What's new

No Indian university figures in top 200 global list

Top 50 is still pretty good.
It just doesn't quite have the worldwide prestige as some of the others, Bristol's a lovely city though.
They've been accused of being elitist whereas perhaps some of the others have moved on a bit?

Ha yeah you are right. I live in Birmingham now but born and raised in Bristol. :tup:

Indian univs suck!!!

And Pakistani unis can't even compare. :omghaha:

Pakistan - 7x less population, lower resources, etc, and still our univs are world class... Theres something wrong with India... Its like a big guy who has a tiny squeaky voice and a inferiority complex...
Your unis aren't world class, lets not kid ourselves. Loads of Pakistani students come too Indian universities for study. Lets see how Pakistan would do controlling a billion+ people. Absolute chaos. China only done so through absolute dominance and punishing anyone who didn't follow the silliest of rules.

Your unis aren't world class, lets not kid ourselves. Loads of Pakistani students come too Indian universities for study. Lets see how Pakistan would do controlling a billion+ people. Absolute chaos. China only done so through absolute dominance and punishing anyone who didn't follow the silliest of rules.

Maybe by looking at your own univs you assumed that others are world class :omghaha:
I understand...

No Pakistani student come to 3rd world country like india to study... thats ridiculous... its like jumping in a sewer when you want to go swimming... do YOU know any company that takes a indian education seriously? :lol:

China does better at controlling a billion population than india does controlling a street block. its not because of their laws, its because of their CULTURE.

Maybe by looking at your own univs you assumed that others are world class :omghaha:
I understand...

No Pakistani student come to 3rd world country like india to study... thats ridiculous... its like jumping in a sewer when you want to go swimming... do YOU know any company that takes a indian education seriously? :lol:

China does better at controlling a billion population than india does controlling a street block. its not because of their laws, its because of their CULTURE.

A Pakistani student in India - thenews.com.pk

Puducherry home to Pakistani student - The Hindu

The Hindu : Front Page : India offers visas to Pakistan students

:P

So... In my neighborhood we only have Indian maids and janitors... Shall I assume that Indians migrate to Pakistan just to work as maids and janitors?

And-- there is that bunch of people who go to 3rd world countries to study... But these guys are either retarded enough to go in Indian univ, or hippies..

So... In my neighborhood we only have Indian maids and janitors... Shall I assume that Indians migrate to Pakistan just to work as maids and janitors?

And-- there is that bunch of people who go to 3rd world countries to study... But these guys are either retarded enough to go in Indian univ, or hippies..

Now tha's a new who in right mind goes to work in pakistan when Hindus from pakistan come in droves to India to seek asylum :nana:

Nothing new.

Even a backward country such as Vietnam has a better education system than India.

How can you laugh at India's educational system when your own isn't any better? India's education system sucks (for numerous reasons), IIT is overrated, but their educational system is still better than Pak/BD/SL's.

How can you laugh at India's educational system when your own isn't any better? India's education system sucks (for numerous reasons), IIT is overrated, but their educational system is still better than Pak/BD/SL's.

Yeah sure over rated. With the sorta funding they get, they are doing quite well. With the increase in funding, improvement in infrastructure the rankings will improve. IITs are not really universities anyways. Think of them as Engineering departments of a University.

Guys, don't upset...Indias top universities like IITs are Engineering Institutes & among the worlds best 200 engineering Institutes, 7 are from India...:yay:

QS WORLD UNIVERSITY RANKINGS BY FACULTY 2013 - ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY

IIT Delhi----->52

IIT Bombay---->56

IIT Madras----->66

IIT Kanpur------>93

Indian Institute of Science,Bangalore---->98

IIT Kharagpur------->103

IIT Roorkee-------->136

QS World University Rankings by Faculty 2013 - Engineering and Technology | Top Universities

No offence but your "maids" aren't making the news meaning it isn't significant however the amount of Pakistanis moving too India is enough to make various articles on it from minorities to students. And Pakistan can't really talk about India being third world when it is a UN failed state. Also read the articles properly and tell me if the courses they are studying sound retarded.

Yeah sure over rated.

Yes they are, compared to top Western Universities. The only similarity is that they admit smart people, and that's where it ends.

With the sorta funding they get, they are doing quite well.

Funding is not synonymous to innovation and creativity.

With the increase in funding, improvement in infrastructure the rankings will improve.

And VISION.

IITs are not really universities anyways. Think of them as Engineering departments of a University.

I'm quite familiar with this concept, lol. You getting worked up for nothing. ;p

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Four IITs are in the top 100 Engineering and Technology faculty in the world, thats pretty impressive for a developing country.

For example there are only 3 Chinese universities which are ranked higher than IIT Delhi, IIT Mumbai and IIT Madras. Thats not bad at all, for a country with economy 4 times smaller than China's.

Tshingua University= 12

Shanghai Jia Tong= 35

Peking= 38

IIT Delhi= 52

IIT Mumbai= 56

IIT Madras= 66

Four IITs are in the top 100 Engineering and Technology faculty in the world, thats pretty impressive for a developing country.

For example there are only 3 Chinese universities which are ranked higher than IIT Delhi, IIT Mumbai and IIT Madras. Thats not bad at all, for a quite with economy 4 times smaller than China's.

Chinese Universities are not the gold standard for R&D innovation in Science and Tech. But the ranking looks fair. West>>>>>China>India>>>>Rest of South Asia :D

Back
Top Bottom