What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

IMG_4063.JPG

2020's will be the year for Turkey which is going to be announced critical engine complete block/component independance. The turboshaft, turboprop, turbojet, turbofan and diesel engines all are projected to a roadway and first design elements/products started to be appeared slowly. Engines are sole sanction cards of foreign politics used to block Turkish exports based on their benefits but Time is close to end their wer dreams so Using the name of Israel feeded with unlimited technology/funds/subcomponents/engineering inputs/politic help as a chest thrumping against any industrial activities is not make any sense.

Feeded or not feeded, we need to acknowledge the science/technology output of such a small nation.

We are also using that "German shit", we don't produce our own engines, we only have 8 million people in our country and our territory is 16 times smaller than Germany's territory

Yet we still have 4 companies in the top 100 biggest defense contractors, one of them is higher than both Saab and Rheinmetall

My respect. We have two Aselsan and TAI within the top 100.

http://www.ibaset.com/blog/the-top-100-defense-companies-of-2015/

I hope there will be in the next 5 years at least 5 Turkish companies between the big 100.

Because of the German engine Turkey can't export FIRTINA to other countries??
What is the difference export of ALTAY between FIRTINA
If Turkey put this german shit on the Altay , there would be same export problems. Turkey doesn't intend exporting Altay.?
I couldn't realize how they could go on with German engine.
Germans are also interesting people how they could dare offering engine?

germans are not idiots.. if turkey have tanks that could come near a german tank they need some kind of controle to sell their own ones in competitions.. also if turkey wins a contract germany would also benefit.. this means the chance to get money is higher.. and if something is against german interest than they just can blackmail us and block all export ambitions of turkey..

This "German shit" is better than anything you have/ anything else you're offered to have.

dont feel offendet .. the word shit maybe it is used because of frustration and why no alternative is not being considered and planned from the beginning of the project..

There's some more info near the end. He says the RWS is Keskin. The round thing on the front left of the turret is a sniper locator. The mast-mounted sensor complex is the same as on the new Mizrak-S turret.

I do not believe fully in the tank that Otokar has built. That could be reason that up to now no contract was signed.
For example, the parts placed as reactive armor are sitting side by side like a millstone. Even in the skirts they have placed them so that even the hood of Mercedes can not closing on that delicacy. We know armor plates on the skirts of the Turkish M60s in Syria ES were destroyed. Tanks do not bump those skates right and left. That Altay boxes never seems appropriate to the nature of a tank.

Back
Top Bottom