What's new

Adnan Sami can't sing should go back to Pakistan".: Jagjit Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly somebody up there said its about money and not hatred. I would understand if the bad singer comment was made against Atif Aslam, but as big an *** he might be, Adnan's a decent singer and song writer. Scored many hits in India...

Pakistani artists have been ruling over the Indian music scene for sometime now. These Indians singers, are just cashing in this chance that they've found.

Exactly my point....but Atif is far better than adnan..i guess....just my opinion..

Exactly somebody up there said its about money and not hatred. I would understand if the bad singer comment was made against Atif Aslam, but as big an *** he might be, Adnan's a decent singer and song writer. Scored many hits in India...

Adnan is a decent singer he grew as a good singer in India, Its sad to see that many of the artistes do not find platform in India due to tough competition Pakistan should open up so that they get more opportunities.

Pakistani artists have been ruling over the Indian music scene for sometime now. These Indians singers, are just cashing in this chance that they've found.

Do you really think so ?Tell me which of them are ruling ? Most of them perform and produce albums at a lesser costs than compared to renowned artiste from India.

Is it what u r told in pakistan??

I can always forgive ur ignorance.

India is huge country ,vast and varied in every sence.There are dozens of music talent show going around on various tv channel and every day a new singing talent emerges.Thats just for hindi.I wont even go to music in regional languages.

Not really. There is not even one in the really big league.

Except Adnan, I don't know of a single name. Adnan is no great shakes either. Far below the likes of Sonu, Shaan etc.

People like Ghulam Ali, Nusrat Fateh khan etc. were the big Pakistani names. Others have merely curiosity value. None of them really stands out.

You guys are seriously gonna deny the chart toppers released by Pakistani artists in India?

1. Menu Tera Naal (Najm Sheraz, I think its Bheege honth tere over there)
2. The gazillion pop songs by Atif Aslam
3. Strings Duur, heck Sunjay Dutt and some other bigname lined up to give some background words
4. All the popstuff by Ali Zafar
5. That slow number from Call
6. Junoon the ones that started it all

I can keep going on and on. All of the singers mentioned above have been number 1s. I think since the cultural exchange started the year topping numbers have been from Pakistani artists.

Pakistani music industry does not rely on Pakistani films, in India its the opposite. Most of these guys earn in Pakistan through concerts and other gigs. We produce so many musicians whose music is worth something, not the mirch masala stuff in the Indian movies. Thats why theres a trend in India to look towards Pakistan.

Even before the peace process began, India copied 90% of Pakistani music and rehashed them as its own and sold illegally in the market.

Not really. There is not even one in the really big league.

Except Adnan, I don't know of a single name. Adnan is no great shakes either. Far below the likes of Sonu, Shaan etc.

People like Ghulam Ali, Nusrat Fateh khan etc. were the big Pakistani names. Others have merely curiosity value. None of them really stands out.
Dude the Indian average listener is not mature enough to listen to our really good stuff thats why they are clinging onto pop crap. Indians liked Junoon because Junoon tones down its rebellious attitude in India.

Our real big shots are people like Mizraab, Mekaal Hassan Band, if you listen to their stuff its years ahead of anything in the pop culture.

Indians prefer, light Adnan Sami type lift karade, music.

You guys are seriously gonna deny the chart toppers released by Pakistani artists in India?

3. Strings Duur, heck Sunjay Dutt and some other bigname lined up to give some background words

I can keep going on and on. All of the singers mentioned above have been number 1s. I think since the cultural exchange started the year topping numbers have been from Pakistani artists.

Pakistani music industry does not rely on Pakistani films, in India its the opposite. Most of these guys earn in Pakistan through concerts and other gigs. We produce so many musicians whose music is worth something, not the mirch masala stuff in the Indian movies. Thats why theres a trend in India to look towards Pakistan.

Even before the peace process began, India copied 90% of Pakistani music and rehashed them as its own and sold illegally in the market.

Most of what you mention is nothing but a small niche. Its not mainstream.

They are not big names at all. Most people haven't even heard their names. They are small pies. They become big names in Pakistan after a tour of India and claiming success here.

In India, the music industry is dominated by the Film music and Pakistanis are nowhere to be found there.

It's not India which is looking towards Pakistan, its the Pakistani artists who are looking towards India for money and success and India is graciously providing them opportunities. They won't be even known by anyone in Pakistan if India did not provide those opportunities. There is enough local talent in India for us to need to look out.

Some individual music directors may have copied music form outside including Pakistan (also Western, Latin, African music), its not even a fraction of the blatant piracy of Indian movies in Pakistan that results in loss of revenue to the Indian industry.

Can you imagine something like this taking off in India?

[video=google;9188563494065595982]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9188563494065595982[/video]

Most of what you mention is nothing but a small niche. Its not mainstream.

They are not big names at all. Most people haven't even heard their names. They are small pies. They become big names in Pakistan after a tour of India and claiming success here.

In India, the music industry is dominated by the Film music and Pakistanis are nowhere to be found there.

It's not India which is looking towards Pakistan, its the Pakistani artists who are looking towards India for money and success and India is graciously providing them opportunities. They won't be even known by anyone in Pakistan if India did not provide those opportunities. There is enough local talent in India for us to need to look out.

Some individual music directors may have copied music form outside including Pakistan (also Western, Latin, African music), its not even a fraction of the blatant piracy of Indian movies in Pakistan that results in loss of revenue to the Indian industry.
They are chart toppers who win your film/music awards... What're you going on about!

As I said the real big names of Pakistan aren't liked by the simple Music listener of Indian movies.

Dude the Indian average listener is not mature enough to listen to our really good stuff thats why they are clinging onto pop crap. Indians liked Junoon because Junoon tones down its rebellious attitude in India.

Our real big shots are people like Mizraab, Mekaal Hassan Band, if you listen to their stuff its years ahead of anything in the pop culture.

Indians prefer, light Adnan Sami type lift karade, music.

The average listener anywhere likes lighter music. Its the real music lovers who like more evolved music like the Indian classical.

Junoon may have been mildly successful in it's small niche. The point is not to discuss Indian listening preferences and compare them to Pakistani preferences and say which is better.

The point is the success of these Pakistani singers in India. It is marginal at best. Any failed artist will say that they were too good for the masses. Let them remain away from the masses in that case!

They are chart toppers who win your film/music awards... What're you going on about!

As I said the real big names of Pakistan aren't liked by the simple Music listener of Indian movies.

That means they are not successful in India!

Pakistani may have won a few awards (frankly I don't remember any) and that shows India is giving them fair opportunities for which they should be grateful.

They are not anywhere near dominating the industry. Far from it.

Asim to be frank none of members of my family or neighbors have heard them.

Pakistani musicians make themselves big names in Pakistan by claiming success in India. The fact remains that in India very few are really known. They may participate in some reality shows and do relatively well. There are so many reality shows in India. No one knows what is happening in which one.

Asim to be frank none of members of my family or neighbors have heard them.
Your American roots could be a possibility?

Your award shows are testament that they are in the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom