What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

8QrRrQ.jpg

YJ9Z9l.jpg

Oman can be the first export state for Altay tank.

Oman reportedly looking for tanks
Jeremy Binnie, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
15 November 2015
Oman has a requirement for around 70 main battle tanks and is considering the Leopard 2 or a Turkish competitor, the German news magazine Spiegel reported on 12 November.

ANALYSIS
The requirement for around 70 tanks would suggest Oman is looking to replace its similarly sized fleet of M60A3 tanks. That would mean that Oman would continue to operate two tank types that use different ammunition as its Challenger 2s have rifled 120 mm guns and the new tanks will be armed with the Rheinmetall 120 mm smoothbore.

The Turkish competitor is presumably a reference to Altay tank that has been developed by Otokar, but has not as yet gone into production for the Turkish armed forces.
Oman reportedly looking for tanks | IHS Jane's 360

How you guys considering of 50 Altay for a year ?
It's can't be about production capabilities.

How you guys considering of 50 Altay for a year ?
It's can't be about production capabilities.
I am not sure about OTOKAR capabilities but BMC will set up new production center in Marmara region.Most probably Otokar will do the same if their current production capabilities cannot correspond the needs.

Maybe the best choice will be share the tender in twice and let BMC and Otokar produce them all, in terms of speed up production and support domestic industrial companies as much as you can.

I am not sure about OTOKAR capabilities but BMC will set up new production center in Marmara region.Most probably Otokar will do the same if their current production capabilities cannot correspond the needs.

Maybe the best choice will be share the tender in twice and let BMC and Otokar produce them all, in terms of speed up production and support domestic industrial companies as much as you can.

Yes, maybe some more rivalry between domestic producers can do some good too.

Current facility of OTOKAR can product 1000 heavy armored and 6000 armored tactic vehicles at the same time. Maybe more than this, but not less i am sure.

Sharing wouldn't be great for the unit cost. One of them can easily product 100 Altay in a year. This is the best number i think.

Current facility of OTOKAR can product 1000 heavy armored and 6000 armored tactic vehicles at the same time. Maybe more than this, but not less i am sure.

Sharing wouldn't be great for the unit cost. One of them can easily product 100 Altay in a year. This is the best number i think.
In production there is 1 significant variant which is more important then others is time. If we need short term delivery, I think it should be no big unit cost differences when we split tender into two portion.(maybe three >could be FNSS)

The matter is time and such kind of current environment in TR ,I think we cannot wait longer.

In production there is 1 significant variant which is more important then others is time. If we need short term delivery, I think it should be no big unit cost differences when we split tender into two portion.(maybe three >could be FNSS)

The matter is time and such kind of current environment in TR ,I think we cannot wait longer.
That choice seems impossible to me. You know the TSK..

Back
Top Bottom