What's new

Ancient Hindu-Buddhist civilization seal discovered in Pakistan

We let it happen on our watch because our corrupt leaders rather watch **** in parliament welcome to the Kali yuga

What has Karnataka's assembly to with Indian Foreign Policy. And '**** watching' rhetoric is cheap. It's equivalent to a guy watching **** in office,.

So u destroy 1000s of year old historical statues not to mention a religious figure of more than half a billion Buddhists around the world because u wanted to prove a point to west..wow!!

So can u tell such a thing wont happen now...may be some day u would need to prove a point to India or some other country and so go and smash those artifacts??

May be u need train ur brain to make some logical thought or as u say so elegantly, a conscious thought...

Yes
Unlike you people, we don't value rocks more than human life.
A Moral argument was made that human life was more valuable, but clearly you guys don't agree.

Yes
A Moral argument was made that human life was more valuable, but clearly you guys don't agree.

It's a Logical fallacy. Straw man argument. That's not what we argued.

What has Karnataka's assembly to with Indian Foreign Policy. And '**** watching' rhetoric is cheap. It's equivalent to a guy watching **** in office,.

It shows who are the people we vote for just like the 2g scam but thats for another debate

Yes
On the second ground he presents (religious figure) I can't bring myself to agree either, but I wasn't there and didn't see the children die as they did, and well Afghanistanis destroyed Afghanistan's property and Buddhism has been dead in Afghanistan for millennia so it didn't matter to Afghanistan's Buddhist community.

On a lighter note, Buddhism teaches you to annihilate the self and become part of nature. The Taliban took that quite literally when the images of the teacher of that philosophy became part of the dust at the foot of those hills!

On the second ground he presents (religious figure) I can't bring myself to agree either, but I wasn't there and didn't see the children die as they did, and well Afghanistanis destroyed Afghanistan's property and Buddhism has been dead in Afghanistan for millennia so it didn't matter to Afghanistan's Buddhist community.

On a lighter note, Buddhism teaches you to annihilate the self and become part of nature. The Taliban took that quite literally when the images of the teacher of that philosophy became part of the dust at the foot of those hills!

It also hurt the sentiments of millions of Buddhist around the world and in Nepal a Majid was attacked

It's a Logical fallacy. Straw man argument. That's not what we argued.

it absolutely is.
Your argument is that they destroyed the buddah because they are bad people and blah blah balh.
But the real reason they did it was to make the point that Human life is more important than rocks.

And since you guys are crying about the rocks and not about human life, that is the only conclusion anyone can come to.

It also hurt the sentiments of millions of Buddhist around the world and in Nepal a Majid was attacked
My opinion:
No big deal. The institution of the masjid is very attack-tolerant: it is very welcome if one is allowed to flourish in an exotic place, and okay if unallowed for construction or attacked and demolished.

A case in point is your country's Water-providing (Ba Aabari) masjid. As a person aged in single-digits at the time, I was shocked (actually it wasn't even in my frame of imagination) that people would tear down a house of God, but later I understood those people weren't doing Islam when they did that, and that's as normal as there being flies in the country.

My opinion:
No big deal. The institution of the masjid is very attack-tolerant: it is very welcome if one is allowed to flourish in an exotic place, and okay if unallowed for construction or attacked and demolished.

A case in point is your country's Water-providing (Ba Aabari) masjid. As a person aged in single-digits at the time, I was shocked (actually it wasn't even in my frame of imagination) that people would tear down a house of God, but later I understood those people weren't doing Islam when they did that, and that's as normal as there being flies in the country.

Do you know Islam brother?

Masjid is a house of god ?

For some reason i find all Pakistani not clear about any subject.

My opinion:

Babri dispute is not new it has been going on since the British were in charge of India in fact Hindus and Muslims both prayed there in peace for many years but things changed after, let us not forget Hindu temples were also attacked in Pakistan after this episode but that is all for another thread.

it absolutely is.
Your argument is that they destroyed the buddah because they are bad people and blah blah balh.
But the real reason they did it was to make the point that Human life is more important than rocks.

And since you guys are crying about the rocks and not about human life, that is the only conclusion anyone can come to.

Read again .Try again.

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

...No. ....

Read again .Try again.

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

...No. ....

No thanks, I already know and countered your points.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Read again .Try again.

...No. ....

No thanks, I already know and countered your points.

Present-day Pakistanis have enormous respect for Turks like Ghauri who came to their lands and smashed the temples of their ancestors.

However, my feeling is that after 2 or 3 generations, they may start feeling acutely the emptiness in their world-view, and lament the violent destruction of their Indic ancestral heritage. Iran is closer to that stage in its evolution today.

That is the time when peace will come naturally to South Asia.

Present-day Pakistanis have enormous respect for Turks like Ghauri who came to their lands and smashed the temples of their ancestors.

However, my feeling is that after 2 or 3 generations, they may start feeling acutely the emptiness in their world-view, and lament the violent destruction of their Indic ancestral heritage. Iran is closer to that stage in its evolution today.

That is the time when peace will come naturally to South Asia.

Why do Indians feel that Pakistanis have some kind of affinity for their Hindu Ancestors?
Yes at one point in history we were Hindus, just like we were cavemen at one point.
But that does not mean we have some kind of longing to live in a cave.
Personally I have much more feelings for the destruction of the caliphate then any Hindu ancestors.

We view our conversion to Islam as being brought into the light from darkness, and we are perfectly happy with that world view.

That is not to say we are not proud of our Ancestors, just like the Europeans are proud of the Romans and Greeks. But they don't have any special feeling for Zeus or Neptune.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom