What's new

A Statue for A Pakistani Punjabi Hero.....Porus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - even the British knew of the areas martial process, our people have been soldiers for generations, you even see that warrior tradition in the young children as they play with swords and guns, it is similar to the martial prowess of the Pashtun people.

Yes - even the British knew of the areas martial process, our people have been soldiers for generations, you even see that warrior tradition in the young children as they play with swords and guns, it is similar to the martial prowess of the Pashtun people.

Yes the land and its people have a rich military history. I am told that many current day Pakistani armed forces heroes come from that area. Considering its rich military history, a military museum should be establised as soon as possible together off course with monuments to kings Alexander and Porus as you mentioned earlier. My family will definately be a major contributor to such a project

Statue for a pakistani punjabi hero.... it is a good initiative...

I wanted to check whether he was pakistani or punjabi or something else... my old friend wikipedia lists only a long list of sources providing varying groups laying claim of the fame...

He might be punjabi or afghan or jat or brahmin or buddhist.. But I also have an illusion that he was born in south india or srilanka and shifted to punjab..:P :yahoo:

Whatever be it, he was a hero and definitely deserves to have something - statue or museum exhibits....

great job u guys

Buddhism is said to have come from Nepal. Not india.

Nepal at the time of buddha :lol:.funny thing is they deny the existance of India in ancient times :bunny:

Regarding the IVC there are strong indications it was not Hindu - the houses are not separated due to caste, there are no temples, and many beef bones have been found showing signs of human consumption.

HAHAHA....

No offence BUT..Im seriously starting to doubt your lineage story given the poor display of simple history and common sense in the post above...

You sir believe in "oral tardition" as a form of propogation of history (something that is universally considered unreliable as well as exaggerated), yet voice doubts over verified and documented instances of history?

If you knew your history, you would have known that the IVC is the birthplace of modern Hinduism....a fact verified by historians much more reputed than yourself...LOL!

Religion like all things changes over time.....so comparing the Vedic religion (forerunner) of modern hinduism to the religion in its present form and drawing parallels of caste system and culinary practices is simply assinine.....

Secondly....your proof that IVC was not Hindu is based off Beef bones....LOL!
Is there any way for you to prove to me that the bones found were consumed by Humans and not wild animals, dogs etc....
Besides...nowhere is it said that Hindus of the past never ate beef...YET your bone theory was quite laughable to say the least!

Last but not the least.....the seal of Pashupati (shiva) has been found in IVC indicating a direct parallel to the evolution of Hinduism in these lands....this has been well documented by multiple historans....especially those that discovered and extensively studied the ruins, relics and remnants of the IVC

Now please research before posting anymore on IVC and its people.
See below....
Pasupati_15440.jpg

I agree with planet warrior Raja Porus was a Hindu Rajput frm Jehlum.

Regarding the Indus Valley we do not know their religion - but they ate beef, and had no temples. And Buddhism was wiped out in bharat - but flourished in Pakistan.

The people of IVC were also known to bury their dead. So there's very little chance they were hindu.

Rafi, look's like your Thread/Posts are hurting the hearts of many :angel:

I don't believe in religion defining what their follower would be like. Their is more chance people with same region have similar views. I know of what Muslim girl, who has no similarity to any Muslim in Pakistan. Same thing applies to Hindus too. So what religion people follow.

The people of IVC were also known to bury their dead. So there's very little chance they were hindu.

i would say hinduism was formed from the practices of IVC

you people also ignore the fact that cremation was practiced in later IVC,they were idolters and they used to pray to shiva or whatever they called it then

and as far as abandoning is concerned why would the leave a well planned advanced city and go an stay in karachi or lahore which is in the same belt of indus river

Many Hindus bury their dead.

I wish fanboys would keep away from passing opinions on all sorts of matters without a shred of knowledge about them. For instance, beef-eating; for instance, vegetarianism; for instance, the origin of Buddhism; for instance, the spread and fall of Buddhism in India.

On these, it is clear that you have not the slightest knowledge, but just parade your prejudices from time to time.

This is really irritating. There has been enough written about all these subjects on PDF for you not to be able to pretend that you don't know because you never got a chance to learn. But even if you haven't read these posts, it's all right. It's all right not to know everything about everything; when you don't know about something, why don't you try the experiment of keeping your mouths shut?

Keep to the subject of building a statue to Porus and we can all get on with our lives. Stray into these areas and start talking rubbish and you're asking for it.

My friend I would very strongly disagree , in my opinion the valley of the Indus is a separate civilization in itself from modern india - which is based upon the Ganges civilization. Also if beef can be consumed, why is their laws against slaughter of cows in india.

You do realise that Beef can be eaten without killing a single 'cow' ?

There are many ethnic Hindu tribes and groups who bury their dead. Even in so called upper caste Vaishyas/Brahmins etc. dead Infants are burred in the earth or in the river.

As for cow bones, In Gujarat and Tamilnadu there are thousands of Dinosaurs bones have been found that doesn't mean Indians used to eat dinosaurs. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i would say hinduism was formed from the practices of IVC

you people also ignore the fact that cremation was practiced in later IVC,they were idolters and they used to pray to shiva or whatever they called it then

and as far as abandoning is concerned why would the leave a well planned advanced city and go an stay in karachi or lahore which is in the same belt of indus river

i think they called Shiva pashu pati.

There are many ethnic Hindu tribes and groups who bury their dead. Even in so called upper caste Vaishyas/Brahmins etc. dead Infants are burred in the earth or in the river.

As for cow bones, In Gujarat and Tamilnadu there are thousands of Dinosaurs bones have been found that doesn't mean Indians used to eat dinosaurs. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
you are right. Hindus who live in Himalayan mountain dont give agni to dead. they lack wood hence they throw body in river which flows through deep Vally. they throw body from upper part of Vally in river. they call it gangarpan. i dont know whether this practice is still on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom