What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

My friend who is an Industrial Engineer says that Turkish products are sweeping the market, he said in a nutshell "Turkey offers German Quality with Chinese prices".

I see great future for Turkey in the engineering front.

That's What Turkey aims to do. The All Turkish institutes are developing their products as competitive of European rivals with less price, Otherwise, It is impossible to compete with European complete systems'

Altay will be introduced to public with a ceremony PM will also participate next week...

long for it

Turks need to prove ALTAY is not a K-2 copy but an new model

I wish ALTAY can be finished until 2015(some sourses said may be delay to 2017)

long for it

Trajanus , its much , much different in terms of looks , considerably different , and even no such thing as agreement for it to be same as K-2 , the contractor is Otokar which is owned by Koc holding and is a private company .

Trajanus , its much , much different in terms of looks , considerably different , and even no such thing as agreement for it to be same as K-2 , the contractor is Otokar which is owned by Koc holding and is a private company .

I knew(if Altay was a copy,it would be finished years before)

but there are still many people think it is a K-2 copy and dont trust the abilty of turks

so we need to see Altay finished as soon as we can

I knew(if Altay was a copy,it would be finished years before)

but there are still many people think it is a K-2 copy and dont trust the abilty of turks

so we need to see Altay finished as soon as we can

Lol our ability is proven, with our quality products, for other stuff like jets its experience most important, our defence sectarian murat Bayar said today we can make nearly everything on land if not everything, many things on Sea ( no submarine yet) , but air is the hardest and patience and experience is key, he have examples of f-35 he said such an experienced country in air like USA even took them like 20+ years for F-35 from start of program to now.

For me it's not what we make its the quality, why make something if it's rubbish and just to say I did it no point.

long for it

The people who has eyes and a littile comprehension capability can realize that K-2 would be the latest tank Altay looks like. Korea gives just consultancy service to Otokar engineers at design process and Turkish engineers working in Altay project isn't much satisfied with Korean engineers' knowledges. The master team of Korea engineers who have serious knowledge/experience are wasting their times in Rotem institute to solve the problem with their designed XK-2 tanks. Their tanks can't even pass into serial production phase and struggling with the problems wating for engineering solutions. Altay is a different story...

Altay P-1: Mobility trials, Chassis
Altay P-2: Turret firing trials, auto-lock, FCS...
Altay P-3 and P-4: Chassis-Turret cordination, engagement of targets in different terrains...etc

Serial production of Altay will be commenced in 2016-17...

I see

Turkish Defense industry done very well on land these years

The Turkish Armor cars are even better than Japanese

when the MBT program achieve,it can be said,Turkish Defense industry can match or pass japanese on the land

by the way,the air needs patience and experience,also the money

for domestic jet devoplment,i think Sweden is a good partner because they are good at economical jet fighter

The people who has eyes and a littile comprehension capability can realize that K-2 would be the latest tank Altay looks like. Korea gives just consultancy service to Otokar engineers at design process and Turkish engineers working in Altay project isn't much satisfied with Korean engineers' knowledges. The master team of Korea engineers who have serious knowledge/experience are wasting their times in Rotem institute to solve the problem with their designed XK-2 tanks. Their tanks can't even pass into serial production phase and struggling with the problems wating for engineering solutions. Altay is a different story...

actually i gambled with my friend that ALTAY team can solve all the problems earlier than K-2..:yahoo::enjoy:

I see

Turkish Defense industry done very well on land these years

The Turkish Armor cars are even better than Japanese

when the MBT program achieve,it can be said,Turkish Defense industry can match or pass japanese on the land

by the way,the air needs patience and experience,also the money

for domestic jet devoplment,i think Sweden is a good partner because they are good at economical jet fighter

Yes, our tank program from what I read isn't going to be like some others tank program where after a few years it will be another different tank i think it will be a very important program, like leopard 1, 2, 2a4,5,6 etc M1 and upgrades so like a long term tank program with latest updates, we should remember that leopard and other big tank makers are carrying on for years constant experience and upgrade, that's why they are so successful.

Also this will be the backbone of the army. Also after first or second batch national engine will be put on tanks.

does turkey makes national brand cars like korea and the others>

Yes we make cars, if you mean national brand, yes and no, there is an initiative to make a BRAND, like a global Brand said by government so private industry should make, we can easily make a car but can it get into the competitive world market, and a quality one, I believe we will make a big brand in a few years when finally big businesses believe it's right because now they are in cooperation with like Ford, Renault. Nissan etc produced so if there is a local product they will also lose out. E.g Karsan made a proposal for new York taxis and it was the most favoured and best in votes however Jewish lobby I believe worked full force to stop it.

b97500bc00a63ab9f0450c356248d.jpg

1ff98b1d20cb38b0fc92b29db9c66.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom