What's new

A Statue for A Pakistani Punjabi Hero.....Porus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafi! I must applaud you and your village for taking such a bold initiative. Very nice gesture i must say.

My ancestral family village is in Jhelum - close to the site of the historical battle of Hydaspes River with Alexander the Great, our Jatt village is known for producing Warriors for generations, we have oral tradition of fighting in the battle against Alexander, right up to the modern day, when we send our sons and daughters to fight for the Pakistani Armed Forces.

To cut a long story short, our village is thinking of erecting two statues and a monument to Alexander and Porus. To pay tribute to the two great warriors of their times, one a Greek Macedonian and the other a Pakistani Punjabi

It is a shame that their is no significant monument to this ancient battle.:pakistan:
I thought erecting statues in pakistan is considered as haram.A fatwa was passed on this 3-4 years back (citation needed.)

I thought erecting statues in pakistan is considered as haram.A fatwa was passed on this 3-4 years back (citation needed.)

Erecting a statue for worship is definitely haraam, we are erecting it as a historical monument to a famous battle that our ancestors took part in. Regarding our history - we are like the Persians and Egyptians - whereas we are proud of our past, and also proud of our Islamic civilization.

Nice to see children of converted hindus moving back to original cultural /religion. erecting a statue is a nice gesture. Porus also used to do yagya, worship nature etc.. hope that will be followed ;)

You are a troll - there is zero chance of us - going back to worshiping anything but Allah - regarding Porus and his soldiers, we do not know for sure what religion, if any he followed - he was most likely Buddhist as the areas that constitute Pakistan were followers of the Buddha.

West has always argued that Porus was defeated which has been accepted widely in subcontinent also..I am not really in position to decide..
However one thing is clear a BIHARI DID DEFEAT ALEXANDER's ARMY..CHANDRAGUPTA MAURYA..:azn:

Rafi! I must applaud you and your village for taking such a bold initiative. Very nice gesture i must say.

Great Initiative,

I would suggest a statute like this depicting the both.
image02.png

^^^^^^^^^
Thats just not true, his troops refused to march beyond the Punjab - as they were tired of fighting.

West has always argued that Porus was defeated which has been accepted widely in subcontinent also..I am not really in position to decide..
However one thing is clear a BIHARI DID DEFEAT ALEXANDER's ARMY..CHANDRAGUPTA MAURYA..:azn:

I second that, I do not believe Porus was defeated. Also Alexander was so fearful of 'Bihari Army'

^^^^^^^^^
Thats just not true, his troops refused to march beyond the Punjab - as they were tired of fighting.

He said Alexander's army,. not Alexander. Nanda Dynasty was in power when Alexander was in Indian area..

He said Alexander's army,. not Alexander. Nanda Dynasty was in power when Alexander was in Indian area..

Yeah but if not for Porus, and my ancestor Manga - who's courageous resistance had not exhausted the Greeks, they would have likely made mince meat of the Nanda's - remember that.

porus was student of chanakya. chanakya suggested to king ambhi, another student of him, that ambhi should fake to surrender before Alexander and host him so porus will get time to gather army to fight Alexander.

Chandragupta Maurya made Alexander's army look like minions when he conquered Macedonian territories at the age of 20 and later defeated Seleucus who then offered his daughter to Chandragupta..

BTW Chanakya was my ancestor..and i am very proud that i am a Descendant of one of the wisest man this world has ever seen..

there is zero chance of us - going back to worshiping anything but Allah - regarding Porus and his soldiers,
no one knows the future .. so wait and watch ;)
we do not know for sure what religion, if any he followed - he was most likely Buddhist as the areas that constitute Pakistan were followers of the Buddha.

buddhism is a also indian religion. or u can go further back and follow Indus valley civ. and their proto pashupati :)

there is zero chance of us - going back to worshiping anything but Allah - regarding Porus and his soldiers,
no one knows the future .. so wait and watch ;)
we do not know for sure what religion, if any he followed - he was most likely Buddhist as the areas that constitute Pakistan were followers of the Buddha.

buddhism is a also indian religion. or u can go further back and follow Indus valley civ. and their proto pashupati :)

Buddhism is said to have come from Nepal. Not india.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom