What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

I do not believe fully in the tank that Otokar has built.
Why do you feel need to believe in something when you have access to classified information? What is wrong with Otokar they don't share info with you?

I do not believe fully in the tank that Otokar has built. That could be reason that up to now no contract was signed.
For example, the parts placed as reactive armor are sitting side by side like a millstone. Even in the skirts they have placed them so that even the hood of Mercedes can not closing on that delicacy. We know armor plates on the skirts of the Turkish M60s in Syria ES were destroyed. Tanks do not bump those skates right and left. That Altay boxes never seems appropriate to the nature of a tank.
There is not any tank in the world that can not be defeated. Every tank can be destroyed some way.
In ww2 if a tank had been able to fight and survive for 40 minutes , This tank would have been considered successful.
There is no need to magical technics, There are doctrines.
Yesterday I listened news on France24 about NATO summit.Former French officer who served in Afganistan said that Americans war doctrine is not acceptable for France. Because It is mass, big ,heavy,slow and expensive. He also said that French Army in Iraq war for a day reached to IraqRepublic Guards. The French army doctrine based on soft and fast powers.

Last edited:
have access to classified information
I have no access, my own opinion only. I wrote before, that urgent priority of Turkish Forces is upgrade of M-60T and Leo2 estimated within the next 12-18 months , cause operation ES live experiences changed the demands of TSK, also on Altay. That's no secret.
Contract was announced to be signed at IDEF 2017. All what happned is an opportunity for progess.

1LXyB5.jpg

when does altay aht enter serial production?
Production of Altay Tank is going to start in 2020. Asymmetrical Warfare Tank isn't a completely new tank. It's just an Altay Tank with Armor and Defense kits.

Indigenous my ***, we're slowly understanding how much of the tank will be produced with foreign support.

Indigenous my ***, we're slowly understanding how much of the tank will be produced with foreign support.
M1 Abrams is using licensed Rheinmetall gun but is still considered American.

100% indigenous weapons systems are just myth, everybody is buying parts from others for their own systems.

There's a simple solution use German engines for our own tanks, while developing an indigenous engine for export.
Thanks man!!! People are argue nonsense, which is answer is so simple. German shit goes in for Turkish Tanks mean while we ll develop our own for export.

(Well lets be honest Germany making the best shit by the way. No question about it.)

(Iti oldur hakkini yeme.)

(Dereyi gecene kadar ;))))

Thanks man!!! People are argue nonsense, which is answer is so simple. German shit goes in for Turkish Tanks mean while we ll develop our own for export.

(Well lets be honest Germany making the best shit by the way. No question about it.)

One more think, I told you guys in past WE SHOULD PUT HEMI in it. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom