What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Selam Herkese,

İngilizce ile uğraşamayacağım. Bu 1 yıl sonra kesin seri üretim başlayacak mı?

altayfkup0.jpg

We will see this beast in our inventory. Can not wait for it.

LEts than see when we will see it in the next parade :)

The Challenger 2, Leopard 2 and the Abrams all use a manual loader, and they are the best tanks in the world. If the choice of autoloader was so simple, every tank since about 1975 would have an autoloader. They don't, and there's a good reason they don't.

Each tank is designed to operate in a certain environment and against certain threats. Some prioritise mobility over other factors. Others prioritise other factors, like the following: autoloaders are less reliable and slower than a manual loader. Also, the 4th crew member is very valuable to reduce stress on the crew due to all the maintenance that has to be done on a tank in the field. Lastly, as someone else already mentioned - if one of the crew becomes a casualty, the loader can take their place. Your suggestion that they just "train them so that they would not pass out" is one of the silliest things I've ever read. Why even have a tank? Just train the crew not to die when bullets, explosives and shrapnel hit them, yeah?
to be honest, i believe the main reason they dont want the auto loader.. when modern tanks turn off the engine and use its additional 100hp engine to not be seen by thermal cameras, this 100hp engine, probably not enough to Powet autoloader, and to give the tank being able to fire.
Instead, with the man, tank can stay silent and fire the enemies.. Just my pure idea ;)

to be honest, i believe the main reason they dont want the auto loader.. when modern tanks turn off the engine and use its additional 100hp engine to not be seen by thermal cameras, this 100hp engine, probably not enough to Powet autoloader, and to give the tank being able to fire.
Instead, with the man, tank can stay silent and fire the enemies.. Just my pure idea ;)
This is true. That is why there are plans to develop an electric engine.

This is true. That is why there are plans to develop an electric engine.
I meant the auxiliary power unit. I dont think it will be hard to make it for Turkey. It is also economical, and make the Tank as silent hunter.

MBT update, Russia's Armata
3WdR9c4.jpg

EiSLk1C.jpg

MmyMhZK.jpg
People making a fuzz about them, whats so special? Reading some comments one would think those are the destroyers among Tanks but it pretty much looks like a normal modern Tank.

BTW: the right headlight on the first pic is broken, and that i doesnt have track pads is also a minus point.

Last edited:
People making a fuzz about them, whats so special? Reading some comments one would think those are the destroyers among Tanks but it pretty much looks like a normal modern Tank.

BTW: the right headlight on the first pic is broken, and that i doesnt have track pads is also a minus point.

its a little different than your regular tank , unmanned turret and etc.
all of the crew is not positioned side by side at the front.

could be a great tank but it all comes down to the crew.

Those are removable.

its a little different than your regular tank , unmanned turret and etc.
all of the crew is not positioned side by side at the front.

could be a great tank but it all comes down to the crew.
To be honest, i dont believe it is going to be a good modern Tank. Todays Russia, is not capable to produce high end products. All of their universities is corrupted and professors are 50-60+ years old. I dont really want to wrote more, but as i visit Russia sometimes and have many relatives and friends live there, this is just another propaganda to gain public support. It will take forever to sell it to anywhere else!
But, i would loveeee to see Altay in Russia, to participate in Tanks race. And try Armata there. Thats the only way to convince me with its specification on paper!!
Ill post a wideo here that Russian TV showed about Altay. But, everything they said was lie and even the tank they showed were korean k2!
Imagine how irresponsible they are..

Back
Top Bottom