What's new

No Indian university figures in top 200 global list

Oh stupid thread keeps popping up every year!! ANd I keep explaining again and again and again....India's TOP EDUCATION system doesn't have Universties in them so there are no 'universities' to rank there. IIT's and IIMs and AIIMS are highly specialized entities.

Didn't use you emoticons too? Another of your amazing indian logic!

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you! I said excessive use of emoticons! I hope for your sake that you are half asleep or something, otherwise am genuinely concerned for you.

I said bigger the economy, richer the country, better the Universities do.

You
said its not about economy, its about the population of the country, and called IITs lousy.

I gave you the example of countries like Australia and Canada to show you that its not about population but about the economy. And then showed you that only 3 Chinese universities are ranked ahead of IITs in Engineering and Technology.

Then you said, how can you compare specialized engineering institutions like IITs with general Chinese universities and then said Chinese universities "beat the crap" out Australian universities.

I proved it to you that Australian universities are ranked higher than the Chinese ones and asked you list down the specialized Chinese engineering institutes to compare it with IITs.

Then you said that Australia is a much richer country than China, so obviously will have better universities. Which was my initial argument, and to which you objected to!. :hitwall:.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you! I said excessive use of emoticons! I hope for your sake that you are half asleep or something, otherwise am genuinely concerned for you.

You
said its not about economy, its about the population of the country, and called IITs lousy.

I gave you the example of countries like Australia and Canada to show you that its not about population but about the economy. And then showed you that only 3 Chinese universities are ranked ahead of IITs in Engineering and Technology.

Then you said, how can you compare specialized engineering institutions like IITs with general Chinese universities and then said Chinese universities "beat the crap" out Australian universities.

I proved it to you that Australian universities are ranked higher than the Chinese ones and asked you list down the specialized Chinese engineering institutes to compare it with IITs.

Then you said that Australia is a much richer country than China, so obviously will have better universities. Which was my initial argument, and to which you objected to!. :hitwall:.

Excessive use? Look at what you use for you signature? Dancing emoticons, not one but two. How am I supposed to take your Phd seriously? :omghaha:

@Roybot , you talked a lot, but are you saying anything of substance?

You did say that, but do you realize the contradiction? You were Not comparing university ranking, you were comparing "engineering department ranking." Is it not a skewed comparison? If you truly want to capture the "economic factor," surely university ranking is more representative. The truth is your intention was to make IITs look better while brushing aside the chinese university.

You said its not about economy, its about the population of the country, and called IITs lousy.

It is a fact that university caters to the people. It is the people that make the university, the student and the faculty. I didn't say economy doesn't matter. I said the economy is just but one factor that make a good university.
Then, I gave you the example of Australia. Their income per capita is $44,000, 5 times higher than China, but ranking of Aussie university in the top 100 are not 5 times more than China. In relative terms, Aussie are not better than Chinese. Is that too complicated for your Phd mind?
I could have used specialized "department ranking" to skew the comparison, but I'm not like you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, no Indian institutions. I wonder what are the next entertaining reasons a certain indian is going to give us.

Exactly!

and they have been bragging for the excellence of their pharma and it industries! Where are the researches and publications?

And can someone verify the authenticity of another famous indian claim about high % of indians working for nasa, mircrosoft, xerox ...etc?

watch 1:46 to see some of the live props behind, on the left and right of the host! Very funny then but I dont know how the women would feel if they are in the same position nowadays in india!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its only slightly higher, volume is about ten times higher.

China produces ten times the papers India produces, Yet Chinese H-index is only slightly higher than India

When you compare US and China. China produces twice as much engineering papers as America. But the H-factor of Chinese paper is 1/3rd that of America.

yc8sh.jpg

xc3yiv.jpg

Says a lot about the quality of Chinese research:lol:

just cant get primitive Indians logic, China has much higher quantity and yet higher quality, and yet laughing China's quality``lol

Mumbai, Kolkata and Pune University are among top 800 in the world but not even one NIT that's surprising

Because IITs and NITs are not universities they are Engineering schools/Technological institutions

If an institution is only producing engineers(no medical/Arts/History/Economics) then i guess it is not considered as a university

You

He has too much preaponeurotic fat therefore he can't read your statements correctly. That's why his username is "fattyacids"

just cant get primitive Indians logic, China has much higher quantity and yet higher quality, and yet laughing China's quality``lol

Primitive?

China produces atleast 10 times more Engineering and technology papers than India does, so technically its H-index should be atleast 10 times more than India's. But the reality is that Chinese H-index is just 189 compared to India's 137

China produced twice as many Engineering paper as America does, so one would expect Chinese H-index to be higher than America's if not double. But the reality is that Chinese H-index is about 1/4th the H-index of America.

No matter how you spin it, this doesn't look good, and says a lot about the majority of the research work that the Chinese are doing.

Heck China's cite per document is even lower than that of India:rofl: Basically Chines research is mass produced junk which no one even bothers to cite!

iznuph.jpg

I can't believe that there are no Indian Unis in these ranks :what:

Isn't India supposed to be the epicenter of the IT or something? :/

I can't believe that there are no Indian Unis in these ranks :what:

Isn't India supposed to be the epicenter of the IT or something? :/

In overall ranking there are no Indian Universities in top 200, but when you look at Engineering and Technology ranking, there are 5 institutes in top 100.

qyeag3.jpg

In overall ranking there are no Indian universties in top 200, but when you look at Engineering and Technology ranking, there are about 7 institutes in top 200.

qyeag3.jpg

:yay: I knew it ...

Best of luck to you folks :wave:

In overall ranking there are no Indian Universities in top 200, but when you look at Engineering and Technology ranking, there are 5 institutes in top 100.

qyeag3.jpg

my iit ranked only 284 :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom