What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

We should have used Japanese engine.
Bro. We talked with Japanese on the engine issue. Because Germans will probably cause us problems when we try to export Altay.

But the issue with the Japanese is they have strict self-imposed ban on exporting defence productions. It turned out that we would face the same problem with the Japanese while trying to export.

So our officials dropped the talks as it would be meaningless to commence.

Sir, you see it doesnt matter how much experience you gain from assembling the vehicle structure, its more or less like putting blocks together like Lego,
Mate, it was a long post and i stopped reading after this sentence. You should first learn about the industrial capabilities of Turkey.

Bro. We talked with Japanese on the engine issue. Because Germans will probably cause us problems when we try to export Altay.

But the issue with the Japanese is they have strict self-imposed ban on exporting defence productions. It turned out that we would face the same problem with the Japanese while trying to export.

Mate, it was a long post and i stopped reading after this sentence. You should first learn about the industrial capabilities of Turkey.
One thing, the self ban is on whole military product, not on just simple diesel engine.

I remember, DRDO proposed to develop Li-ion battery for Scorpene with Japan, if it fail to develop AIP.

Hi,

Plz dont show your ignorance and read what i said

One thing, the self ban is on whole military product, not on just simple diesel engine.

I remember, DRDO proposed to develop Li-ion battery for Scorpene with Japan, if it fail to develop AIP.
Japan, which renounced the right to wage war in its postwar constitution, effectively banned arms exports in 1967. Under new guidelines being developed by Japan’s government, exports would be approved by the Trade Ministry if they were judged to serve peaceful missions or if joint development of a weapon was deemed to enhance national security.

Talks with Japan for an engine for the Altay broke down because of Turkish intentions to export the indigenous tank and Japan’s reluctance to license the joint engine, a senior Turkish procurement official said.

Japan Deal Scrapped, Turkey Looking for Tank Engine | Defense News | defensenews.com

Most powerful domestic engine in serial production V4 4.1 litre 115 hp 430 Nm tork 4DT-41T115C
Production of V4 125 and 135 hp engines will start in this year as well. These engines are producing in Euro standards and comparable with foreign rivals. Tümosan is second biggest tractor seller in Turkey now.
Tümosan is designing V6 (205-275hp) for bigger tractors also 450+ hp probably V8 for trucks and buses nowadays. I think that we need more than 5 years for domestic tank engine.

Last edited:
Hi,

Plz dont show your ignorance and read what i said

Okay, i read your post. Apart from the non-sense about "legos"... rest of your post is about "How hard it is to make an engine. :cry:"

So,

Ford Ecotorq engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ford Cargo - Doğa dostu, yüksek kaliteli motorlar - Ford Türkiye

Ecotorq has been designed, developed and produced in Turkey. Now it is being licenced produced by China to power their Trucks.
http://www.fordotosan.com.tr/downloads/yatirimciiliskileri/Ecotorq Engine Technology Licence Agreement.pdf

And we already began tp develop a range of engines to power various platforms.
National Powerpack Development

Instead of acting like you know about our industry, you should have asked.

Okay, i read your post. Apart from the non-sense about "legos"... rest of your post is about "How hard it is to make an engine. :cry:"

So,

Ford Ecotorq engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ford Cargo - Doğa dostu, yüksek kaliteli motorlar - Ford Türkiye

Ecotorq has been designed, developed and produced in Turkey. Now it is being licenced produced by China to power their Trucks.
http://www.fordotosan.com.tr/downloads/yatirimciiliskileri/Ecotorq Engine Technology Licence Agreement.pdf

And we already began tp develop a range of engines to power various platforms.
National Powerpack Development

Instead of acting like you know about our industry, you should have asked.
Plz forget about the licensed/Copy thing. Tell me the indigenous effort.

That was post not meant to be taken as offence but rather as positive feedback, dont take it on your ego

Plz forget about the licensed/Copy thing. Tell me the indigenous effort.

That was post not meant to be taken as offence but rather as positive feedback, dont take it on your ego

Mate....are you unable to understand what you read ???

How can you not understand the part..."Ecotorq has been designed, developed and produced in Turkey"..and you are talking about copy stuff....if you keep this attitude, i'm not gonna respond to you anymore.

Back
Top Bottom