What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

MT-6td3_2.PNG

6TD3 might be good for 45 Ton Russian Tanks but it might not feed our 70 Ton monster. (2000 Nm short from MTU's engine)

MT-6td3_2.PNG

6TD3 might be good for 45 Ton Russian Tanks but it might not feed our 70 Ton monster. (2000 Nm short from MTU's engine)

I don't believe that NM/Torque is the sole criteria. Compare it with commercial benzin/dizel cars. Benzin cars have lower NM but same cars can accelerate better than dizel cars. Depends on transmission ratio and other factors. I am not a motor engineer. But there will be a solution for sure. Before I posted SCANIA engine data.
Also Perkins engines data.
Turkey shouldn't invent wheel again.

Ukranian engine based on old soviet technology.
Reliability, Fuel consumption, effiency and other factors dont meet new modern Turkish Altay needs.
Turkce yaziyorum ama Ukrayna'nin motorundan hayir gelmez arkadaslar.
Dunya kadar yakit harciyor, kim bilir ne kadar yag tukwtiyordur.
Calisma omru, agirligi , sessizligi bence bir suru soru isareti.
Ukrayna veya rus arabasini sifir aliyorsun galeriden cikmadan bozuluyor.
Hele motor cok hassas bir konu.Zirt pirt bozulur uc dort bin saatte motor yanabilir.
Jiguli arabama motor yaptiktan bir yil 10bin km sonra bi daha motoru yanmisti.
Her tarafindan yag akiyordu. Alman, Fransiz veya Kore tank motorlarinin kopyasini yapamiyorlar mi? Maalesef metalurjide geriyiz.

Reliability, Fuel consumption, effiency and other factors dont meet new modern Turkish Altay needs.
Hele motor cok hassas bir konu.Zirt pirt bozulur uc dort bin saatte motor yanabilir.
Her tarafindan yag akiyordu. Alman, Fransiz veya Kore tank motorlarinin kopyasini yapamiyorlar mi? Maalesef metalurjide geriyiz.

Don't be so pessimistic. Ukraine / Russian space technology is high level !

We will upgrade the engine together. WTF is MTU ?

Otokar Tulpar is offered with MTU engine? Same problems would be with Tulpar?
What about FNSS Ifvs? Which engines will be used for Medium tank and Kaplan20?

edit: Tulpar S is offered with cummins engine.
cummins is major supplier of UK Bradley vehicles.
https://cumminsengines.com/defense

Last edited:
Otokar Tulpar is offered with MTU engine? Same problems would be with Tulpar?
What about FNSS Ifvs? Which engines will be used for Medium tank and Kaplan20?

Divorce the Germans, that's not the first and not last Treason

Sorry to hear that you had bad experience with Russian engines, However, point of buying engine from Ukraine is reabilty, cheap thecnology, and show EU that we do not need them. I m sure they will upgrade that engine and make it more fuel effienct in future. So far Turkey doing great job upgrading what they bought in pass. Thank you...

I m sure they will upgrade that engine and make it more fuel effienct in future.

Yes. They are doing already, Environmental issues are not important in War machines !

Everyday we are rained with chem trails and more..................

----------------------

Quote expert ORKO- 8 ( he remembers that there are many alternatives)

Rusların Drozd, Drozd 2, Arena ve Ştora sistemleri malum. Ukrayna'nın da Zaslon sistemi var.

ABD geçen sene Haziran ayında zırhlı araçları için İsrail'in Iron Fist ailesini seçti. Iron Fist kısa süre önce Hollanda tarafından da CV90 zırhlı muharebe araçları için seçildi.

IBD Diesenroth - Rheinmetall'in geliştirdiği ADS, 2011 yılında bir Asya ülkesine satıldı. Almanlar Puma aracında MUSS sistemini kullanıyor.

I know the Russians' Drozd, Drozd 2, Arena and Shooter systems. Ukraine also has the Zaslon system. The United States chose Israel's Iron Fist family for its armored vehicles last June. Iron Fist was recently selected by the Netherlands for CV90 armored combat vehicles. IBD Diesenroth - ADS, developed by Rheinmetall, was sold to an Asian country in 2011. The Germans are using the MUSS system through Puma. Apart from these, the Koreans are working on a system known as KAPS. Shark in France and Scudo in Italy, but I guess it did not turn into a product. The EFA system of checks was also tested on a variety of tools, but not in use.

Bunların dışında Koreliler malum, KAPS adlı bir sistem üzerinde çalışıyor. Fransa'da Shark ve İtalya'da Scudo sistemleri vardı ama ürüne dönüşmedi sanırım. Ha keza Çekler'in de EFA adlı sistemi, çeşitli araçlar üzerinde test edildi ama kullanıma girmedi.

Last edited:
USA will not support Turkish NATO partner?
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/merkava4/

GD 883 V-12 diesel engine
The Merkava 4 is powered by a V-12 diesel engine rated at 1,500hp.

The German company MTU manufactures the engine components and the GD 883 engine is manufactured under licensed production by General Dynamics Land Systems in the USA. The engine is transferred to Israel for installation and integration with the automatic transmission and with the engine computer control system.

http://defense-update.com/20060211_gd833.html

Last edited:
Very interesting infirmation about tank engine.
Listed Italian, French and British engines.
Screenshot_2017-03-28-22-28-20.png

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/351597-best-mbt/page__st__20
Although i heard that Merkava 4 engines have pretty small lifetime for diesel engine.
That is what MTU would like you to believe. I have a hard time remembering all the technical stuff I was told about the 883, but the main issue seems to be that they are just pushing the RPMs up too high, which requires a light weight piston that is not quite durable to withstand the stresses involved. 3000RPM is a lot for a diesel tank engine as I understand it.

Bu internet sayfasindan yaptigim alintilardir.
Okursaniz ilginc seyler yazmislar.
MTU motoru sadece yuksek devirli olmasindan baska bi numarasi olmadigini cok hafif pistonkar kullanulmasindan dolayi omrunun kisa oldugunu filan yazmislar.
Motor konusunda Ingiltere,Amerika ,Fransa, Italya secenekleride var.

engine computer control system.

OBD2 +

Motor konusunda Ingiltere,Amerika ,Fransa, Italya secenekleride var.

No need to invent the wheel again.

German's trend to overstretch some dizel technology by software.
3000 RPM ? almost at that RPM + 1000 my car drives 250 km/h not a joke brother.

That's from an other fan. His car is even not tuned .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom