What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

That choice seems impossible to me. You know the TSK..
We also missed TUMOSAN engine readiness. Engine has to be ready to start continues production.OR they can start production without engine(?)

We will see the choice.

watch

We also missed TUMOSAN engine readiness. Engine has to be ready to start continues production.OR they can start production without engine(?)

We will see the choice.

MTU engine and RENK transmission is used in the protoype(s)

We will see the choice.
I think first batch will use MTU 1500 HP.
TUMOSAN 1500 HP for the second batch, TUMOSAN 1800 HP for the third patch.

Actual question is AKKOR for sure.

Maybe the best choice will be share the tender in twice and let BMC and Otokar produce them all, in terms of speed up production and support domestic industrial companies as much as you can.
YES! this is exactly what I've been saying. US did the same with the production of M4 Sherman tanks in WWII

This is what it needs to be

Major agreement about AKKOR. I am litte bit disappointed for the date.
Kamuyu Aydınlatma Platformu

An agreement regarding Active Protection System Development Project for the need of the Turkish Land Forces, has been signed between our Company and Undersecretariat for Defense Industries, valuing EUR 54.000.000,- (VAT not included). Within this context, the delivery of Active Protection Systems, which shall be developed and produced by ASELSAN, will be made in 2020.

why do we buy the new leopard ng if we have altay
because we bought the Leopard 2s used and they came very cheap. NG upgrade was devised by Aselsan to bring these tanks up to date.

ps. it'll take more than a decade to produce 1000 Altay tanks, by that time Leopard 1s and M60s are going to retire (current schedule may change)

Back
Top Bottom