What's new

Rakhigarhi is possibly the biggest Harappan site, say archeologists.

The problem with that is what I mentioned in my first post. :pop:

That other than Indians are not permitted to work on the sites? Whether or not that is true, or to what extent, any discovery by ASI or any other group would be properly reviewed. They cannot just make claims about a site that big based on hot air. Sooner or later, people would reach that site and verify the claims. It cannot be unilateral.

err as usual drifted from the topic to hindooism islam india pakistan, none of which existed back then o_O it would be best to form a joint commission for excavating and researching on all IVC sites, since it is a shared heritage that no amount of internet squabbling can strip away from either country.

anyway this is an interesting piece, definitely needsmore followup.. rakhigarhi actually looks like a nice place to visit in person as its pretty well preserved and carbon dating suggests that it endured almost every phase of the civilization, early to late.

rakhigarhi_excavations.jpg

can any members who are interesting in geography/anthro. please tell me if the ghaggar hakra river is still a partial river in that it flows during rainy/monsoon seasons, but is parched and mostly dry in others? cant seem to find enough sources to form an opinion on this. thanks in advance

Whether in the form of Aryans, or in the form of Islam. We Pakistani people or settlers of modern day Pakistan are the fathers of Yendia.

This fact drives yendians mad.

Lol I do not think it bothers the common Indian but their government and their academics are desperate to try and find some site any site in India that is comparable to Pakistani digs. Unfortunately they are largely just mud huts in comparison to the architecture work that went into Pakistani sites.

So now I guess the new theory is IVC started in India, the people did not know how to build anything but went West and things just clicked lol.

Ok on topic can you show me the number of digs where India has allowed international archeologists to come and examine ruins because as far as I know GOI only allows state run ASI to examine anything on Indian soil.

Secondly at what point do you Indians start entertaining the possibility that just because you find ruins that are from the same time frame the distance makes it highly unlikely to be a part of the same civilization? Why are you guys reluctant to entertain the possibility that India may have had its own civilization centered around perhaps the ganges river basin and perhaps these ruins belong to said civilization instead of trying to tell people that IVC originated in India because no body is buying it lol.

@Roybot we both know you are not so dense that you did not get what I meant lol.

If it helps to diffuse the situation, then am happy to play dense :mamba:

My comment has nothing to do with race does shan believe in AIT idk maybe but I do not believe in AIT.

As for IVC sites in India I have done my research and I have spoken about this on many other threads on this topic. It is just funny how desperate some of your academics are.

What desperation, the archaeological discovery proved that they moved Eastward into Gangetic plains after the climate change and great river Ghaggar-Hakra(Saraswati) dried up while some stayed back in Jhukar region of Sindh.

First human came from India. First curry came from India. Electricity came from India. Toilets came from India. Everything on this Earth first came from India. :lol:

Now everyone can sleep easy. :lol:

What desperation, the archaeological discovery proved that they moved Eastward into Gangetic plains after the climate change and great river Ghaggar-Hakra(Saraswati) dried up while some stayed back in Jhukar region of Sindh.

Oh yes the great Saraswati river civilization. :D If you were not such a known bser maybe I would take you more seriously.

Lol I do not think it bothers the common Indian but their government and their academics are desperate to try and find some site any site in India that is comparable to Pakistani digs. Unfortunately they are largely just mud huts in comparison to the architecture work that went into Pakistani sites.

So now I guess the new theory is IVC started in India, the people did not know how to build anything but went West and things just clicked lol.

Can we say you don't want to accept that there can be big IVC sites East of Radcliffe line, places like Dholavira known for their excellent water management were also recent discovery.

First human came from India. First curry came from India. Electricity came from India. Toilets came from India. Everything on this Earth first came from India. :lol:

Filthy Liar! Everyone knows Toilets don't exist in India :P

It's hard to make sense of India at that age.

Hell even Kerala was initially the Kingdom of Cheras and then after years of being seperated by kingdoms it joined into India.

Because Even during the period of Mauryas or the Guptas, I don't think a uniform Indian identity existed.

Oh yes the great Saraswati river civilization. :D If you were not such a known bser maybe I would take you more seriously.

Its already proved that the great river dried around 1900BC, if you don't want to believe that was Saraswati still you can't deny the existence of the river which is now remaining as Ghaggar-Hakra.

Ok on topic can you show me the number of digs where India has allowed international archeologists to come and examine ruins because as far as I know GOI only allows state run ASI to examine anything on Indian soil.

Secondly at what point do you Indians start entertaining the possibility that just because you find ruins that are from the same time frame the distance makes it highly unlikely to be a part of the same civilization? Why are you guys reluctant to entertain the possibility that India may have had its own civilization centered around perhaps the ganges river basin and perhaps these ruins belong to said civilization instead of trying to tell people that IVC originated in India because no body is buying it lol.

@Roybot we both know you are not so dense that you did not get what I meant lol.
Please, you know this is a juvenile argument. No country can make unilateral claims and project it as the final truth. This is not religion. Nor is India North Korea.
This is a sample - https://student.gsu.edu/~elacy1/writingsample7.html
More will emerge on this site itself.

ASI is solely responsible for finding and the upkeep of sites in India. But any claim made has to stand scrutiny.
Besides, you are free to believe that Ganga civilization (Pakistani invention) is Indian while IVC is Pakistani. :haha:

That other than Indians are not permitted to work on the sites? Whether or not that is true, or to what extent, any discovery by ASI or any other group would be properly reviewed. They cannot just make claims about a site that big based on hot air. Sooner or later, people would reach that site and verify the claims. It cannot be unilateral.

People do reach the site but as far as I know no other archeologist are allowed to examine any dig for themselves so unless GOI is hiding something they should be more forthcoming. In Pakistan even Indian archeologists are allowed to come dig for themselves along with locals and international archeologists or at least they were idk if any recent work is ongoing.

Please, you know this is a juvenile argument. No country can make unilateral claims and project it as the final truth. This is not religion. Nor is India North Korea.
This is a sample - https://student.gsu.edu/~elacy1/writingsample7.html
More will emerge on this site itself.

ASI is solely responsible for finding and the upkeep of sites in India. But any claim made has to stand scrutiny.
Besides, you are free to believe that Ganga civilization (Pakistani invention) is Indian while IVC is Pakistani. :haha:

Okay good but is the author Indian? :D give me more sources all I am asking for.

Can we say you don't want to accept that there can be big IVC sites East of Radcliffe line, places like Dholavira known for their excellent water management were also recent discovery.

I will accept if you provide me proof. Anyway it is pretty late I will be back tomorrow.

Actually There is a first human was Indian theory you were banned when Indians opened thread saying Mexicans were Hindus lol funniest thing I have ever read.

Last edited:
Filthy Liar! Everyone knows Toilets don't exist in India :P

It's hard to make sense of India at that age.

Hell even Kerala was initially the Kingdom of Cheras and then after years of being seperated by kingdoms it joined into India.

Because Even during the period of Mauryas or the Guptas, I don't think a uniform Indian identity existed.

What this word means in Urdu:

Cheras:

dz2jDM9.jpg

:lol:

I will accept if you provide me proof. Anyway it is pretty late I will be back tomorrow.

Once I read a Pakistani article claiming how ancient Pakistanis were civilized while ancient Indian were living in jungles and at the same time you quote Aryan invasion theory at many places. :wacko: Pakistanis desperately try to look for difference between India and Pakistan since the time of Indus valley civilization, that's very fishy. :omghaha:

Okay good but is the author Indian? :D give me more sources all I am asking for.
1. Possehl, Gregory L. "The Harappan Civilization in Gujarat: The Sorath and Sindhi Harappans." The Eastern Anthropologist 45.1-2 (1992): 117-154.
2. Meadow, R., and AJITA K. Patel. "From Mehrgarh to Harappa and Dholavira: Prehistoric Pastoralism in North-Western South Asia through the Harappan Period." Protohistory: Archaeology of the Harappan Civilization 2 (2002): 391-408.
3. A Comparison Study -
Liu, Li, Xingcan Chen, and Leping Jiang. "A study of Neolithic water buffalo remains from Zhejiang, China." Bulletin of the Indo-Pacific Prehistory Association: The Taipei Papers 24.2 (2004): 113-120.

There are many actually. Rakhigarhi is a new site and will take some time. I will wait.
:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom