What's new

About Pakistans University level Eduaction

Nafees

Reaction score
Dear Neo
This thread is for u. My question is that why Pakistan's Universities are not alike of Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand) even IIT, IIM (India). I think the UGC shold take initiative to collaborate pakistani universities with top class Universities of the world like MIT, Harvard, CALTECH etc. There should be more LUMS, PIEAS

Lets have a detailed discussion over it

Dear Neo
This thread is for u. My question is that why Pakistan's Universities are not alike of Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand) even IIT, IIM (India). I think the UGC shold take initiative to collaborate pakistani universities with top class Universities of the world like MIT, Harvard, CALTECH etc. There should be more LUMS, PIEAS

Lets have a detailed discussion over it

IBA is the one i know who offer the international degree in colobration with the University of Penselvineya its one of the most famous Business Institute of Pakistan from the Last 45 years or so ..

the Ex Prime Minister Mr. Shokat Aziz have an MBA Degree from IBA.

IBA is the one i know who offer the international degree in colobration with the University of Penselvineya its one of the most famous Business Institute of Pakistan from the Last 45 years or so ..

the Ex Prime Minister Mr. Shokat Aziz have an MBA Degree from IBA.

I consider Pakistani Unversity setup ... as medium average level of education. Thou consider this... that where ever Pakistani People go, Study or Work, they are one of the best in that organization, among the very people who have studied from US, European and Australian Universities. So if our educational system as per the west is below average... How come we are sitting in the best known companies of the world in every field of life on nearly the top of the establishment?

Beats me! .............. :cheers:

I consider Pakistani Unversity setup ... as medium average level of education. Thou consider this... that where ever Pakistani People go, Study or Work, they are one of the best in that organization, among the very people who have studied from US, European and Australian Universities. So if our educational system as per the west is below average... How come we are sitting in the best known companies of the world in every field of life on nearly the top of the establishment?

Beats me! .............. :cheers:

But those are not as much standard as IIT/IIM-its true dear. So, I want to know the solution comes from u. How the universities can be stepped forward. U know US recognize IIT/IIM and they are in the world ranking. But unfortunately Bangladeshi and Pakistani Universities are not in the list. Its very unfortunate that having quality and talent we are not in the list as universities are not ranked as that type.

But those are not as much standard as IIT/IIM-its true dear. So, I want to know the solution comes from u. How the universities can be stepped forward. U know US recognize IIT/IIM and they are in the world ranking. But unfortunately Bangladeshi and Pakistani Universities are not in the list. Its very unfortunate that having quality and talent we are not in the list as universities are not ranked as that type.

True that the standard of education is not so good in our countries but that is what i tried to explain in my opinion! Is it so different between students of MIT etc and Us from Pakistan?

Thou we need to modernize our educational system and start taking into consideration the courses and syllabus that is being taught in these high ranking universities.

True that the standard of education is not so good in our countries but that is what i tried to explain in my opinion! Is it so different between students of MIT etc and Us from Pakistan?

Thou we need to modernize our educational system and start taking into consideration the courses and syllabus that is being taught in these high ranking universities.

Your statement should be conveyed who run the Universities.

MIT are clearly ahead of PAK and BD universities. But we can try and do the needful

We have some decent universities in Pakistan such as NUST, NED, Agha Khan, FAST, but these aren't full fledge universities that offer everything like you see in the West. They specialize in certain field like engineering, business, or medicine. They certainly aren't comparable to universities like Harvard or MIT.

We have some decent universities in Pakistan such as NUST, NED, Agha Khan, FAST, but these aren't full fledge universities that offer everything like you see in the West. They specialize in certain field like engineering, business, or medicine. They certainly aren't comparable to universities like Harvard or MIT.

The problem is there is no research and development in Universities due to lack of facilities I am from NED, the course outline is good but no R&D.
Pakistanis are one of the best in Mathematics b/c their base is quite strong. one of the problem is due to lack of integration with Industry there are not much disciplines offered where as good Universities around the world offer much more disciplines.

the real reason behind this is "the poor teacher" of basic education of pakistan... He is the one getting pays about 5000 to 10000 at max... so only the person that cant get a good job goes in teaching feild... improve the pays of teachers... education standard will improve...

The problem is there is no research and development in Universities due to lack of facilities I am from NED, the course outline is good but no R&D.
Pakistanis are one of the best in Mathematics b/c their base is quite strong. one of the problem is due to lack of integration with Industry there are not much disciplines offered where as good Universities around the world offer much more disciplines.

it is truth that there are no that much of facilities but it takes brain and will and responsibility to do something for industries because if u dont deliver then people of industires lose confidence on u.. and profs may have brain but they dont have a will and take no responsibility to do anything

Pakistan should look at most chinese system of education and a selective indian university ( not all are of world level but there are many ).
I have one question if education level is so bad in Pakistan How do we have so many pakistani students in us studying.
At an overall level i think things are getting better in bangladesh and pakistan but alot is still to be desired.

I think the basic problem is that we have 3 educational systems running at the same time (i am talking about schools), which is very unfortunate.

we have Cambridge system (O/A levels)
than we have Matriculation system,
and lastly Mudrassa system,

Students from cambridge and matriculation systems somehow have more exposure and they can get along with International students in International Institutes because of their strong base.

Problem is wth the Madrassa system which only deals with religious studies......

So basically we need to unify our system and need to spend more on our education (currently 2.5%only), only then we ill be able to match MIT and Cambridge...

So problem is with the govt, and not with individuals....

Assalamu aleykum

I'm considering earning my masters degree in Asia, particularly Pakistan. I'm interested in one of the two following degrees from Punjab University:
M.A. Diplomacy & Strategies Studies
M.A. International Relations

I like to gain experience living abroad, and Asia and as second choice Latin-America are where my interests lie. How do these degrees compare to those of other universities? Are there better masters in other (Asian) countries in these fields?

The top university of Pakistan is NUST i guess which is at 376th place worldwide:-

NUST ranked 376th in world universities

Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Our correspondent

Rawalpindi

The National University of Sciences and Technology (Nust) has won a place in the top 400 world universities from among 30,000 universities around the world, as per the latest ranking announced by the Times Higher Education and Quacquarelli Symonds (THE~QS), UK.

NUST is the first and the only university of Pakistan to achieve this unprecedented honour. It has done so by improving its ranking from 470 (in 2007) to 376 (in 2008). The ranking is based on internationally recognised standards including improvement of infrastructure, quality of education, innovative research, international linkages, collaborative research, participation in international exchange programs, out-put of high calibre graduates etc

Back
Top Bottom