What's new

Aam Aadmi Party fields ex-NSG commando who lost his hearing in 26/11 gunbattle

Jason bourne

Reaction score
Aam Aadmi Party fields ex-NSG commando who lost his hearing in 26/11 gunbattle
PTI NEW DELHI, OCTOBER 28, 2013 | UPDATED 18:38 IST

surender_200_102813063724.jpg
Surender Singh
For someone who had until recently been taking on a different sort of enemy on battlefields far removed from the arena of politics, the Aam Aadmi Party candidate for the Delhi Cantonment seat, Surender Singh, is surprisingly unperturbed by his lack of political experience.
For the 35-year-old Singh is a new entrant in politics.
A former National Security Guard (NSG) commando, Singh was part of the team that had fought the 26/11 attackers holed up at Taj Hotel in Mumbai before he quit the Army; but ask him, and he says that politics can be done without any experience.
"It is only the corrupt people who need experience. When our country got freedom, did our leaders have any experience? he reasoned.
Singh, who was of the rank of Naik in the Indian Army, said he would take guidance from his electors.
"I will work like Anil Kapoor in the film 'Nayak'. He also had no experience. He was a journalist, I was a soldier. I will work as a servant of society, not like a politician. I will be a politician like Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose," he told PTI in an interview.
Hailing from a family of limited means in Haryana, Singh served in the Army for 14 years.
He decided to join politics after retiring from active service following the loss of hearing ability during the 26/11 rescue operation.
The AAP candidate is quite confident about his prospects in the Dec. 4 polls.
"For the 2008 elections, there were around 75,000 voters in Delhi Cantt, out of which 10,000 were armymen.
"This time, out of around 1.25 lakh voters, almost 45,000 are army personnel," he said.
"The whole army votebank and the public which has full faith in it (the Army), will vote for me," he said.
Singh said his priority, is he were to win, would be to work for the education and health sectors.
"There are around 3,500 schools in Delhi in which 18 lakh students study. Half the schools come under MCD, rest under Delhi government. There is a shortage of teachers. And, in some schools, even if they come, they don't teach," he said.
Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...-delhi-polls-surender-singh-nsg/1/320606.html

Aam Aadmi Party is all fake they have many of the tainted politicians as their candidates. AAP is all fake and just a ego of arvind kejriwal who is self proclaimed honest and capable according to him baaki sab baimaan, bus main hi imandaar. o_O

If he would have been corrupt, he would have been in service for very long time. He would have enjoyed it and earned a fortune.

And in any case no one knows any of the candidate unless you try them.

How do you know he is not corrupt ?
that i dont know but that applies to other candidates as well and more over he lost his hearing serving the country,give me a candidate who has done good knowingly or unknowingly to the people who elected him.

that i dont know but that applies to other candidates as well and more over he lost his hearing serving the country,give me a candidate who has done good knowingly or unknowingly to the people who elected him.

Dr. Harsha Vardhan who started the pulse polio program in Delhi ? He started the inspiring story of a trend setting campaign for polio eradication in Delhi which became a model for the rest of the country to follow.

He is the BJP chief minister candidate with zero corruption charges against him. Educated, smart and dedicated with a proven track record.

If he would have been corrupt, he would have been in service for very long time. He would have enjoyed it and earned a fortune.

And in any case no one knows any of the candidate unless you try them.

Are you serious ? He was a Naik in the army, not a General ! How much money could he have made ? Besides with his disability he could never serve any more in the army.

He stands to make LOT MORE MONEY in Politics.

Wont Vote for AAP ... even if they put V.K singh or even Anna Hazare against BJP this time ...

The Soldier is a good man ... should not fall in the trap of AAP trap ... This is the same Arvind Kejriwal who is supporting the Batla House encounter Terrorists ...

Arvind and AAP spat on the sacrifice of martyrs of Batla House encounter as terming it as Fake...

The soldier should question the APPtards ...

Bjp as state government and AAP as opposite party.
See instand of having khongress we need 2nd option as opposition.
That guy still learning politics.
Once you join politics ,you have to get your hand dirty. But what difference is , some do for their own interest and some do for society interest.
If you become MP,MLA i bet you can not work well alone ,without any support.
So say arvind or Namo need to 100% corruption free and honest. Then this is wrong. Single person can never stop corruption.
Let Namo come in 2014 and 2019, and you ll see that he ll do hundreds time better in 2nd terms.
Do not make your mindset on what you think at first place.

Back
Top Bottom