What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

How about you first have a production line and produce one tank before fantasising to the media about stuff you have no idea about?

Dropping 10 tons, congrats BMC you are the first ones with this idea. All the hundreds if not thousand of engineers never had the idea of reducing the weight while trying to keep the same level of protection, but you guys found it out. You found out what no other country or company has ever thought of, congrats.

"Yeah man, we will just drop 10 tons of the tank, dude what could be so hard about it man?"

Genius I tell you guys.

Geniuses.

Also where does 70 come from? The official amount was always 60.

Last edited:
A 10t reduction in a completed design that passed trials ? The only thing to take from this is that BMC are not capable of building the tank and/or there is no intention to build the tank.
What are the possible reasons ?

- BMC cannot engineer the frame / load bearing parts to support the original design as it lacks Otokars capabilities forcing reduction in armor quality or coverage / removal of certain systems ?
- Is it back to 6 roadwheels now which means its weight would match weight of K2 tank and be an exact copy ? this means less armor.
- Is this news of weight modification just a ruse for BMC to buy time while they try to set up the capability to build.
- Or is it an excuse to indefinitely delay/postpone the project furhter while always having a reason when asked about delay or progress "we are still working on weight reduciton". They can say that for another 10 years if they need to - its an open ended excuse.

I said it before in this thread. Of all our projects, this one has broke my heart.

Who knows if the foreign engine or other parts are the reason wich delayes the project..

But I am out of this topic I will wait some month and if something on the news is seen i am back to read about the tank and not ppl complaining over pages..

They'll probably get rid of what made the Altay so special in the first place... its thick boron carbide armour which offers protection even from the top. My guess is they will shed weight by reducing the thickness of the roof armor and possibly by using a cheaper less protective type of composite armour.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are changing it up in order to suit Qatar's needs either...

I wish BMC stayed out of this. Otokar was fully capable of building the tank. FNSS was also a good candidate. However BMC really didn't deserve to win the tender.

They'll probably get rid of what made the Altay so special in the first place... its thick boron carbide armour which offers protection even from the top. My guess is they will shed weight by reducing the thickness of the roof armor and possibly by using a cheaper less protective type of composite armour.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are changing it up in order to suit Qatar's needs either...

I wish BMC stayed out of this. Otokar was fully capable of building the tank. FNSS was also a good candidate. However BMC really didn't deserve to win the tender.

Im baffled on why bmc was given I when it when there is politics when it comes to the defence industry.

Let the defence guys do what they can.

A 10t reduction in a completed design that passed trials ? The only thing to take from this is that BMC are not capable of building the tank and/or there is no intention to build the tank.
What are the possible reasons ?

- BMC cannot engineer the frame / load bearing parts to support the original design as it lacks Otokars capabilities forcing reduction in armor quality or coverage / removal of certain systems ?
- Is it back to 6 roadwheels now which means its weight would match weight of K2 tank and be an exact copy ? this means less armor.
- Is this news of weight modification just a ruse for BMC to buy time while they try to set up the capability to build.
- Or is it an excuse to indefinitely delay/postpone the project furhter while always having a reason when asked about delay or progress "we are still working on weight reduciton". They can say that for another 10 years if they need to - its an open ended excuse.

I said it before in this thread. Of all our projects, this one has broke my heart.

Once again - and for the umpteenth time - almost the entire Altay-related workforce of Otokar has left the company for BMC.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom