What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

I'm really starting to dislike that they just dropped SARP on top of Altay and have not bothered to find a better way to implement RCWS on it. As it stand now SARP introduces a large blind spot and added weight, on the positive side, SARP has it's own E/O...
Russians, Germans, Americans have all developed a RCWS which is part of commanders periscope, hell, even the Iranians have with T-90 copy..
I hope revised versions of Altay will have RCWS integrated with commanders periscope.

1024px-Boxer_Land_400.jpg

2be44234dc4a278d09947ae3b6a893ec.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think that page is correct. Early reporting on the Altay had all kinds of mistakes, some sources were even saying it's just a licensed K2 which ofcourse is not true. At the very least K2's gun is a derivative of the Rheinmetall L55. Possibly SK slightly modified it to fire missiles through the barrel, but the difference would be minor and I doubt they can re-license it. Source.

Both Altay and South Korean K2 use licensed Rheinmetall design for their main gun. The US M1A1 Abrams also uses a Rheinmetall licensed design (but shorter).

Rheinmetall doesn't give a license to MKE to produce L55 main gun.

Pak Army extensivly checking oplot why don't they consider ALTAY oplot survival kit and it's self protection still the same as our AK has we need better self protection system like T90ms has or protection like of Israeli trophy system

rheinmetall said that are not gonna give the license, at least there was some boycot chanting in Europe. this wiki needs to be edited or wait until its definit.

The Rheinmetall license deal would've been signed almost a decade ago.

Rheinmetall doesn't give a license to MKE to produce L55 main gun.

I posted the news a few weeks or months ago, that Rheinmetall is looking for ways to set up a company (it was already founded btw with Turkish and Malaysian input) to circumvent the sales ban in Germany.

Link please.

"So soll die 120-Millimeter-Glattrohrkanone des künftigen modernen türkischen Panzerns Altay auf einer Rheinmetall-Lizenz basieren. Dies wird vom Düsseldorfer Konzern aber nicht bestätigt. „Wir haben keine Lizenz vergeben“, sagte ein Sprecher. Die Türkei ist zwar Nutzer des deutschen Leopard-Panzers, setzt aber verstärkt auf die Eigenentwicklung von Waffen."
https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/arti...-will-Waffen-in-der-Tuerkei-bauen-lassen.html

"So soll die 120-Millimeter-Glattrohrkanone des künftigen modernen türkischen Panzerns Altay auf einer Rheinmetall-Lizenz basieren. Dies wird vom Düsseldorfer Konzern aber nicht bestätigt. „Wir haben keine Lizenz vergeben“, sagte ein Sprecher. Die Türkei ist zwar Nutzer des deutschen Leopard-Panzers, setzt aber verstärkt auf die Eigenentwicklung von Waffen."
https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/arti...-will-Waffen-in-der-Tuerkei-bauen-lassen.html

Thanks. The plot thickens. Maybe South Korea copied it and changed it just enough to be able to license the design to Turkey. The guns are too similar to be anything but a direct copy or derivative.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom