What's new

BJP will make army training compulsory: VK Singh

As I said, an already groomed pool of candidates is much beter than green horns.
It is better to select 1000 people from greenhorns and train them, than give training to a million people and then select a thousand from them later, which is a complete waste of resources. You don't give medical training to the entire population so that medical colleges can have a better pool to give admission to.

If it is optional, there is no need to propose it, because such a system already exists - the NCC. His proposal is compulsary military training, which is a horrible idea.

I think its a good idea.It brings discipline, physical and mental fitness, creates a sense of team spirit and nationalism.Subhash Chandra Bose wanted to do it, the Israelis do it.

with 1+ billion people, a good % of which are in rural areas and some of whom dont even have permanent addresses

yeah good luck with that one

Again, you are not making sense.

I'll try again. You asked who will pay for self defence classes. My reply was that if that is the reason, then the country can pay for self defence classes - it would be a lot cheaper than paying for military training. Who will pay for military training? The taxpayers. Instead spend a fraction of that taxpayers' money for self defence classes, because the rest of military training has no relevance to women's safety.

I'll try again. You asked who will pay for self defence classes. My reply was that if that is the reason, then the country can pay for self defence classes - it would be a lot cheaper than paying for military training. Who will pay for military training? The taxpayers. Instead spend a fraction of that taxpayers' money for self defence classes, because the rest of military training has no relevance to women's safety.

edited my previous post.

with 1+ billion people, a good % of which are in rural areas and some of whom dont even have permanent addresses

only in schools, not the 75% remaining population.

Doing something is better than doing nothing and much better than contemplating how it cannot be done.Let the ball start rolling and let the butterfly effect kick in...Most of India's success stories have been like that..

After all we are the people from the nation who started with this..

bycycle.jpg

and ended up having this..

GSLV_Mk_III_mockup.jpg

You see, all that is needed is, simply to start the process, and then stick to it.

Thanks for your good wishes btw.

Not a particularly bright idea. And as far as self defence for women or men is concerned, military training is not required. In fact general military training does not deal in particular depth with combatives.

i'm begging you to share the source from where you got this.

i hope the guy didnt have any madras lentils in him before getting on that bucket of bolts...something about this picture isnt right :laugh:

I think the training would be something like this. The famous khaki chaddi training.

1253802.jpg

Trashy suggestion, really. We neither have a deficit in manpower for our Armed Forces(discounting the Officer cadre, as that's really not going to be touched by his suggestion) nor do we want a lot of youngsters with military training roaming around our cities and towns.

Yet another pre-poll pitch-up for the Hawkish and the gullible.

wrong smiley. :lol:

I think the training would be something like this. The famous khaki chaddi training.

View attachment 24848

Nopes, they will take a leaf from pakistan.... famous safed topi training

kidterrorcamp6.si.jpg

Not a particularly bright idea. And as far as self defence for women or men is concerned, military training is not required. In fact general military training does not deal in particular depth with combatives.
Instead the territorial army should be strengthened,

He seems to have used the term "army training" loosely. Neither we need, nor do we have funds to support a mandatory army level training.

He might be suggesting some NCC sort of activity. That will, if not strengthen the armed forces in general but will help in getting the fitness among masses.

Last edited:
wrong smiley. :lol:

Nopes, they will take a leaf from pakistan.... famous safed topi training

kidterrorcamp6.si.jpg

He seems to have used the term "army training" loosely. Neither we need, nor do we have funds to support a mandatory army level training.

He might be suggesting some NCC sort of activity. That will, if not strengthen the armed forces in general but will help in getting the fitness among masses.

Revitalizing and rejuvenating the NCC is a good idea, specially with an emphasis on female adolescents and teens.

Revitalizing and rejuvenating the NCC is a good idea, specially with an emphasis on female adolescents and teens.
NCC's took a backstage by J Nehru's actions if I remember correctly... it will be indeed an positive development to revive National Cadet Corps....

Back
Top Bottom