and upcoming USCGC Rush will be rearmed with anti-ship missile, airdefence system, anti sub systems etc

3 Z-9 c helicopters
besides current fleet is enough to take out for upgraded Kolkata class

:victory1:

Well you have no idea about Kolkata class when it attains maximum potential .Those LRSAM would be state of art when it inducts after one year.
Its ATAS would be most advanced .One Kolkata would easily
finished your majority of Surface fleets.
And by way Did you inducted this ships already in your fleet?or aiming for it within one year?
:D.

Well you have no idea about Kolkata class when it attains maximum potential .Those LRSAM would be state of art when it inducts after one year.
And by way Did you inducted this ships already in your fleet?or aiming for it within one year?
1. majority of the fleet ? bite me .. it means it can tackle 88 missiles at a time or 15 targets at least at a time of current BN fleet LOL :D
2. and no, those will be inducted in current fleet. :enjoy:

The Kolkata or P-17A, never going to be deployed alone, they will work within the Carrier Battle Group.

1. majority of the fleet ? bite me .. it means it can tackle 88 missiles at a time or 15 targets at least at a time of current BN fleet LOL :D
2. and no, those will be inducted in current fleet. :enjoy:

Current armament of Kolkata is 16 VLS Brahmos. and when it upgrades it would also add Nirbhay cruise missiles.
And advanced torpodoes probably Black sharks.And you should consider involvment of our own naval satellite.
How much ships you have in total?
I meant whether you induct alk that machines within one year.?

The Kolkata or P-17A, never going to be deployed alone, they will work within the Carrier Battle Group.

I know that but we know that wouldnt be that much fair because deploying a CBG against BD navy is an overkill.

The report says this new base is to augment IN's strength to meet PLAN threat. But we know IN will never ever be able to face PLAN. This build up is, pure and simple, targeted at us.
Nonsense as usual? Man, you need to do some research and learn the art of reading about naval strategy otherwise you'll keep spewing garbage out here.

You think the PLAN has the capability to face the IN in the Bay of Bengal or the Indian Ocean? Not by a long shot! Their logistics will never allow for that. And transiting through the Strait of Malacca will be a nightmare for the PLAN as it is dominated by India from the surface as well as the air. The PLAN doesn't even have a single Carrier Strike Group, without which it is impossible for force projection either in the Indian Ocean or the Pacific.

The PLAN at present has just about sufficient strength to defend its territorial claims in the South China Sea. Nothing more.

Your argument that the $2 billion INS Varsha is aimed at BD was so laughable, I spilled coffee all over my keyboard!! Damn! For taking on BD, a couple of patrol boats are enough, not a huge submarine base hidden under tunnels!! Varsha is a Naval base designed to protect subs in a nuclear war environment for a second strike. An example are the nuke powered INS Arihant, INS Chakra and other nuclear armed subs to counter future expanding Chinese presence in the Indian Ocean as well as take on Pakistan in a second strike.

Ok, I think I've made the point. But I wonder whether you have managed to assimilate what I've just mentioned? After all, comprehension is a weak point for some. :P

Last edited:
Current armament of Kolkata is 16 VLS Brahmos. and when it upgrades it would also add Nirbhay cruise missiles.
And advanced torpodoes probably Black sharks.And you should consider involvment of our own naval satellite.
How much ships you have in total?
I meant whether you induct alk that machines within one year.?
are you saying that BN fleet does not have defence system ? do not have
torpedoes too ? lol

about 90 ships fleet.

and yes those all will join next year :D

are you saying that BN fleet does not have defence system ? do not have
torpedoes too ? lol

about 90 ships fleet.

and yes those all will join next year :D

90 ?
Ok All I can see in that list is 6 missile guided frigate 4 ASW which is worthy rest of them are just missile boats and other stuffs.
Once we take that frigate ,ASW rest are enough for our coast guard .
Lol :lol: How can you intercept those Brahmos with your airdefence? :D
I want to know more about that latest air defence technology. :D

Back
Top Bottom