What's new

'Yeh dil maange more': Narendra Modi uses Kargil martyr's phrase, upsets his family

I can't believe she is an AAP candidate when the AAP leader Prashant Bhushan was ready to give away kashmir which her son was fighting to save and laid down his life for .

'Yeh dil maange more': Narendra Modi uses Kargil martyr's phrase, upsets his family | NDTV.com

Palampur: Campaigning in Palampur, the Himachal Pradesh hometown of Kargil martyr Vikram Batra today, Narendra Modi borrowed his famous catch-phrase to ask for votes: "Yeh Dil Maange More!"

Captain Batra's family was not impressed. "BJP must not drag his name into politics," said his father, GL Batra.

His mother, Kamal Kanta Batra, the Aam Aadmi Party candidate from neighboring Hamirpur, suggested that Mr Modi withdraw the BJP candidate against her "if he feels so indebted to martyrs."

Mr Modi, the BJP's prime ministerial candidate said in Palampur, "I want your best wishes. I want to serve you. You've given them (Congress) 60 years. Can't you give me 60 months? Yeh dil maange more! Give me 60 months."

"Where will more Vikram Batras come from?" he asked, accusing the Congress of betraying India's soldiers.

At another rally in the state, Mr Modi said, "Vikram Batra died for the country - he had said - yeh dil maange more. I say it too. I want all four seats in Himachal. I want 300 lotuses across India."

Captain Batra famously used the phrase from an ad campaign in an interview to NDTV, before he died fighting the 1999 Kargil war. He was 24.

In Hamirpur, known for its large concentration of ex-servicemen and serving soldiers, Capt Batra's 66-year-old mother makes her electoral debut against the BJP's prominent MP Anurag Thakur and Rajinder Singh Rana, of the Congress.

To the family's challenge that Mr Modi should withdraw its candidate against Mr Batra, the BJP's Meenakshi Lekhi said, "Mrs Batra should have joined the BJP before contesting the polls against Anurag Thakur." (read: Kargil hero Vikram Batra's mother fights the ballot war)

Mrs Batra, who has been reticent about using her war hero son's name during her campaign, had told NDTV earlier, "Vikram Batra was not just my son, he belonged to the nation. It is our duty to remember him and people should support us."

Captain Batra was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra, India's highest war-time gallantry award.
First thing to say that Matyr are Not the property of a family But whole Nation l.Vikram batra died not for A family but for Idea of India.

I beg differ from any one oppose taking a matr name even in political rallies because a Matr is hertiage of all country. Taking there names is a moment of pride it shows we Still not forget soilder supreme sacrifice of his life for the Country it's a reason for pride.

Have seen a debate in times now on this topic... and rarely i agree with minakshi lekhi..... but i was in agreement with her yesterday..... It i true that everyone in India respect Vikram batra for his supreme sacrifice.... But after listening to modi's speech i did not get the feeling that modi was using that word for political gain.... it was spoken during a campaign alrite....

But one question props up in my mind..... If his mother wasnt an AAP candidate, would they take this comment with this much seriousness?????

What is the meaning of this nonsense? True that Capt. Batra used the phrase but before he used it, Pepsi had patented that line.

So did the Pepsi people say anything when he made it famous as a war hero for our country?

Why did she join AAP? AAP is the first one who is against the very idea for which Vikram Batra died a hero's death; to save India from the evil of separatism.

The family has been brainwashed into believing these cheats.

So sad.

People should talk to Mrs. Batra and make her see the dangerous path she is taking.

Back
Top Bottom