What's new

A Statue for A Pakistani Punjabi Hero.....Porus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you mean by twisting facts, it would consist of a base, with two statues on each side - one of Porus and Alexander, in stylized poses, with a lion in between, and a flag pole for the Pakistani National Flag, with a plaque describing the battle and our villages participation in those historical events. We are also looking at making a website and interactive media. All the funds will Inshallah be raised by our village Pancheyat.

what material you want to use for making the statues ? i guess it wont need a big money .

We were looking at different materials Jana - but if we want a monument that will last for a long time, then you can't get better than stone, we are also looking at sculpture but that would be very expensive.

We were looking at different materials Jana - but if we want a monument that will last for a long time, then you can't get better than stone, we are also looking at sculpture but that would be very expensive.

you must contact students of NCA and also Lok Virsa they will be happy to lend a helping hand in making the sculpture .

there is zero chance of us - going back to worshiping anything but Allah - regarding Porus and his soldiers,
no one knows the future .. so wait and watch ;)
we do not know for sure what religion, if any he followed - he was most likely Buddhist as the areas that constitute Pakistan were followers of the Buddha.

buddhism is a also indian religion. or u can go further back and follow Indus valley civ. and their proto pashupati :)

Know this indian - we are proud of our religion ISLAM, and we will follow this beautiful religion to the day of Judgement INSHALLAH. We still honor the Sufi that conquered our hearts, with the beauty of the Quran and the Noble Prophet's life, and the story of Imam Hussain and the Imams and also the Saints.

Regarding the Indus Valley we do not know their religion - but they ate beef, and had no temples. And Buddhism was wiped out in bharat - but flourished in Pakistan.

you must contact students of NCA and also Lok Virsa they will be happy to lend a helping hand in making the sculpture .

Yes Jana that is a beautiful idea, we are in the initial process - all will go well Inshallah.

Know this indian - we are proud of our religion ISLAM, and we will follow this beautiful religion to the day of Judgement INSHALLAH. We still honor the Sufi that conquered our hearts, with the beauty of the Quran and the Noble Prophet's life, and the story of Imam Hussain and the Imams and also the Saints.

Regarding the Indus Valley we do not know their religion - but they ate beef, and had no temples. And Buddhism was wiped out in bharat - but flourished in Pakistan.

I think you guys should name your next missile after Porus. Atleast you would have named one missile after somebody who actually was a legend from the Pakistani region.

On a lighter note - I think our next missile should be named after the famous tribe and cricket player Afridi.

Thank you for wanting to erect a monument in honor of Raja Porus Pandayadeva. You may all elect not to believe this but my family has traced and is acknowledged to be the direct descendants of Raja Porus. We skipped to Delhi during partition. Respect would have it that we be asked for our input before erecting any monument in honour of our ancestor. The intent however is noble. Ps we are hindus and therefore must assume that Raja Porus was also hindu and not buddhist since our family crest has always been the Aum

IMO he was Buddhist, but we are doing this - because our ancestor and people were directly involved in the battle, to also honor Baba Manga.

IMO he was Buddhist, but we are doing this - because our ancestor and people were directly involved in the battle, to also honor Baba Manga.

Sorry Rafi. Just got off the phone with my gramps in Delhi. He says that there was never anything but a Pandaya Hindu influence on our family so you have to accept that Raja Porus was Hindu. Apparently the people of your area were well known for their military organisation and skill and are referred to in various parts of the vedic literature. I am certain that your ancestor Baba Manga was no different. My gramps talks fondly of the Khewra salt mines.

Thank you for wanting to erect a monument in honor of Raja Porus Pandayadeva. You may all elect not to believe this but my family has traced and is acknowledged to be the direct descendants of Raja Porus. We skipped to Delhi during partition. Respect would have it that we be asked for our input before erecting any monument in honour of our ancestor. The intent however is noble. Ps we are hindus and therefore must assume that Raja Porus was also hindu and not buddhist since our family crest has always been the Aum

:what: madhuri's distant relatives should be asked before putting her posters at shops and other places in Pakistan

:what: madhuri's distant relatives should be asked before putting her posters at shops and other places in Pakistan

I mentioned that our input should be asked for and not our permission. In fact we are in possession of many relics and artifacts and military material which belonged to kings from that area. My grandfather commenced dialogue with somebody from the Indian government some years ago to return some of those artifacts to the Pakistani government of the area but I have no idea what became of that. Hence my suggestion that our input be sought since we have paintings, military artifacts and weapons and various other items which can be used in erecting the monument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom