What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Another false flagger attacks me

I dont know what about FYN Turk from Liveumap
but I know false flagger accounts of Foinikas's troll team
Ok whatever but it is still annoying to see other members are bashing Turkey because of you. You can call me troll or whatever you want, but you represent our country here.

I thought only 30 tanks would be getting the Korean power pack 🤔
With the Korean power pack, 90 Tanks will be produced in the first place, not 30. And as can be seen, our minimum Altay requirement is foreseen as 240 units.

Because, thanks to the advances in our ( domestic power pack technology + unmanned turret technology + active/passive armor technology and terrestrial drone technology ), we will have thousands of medium tanks that can also be used unmanned when necessary.

We are gaining considerable firepower. Thanks to this planning, the need for main heavy battle tanks is greatly reduced.

With the Korean power pack, 90 Tanks will be produced in the first place, not 30. And as can be seen, our minimum Altay requirement is foreseen as 240 units.

Because, thanks to the advances in our unmanned turret technology, active/passive armor technology and terrestrial drone technology, we will have thousands of medium tanks that can also be used unmanned when necessary.

We are gaining considerable firepower. Thanks to this planning, the need for main heavy battle tanks is greatly reduced.
Yeah,Turkey has some 650 M60A3 TTS and more than a thousand M48s if I remember correctly. It makes sense to finally get rid of them.

Yeah,Turkey has some 650 M60A3 TTS and more than a thousand M48s if I remember correctly. It makes sense to finally get rid of them.
At least if the UTKU power pack (1000 HP) had proven its performance and reliability, I would have been relieved.

We were too late in engine and transmission technologies, we should have started in the 60s.

The world is saying "goodbye to mechanical transmissions" as it transitions to electric vehicles. We fell into the problem of mechanical transmission. :)

We are doing something even better, M60A3 Turrets will be replaced by autoloader turrets

ROKETSAN-MZK-kule-M60-T72.jpg

Personally, I like this quite a lot. Certainly a much better upgrade option than the M60T and M60 Fırat upgrades that came before

At least if the UTKU power pack (1000 HP) had proven its performance and reliability, I would have been relieved.

We were too late in engine and transmission technologies, we should have started in the 60s.

The world is saying "goodbye to mechanical transmissions" as it transitions to electric vehicles. We fell into the problem of mechanical transmission. :)

I haven't the slightest optimism about the traitorous dogs at BMC.

They stole 10 years of Turkey's time

Because, thanks to the advances in our ( domestic power pack technology + unmanned turret technology + active/passive armor technology and terrestrial drone technology ), we will have thousands of medium tanks that can also be used unmanned when necessary.

can the tech for older tanks like M60 be used on say on the older T series tanks?

Personally, I like this quite a lot. Certainly a much better upgrade option than the M60T and M60 Fırat upgrades that came before
I like the sketch better than the photo...lol :P

How come autoloader? Russians gave any technology or something?

Cockerill offered us new turrets for the Leopard 1A5. Just mentioning this,because you guys are changing turrets on the M60s too.

The M60 looks like a brand new tank with the upgrade. And it looks a bit like a Russian tank. A bit like a T-90M kinda...right?

I like the sketch better than the photo...lol :P

Cockerill offered us new turrets for the Leopard 1A5. Just mentioning this,because you guys are changing turrets on the M60s too.

The M60 looks like a brand new tank with the upgrade. And it looks a bit like a Russian tank. A bit like a T-90M kinda...right?
Yeah a bit like T-90M except for the 125mm gun. The sketch on the right is actually a T-72. So Roketsan will offer this turret to all T-72 users. Azerbaijan is a very likely candidate.

I really want Turkey to upgrade the Leopard 1 Fleet, these are very light and nimble tanks, they have much greater potential than the M60 but they are overlooked for some reason.

And yeah, the sketch has the optics, smoke grenade launchers, all the bells and whistles while the Turret is just the turret.

FnYc4JgWYAEmzQI

tulpar-light-tank.jpg

I want to see this Turret on Tulpar. Much better than the cockerill turret.

And with the new 720 Hp engine made by Otokar, we could have a %100 Turkish light/meidum tank

30 ton Tulpar +13 ton Mzk turret, it would be quite light at 43 tons.

I really want Turkey to upgrade the Leopard 1 Fleet, these are very light and nimble tanks, they have much greater potential than the M60 but they are overlooked for some reason.
Yes. Great fire control system,great gun,good mobility...but the armor is ridiculous.

AMX-30.jpg

I used a Leopard 1A5 simulator twice,at the Thessaloniki EXPO,but only for a few minutes. The first time,I did very well,the instructor commended me,she said I was good. The second time...don't know wtf,the instructor was a guy and kind of annoying.

The program of course,was Steel Beasts.

IMG_20220913_163348.jpg

IMG_20220913_164005.jpg

FnYc4JgWYAEmzQI

I want to see this Turret on Tulpar.

tulpar-light-tank.jpg

Much better than the cockerill turret
The Cockerill turret looks ugly,I know.

Yes. Great fire control system,great gun,good mobility...but the armor is ridiculous.

View attachment 914759

I used a Leopard 1A5 simulator twice,at the Thessaloniki EXPO,but only for a few minutes. The first time,I did very well,the instructor commended me,she said I was good. The second time...don't know wtf,the instructor was a guy and kind of annoying.

The program of course,was Steel Beasts.

View attachment 914760

View attachment 914761

The Cockerill turret looks ugly,I know.

It's better than having a lot of useless steel armor, because Leopard 1 is so light, we could add on some modern composite armor blocks and it would still be light.

Same could be done with Tulpar. The Mzk turret doesn't just look better than cockerill, you've got a gun capable of firing APFSDS, ERA blocks, and LWIR

Autoloader technology is a simple technology. We can develop it ourselves without providing it from anyone. For example, we already did this in Korkut SPAAG.

My only reservation about the unmanned turret is that due to the ammunition being stored inside the hull, a possible hit to the ammunition depot would blow up the entire tank and all personnel would be lost. As with the Russian T72s in Ukraine.

I hope our folks have developed a solution for this issue.

My only reservation about the unmanned turret is that due to the ammunition being stored inside the hull, a possible hit to the ammunition depot would blow up the entire tank and all personnel would be lost. As with the Russian T72s in Ukraine.
Yeah,although I still wonder...ok for the Korkut it's understandable. But for the M60 it's kind of surprising to see an autoloader. It's interesting. Turkey could make light tanks with autoloaders for export only,in the future.

Back
Top Bottom