What's new

A Statue for A Pakistani Punjabi Hero.....Porus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned that our input should be asked for and not our permission. In fact we are in possession of many relics and artifacts and military material which belonged to kings from that area. My grandfather commenced dialogue with somebody from the Indian government some years ago to return some of those artifacts to the Pakistani government of the area but I have no idea what became of that. Hence my suggestion that our input be sought since we have paintings, military artifacts and weapons and various other items which can be used in erecting the monument

Input is always welcomed. Asking for permission was something too much

Sorry Rafi. Just got off the phone with my gramps in Delhi. He says that there was never anything but a Pandaya Hindu influence on our family so you have to accept that Raja Porus was Hindu. Apparently the people of your area were well known for their military organisation and skill and are referred to in various parts of the vedic literature. I am certain that your ancestor Baba Manga was no different. My gramps talks fondly of the Khewra salt mines.

We can agree to disagree, because there are many Buddhist artefact's that have been discovered in Jhelum - But regarding Porus because some of his descendants are Hindu does not necessarily mean he was, I'm sure he even has Muslim descendants, who currently live in Pakistan. :)

:D name one after me too :P

Defo - that Missile will be extremely accurate, and very very lethal, it will totally have the enemy in shock and awe :)

Jana ji - I'm sure Porus's descendants also live in Pakistan and are Muslim - so no need for permission from any one.

I mentioned that our input should be asked for and not our permission. In fact we are in possession of many relics and artifacts and military material which belonged to kings from that area. My grandfather commenced dialogue with somebody from the Indian government some years ago to return some of those artifacts to the Pakistani government of the area but I have no idea what became of that. Hence my suggestion that our input be sought since we have paintings, military artifacts and weapons and various other items which can be used in erecting the monument

PW - we also are in possession of some artefact's of the era, and our village is located near where many archeologists believe the battle took place.

Many people like the historian Michael Woods - were curious as to why there was no monument to this historical battle. In this vid is a Pakistani Army General retd who knows alot about the battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Know this indian - we are proud of our religion ISLAM, and we will follow this beautiful religion to the day of Judgement INSHALLAH. We still honor the Sufi that conquered our hearts, with the beauty of the Quran and the Noble Prophet's life, and the story of Imam Hussain and the Imams and also the Saints.

Regarding the Indus Valley we do not know their religion - but they ate beef, and had no temples. And Buddhism was wiped out in bharat - but flourished in Pakistan.

i dont know where you get the info. that hindus are forbidden from eating beef,hindus can eat anything they want nothing is forbidden only dog meat is considered as lowest for consumption and there is no specific importance given to temples in the vedas.

as far as the history is concerned india as well as pakistan didnt exist before 15 and 14 august 1947 and people should understand that we share the history irrespective of the geography

i dont know where you get the info. that hindus are forbidden from eating beef,hindus can eat anything they want nothing is forbidden only dog meat is considered as lowest for consumption and there is no specific importance given to temples in the vedas.

as far as the history is concerned india as well as pakistan didnt exist before 15 and 14 august 1947 and people should understand that we share the history irrespective of the geography

My friend I would very strongly disagree , in my opinion the valley of the Indus is a separate civilization in itself from modern india - which is based upon the Ganges civilization. Also if beef can be consumed, why is their laws against slaughter of cows in india.

Regarding the IVC there are strong indications it was not Hindu - the houses are not separated due to caste, there are no temples, and many beef bones have been found showing signs of human consumption.

the law are for sentiments of people like your blasphemy law and as far as civilization is concerned their decendents have spread out over the subcontinent as the ivc settlements were abandoned ie thepeople migrated or disappeared

and please show where in vedas it is written that consuming beef is forbidden

PW - we also are in possession of some artefact's of the era, and our village is located near where many archeologists believe the battle took place.

Many people like the historian Michael Woods - were curious as to why there was no monument to this historical battle. In this vid is a Pakistani Army General retd who knows alot about the battle.

I dont know who the General (retd) is but he seems to be an authority on the battle. In fact here in Botswana I met two officers from the Pakistani armed forces who also were quite knowledgeable about the battle and tactics employed by both Alexander and the Maharaj. i didnt ask them whether those tactics are reflected upon in training by the Pakistani army but am curious now whether it is.

During Desert Storm the US tank formation apparently adopted Alexander's attack formation when they realised that the Iraqi army based in Kuwait had positioned its infantry and tank positions on silmilar lines to that of Porus. History apparently repeated itself when the Iraqi formation was defeated by the Allies.

Having said that our area is rich with historical military insight . We have many many artefacts not only related to Rajah Porus but also to other noble kings who were our ancestors. On the issue of Rajah Porus and given the incredible military battle which was fought in the area and the consequences of the battle (some even suggesting that Alexandra faced his first defeat at the hands of a Punjabi king ) , a monument is definately befitting to both the Macedonian and the Punjabi kings. It would be an honor to my family to be asked to contribute to this exercise. In fact we have always held the view that much of the invaluable memorabilia and artefacts which we have in our possession belong to the people of the area and must be returned to a museum or a government of the area

Last edited by a moderator:
the law are for sentiments of people like your blasphemy law and as far as civilization is concerned their decendents have spread out over the subcontinent as the ivc settlements were abandoned ie thepeople migrated or disappeared

and please show where in vedas it is written that consuming beef is forbidden

They did not disappear, in all of human history a population has not vanished, their descendants are modern day Proud Pakistanis

We also have in our possession many artefact's related to the time, if you do wish to return some things, I suggest you contact the Pakistani Ministry of Culture.

http://www.culture.gov.pk/

Regarding the IVC there are strong indications it was not Hindu - the houses are not separated due to caste, there are no temples, and many beef bones have been found showing signs of human consumption.

Rafi , you can be well assured that there is no prohibition against the eating of beef or meat in Hindu scriptures. In fact vegetarianism is a Jain influence on Hindus. No prohibition against the eating of beef is contained in any scripture. The vedas never imposes as a duty upon any follower to attend a temple. It discusses the importance of sathsangh (discourse on God and one's duty as a good human being) but does not impose a rule that such sathsangh must be held at a designated area such as a temple. The caste system which you observe in present India and most of Sth Asia has nothing to do with hinduism or sanathan dharma. It is purely a cultural system which was created to subjugate and control. Hence when the so called "lower castes" convert to Christianity or Islam, in most cases they remain ostractized by their communities as being of 'inferior birth".

Regarding Alexander's tactics they are still taught in the Staff College Quetta, and other institutions world wide, it is a tribute to Alexander that his ideas of war are still being taught a couple of thousand years after his death.

Major General (retd) Shafgat is well known local personality of the area.

We also have in our possession many artefact's related to the time, if you do wish to return some things, I suggest you contact the Pakistani Ministry of Culture.

http://www.culture.gov.pk/

Thanks for the advise but we started the process in the early 1970s. We unfortunately had to undergo the process via the Indian government. But some stuff has been earmarked to be returned and hopefully a museum will eventually be dedicated in the area to the military machine of Punjab and its splendid royalty of the early days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom