What's new

BJP will make army training compulsory: VK Singh

I think he refers to PT and not any combat training which would be nonsense.... A professional army is always better than a bunch of conscripts who just serve for a short period.

A good PT course is a great idea for the physical development of youngsters.

Not necessarily, and it certainly will deteriorate the quality of our troops.

Explain how it will bring down the quality?

@janon how about must military training for Police and Politicians?
PS: just a wishful thinking nothing more.

I think he refers to PT and not any combat training which would be nonsense.... A professional army is always better than a bunch of conscripts who just serve for a short period.

A good PT course is a great idea for the physical development of youngsters.

Not necessarily, and it certainly will deteriorate the quality of our troops.
Read about Conscription.This is what V.K.Singh is talking about.As for example, Israel provides military training to all its youth for 2 years.It does not mean that they don't have a regular standing army.

This training has got nothing to do with the standing army.

great move,atleast make it optional.

i ll send my elder son for sure.

Good thinking but IMO Its not feasible at all. If I am not wrong then China has such rule too but they don't implement it because of hugh population.

Greatest proposal ever.

Madamjis and Sirjees

Compulsory military training would mean that Jihadis/Maowadis/(fill your whipping boy) who could not differentiate between screwdriver and their *** would had training in military tactics and organisation.

It would wreck havoc on India.Every two bit retard would know how to cook explosives and fire automatic weapons?

Imagine AAPTards with AK's.:fie::fie::fie::fie::fie:

Military conscription is something that won't be effective in India. I don't think the good general actually means that.

What he means is to create an institution where students of all age groups are taught essential skills, physical fitness, mental discipline and certain degree of self-defence techniques. This will instill in them what we see in citizens of countries like Singapore, Hong Kong, Switzerland etc. There will also be less focus on crime and joblessness if these students are brought up with the military school of thought.

Let me give you an example from my personal life; my brothers all of them are in the defence forces' multiple branches. Their kids grow up in a military discipline environment. At the age of 8, the eldest son of my brother has the maturity what many common teenagers lack. He is well organized, he knows what to do when and not once has he been ever scolded for misbehaving.

Now look at what Gen. Singh said from the perspective of lakhs of college age unruly youths all over India, especially in places like small town areas of our country. They have nothing to do; they bunk to the nth level, get involved in drugs and extreme alcoholism which destroys their families and increases the rate of crimes. This is because they are not mature enough to understand the realities of life and how to responsibly enjoy. We all go through that stage.

A NCC-style discipline or Army standards of discipline will actually make them much more responsible and mature and even help them in their careers later.

I mean I will definitely support such an initiative.

As for those who talk about these guys trying to 'force' the institution upon people; Please Google how many democratic countries on earth have mandatory army service.

it wont be allowed for muslims.

On the contrary, a military style education and institution will instill in them a sense of security so that they don't have to suffer from politicized insecurities.

Ever seen muslim folks coming out of NCC or Army schools? Believe me, they are miles ahead of their co-religionists in maturity, sensibility, logic and national dedication, just like all other religion's pass-outs.

Military conscription is something that won't be effective in India. I don't think the good general actually means that.

What he means is to create an institution where students of all age groups are taught essential skills, physical fitness, mental discipline and certain degree of self-defence techniques. This will instill in them what we see in citizens of countries like Singapore, Hong Kong, Switzerland etc. There will also be less focus on crime and joblessness if these students are brought up with the military school of thought.

Let me give you an example from my personal life; my brothers all of them are in the defence forces' multiple branches. Their kids grow up in a military discipline environment. At the age of 8, the eldest son of my brother has the maturity what many common teenagers lack. He is well organized, he knows what to do when and not once has he been ever scolded for misbehaving.

Now look at what Gen. Singh said from the perspective of lakhs of college age unruly youths all over India, especially in places like small town areas of our country. They have nothing to do; they bunk to the nth level, get involved in drugs and extreme alcoholism which destroys their families and increases the rate of crimes. This is because they are not mature enough to understand the realities of life and how to responsibly enjoy. We all go through that stage.

A NCC-style discipline or Army standards of discipline will actually make them much more responsible and mature and even help them in their careers later.

I mean I will definitely support such an initiative.

As for those who talk about these guys trying to 'force' the institution upon people; Please Google how many democratic countries on earth have mandatory army service.

On the contrary, a military style education and institution will instill in them a sense of security so that they don't have to suffer from politicized insecurities.

Ever seen muslim folks coming out of NCC or Army schools? Believe me, they are miles ahead of their co-religionists in maturity, sensibility, logic and national dedication, just like all other religion's pass-outs.

Well put. The posters here though need to differentiate between what military training entails in the proper sense and what the General was trying to convey in terms of instilling the military ethos of discipline in to the youth of the nation.

If he had been referring to out and out military training for the masses with or without conscription then its not feasible to say the least and absolutely not necessary.

very good move.. already NCC is optional here.. making it compulsory.. that's all.. that is after school time one or two hours training, practices, parades etc.. I was in NCC.. it gives courage,discipline patriotism,gives strength to stand before any thing.. todays education sys only produces amul babies.. when they face real challenges they will frightened..

Madamjis and Sirjees

Compulsory military training would mean that Jihadis/Maowadis/(fill your whipping boy) who could not differentiate between screwdriver and their *** would had training in military tactics and organisation.

It would wreck havoc on India.Every two bit retard would know how to cook explosives and fire automatic weapons?

Imagine AAPTards with AK's.:fie::fie::fie::fie::fie:

Military training doesn't necessarily means getting trained in operating assault rifles, it could mean martial arts, training in increasing endurance. Firearms training is the most easiest aspect of it, even monkeys can fire firearms. :D

it wont be allowed for muslims.

No body asked you. Thank you and bye bye.

very good move.. already NCC is optional here.. making it compulsory.. that's all.. that is after school time one or two hours training, practices, parades etc.. I was in NCC.. it gives courage,discipline patriotism,gives strength to stand before any thing.. todays education sys only produces amul babies.. when they face real challenges they will frightened..
i second that bro,,,,NCC shud be made compulsory..

People here need to check what the school going population of India is at any given time against the strength of the IA before saying that the general has suggested that everyone should get conscripted or should be considered for service with the IA.

The whole purpose of instilling army values is meant for the betterment of the coming generation.

All politicians elected to Parliament and legislative assemblies must stay in Siachen for a fortnight at least. This band of looters and shooters should be headed by Azam Khan.

This guy should be sent to Bana Post, Siachen, at 22,000 ft where he will have to expose his frozen *** to shit down the vertical cliff, holding on to a rope tied around the bunkers!

well i still dont trust them.

a liberal muslim is the most dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom