A Statue for A Pakistani Punjabi Hero.....Porus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
My ancestral family village is in Jhelum - close to the site of the historical battle of Hydaspes River with Alexander the Great, our Jatt village is known for producing Warriors for generations, we have oral tradition of fighting in the battle against Alexander, right up to the modern day, when we send our sons and daughters to fight for the Pakistani Armed Forces.

To cut a long story short, our village is thinking of erecting two statues and a monument to Alexander and Porus. To pay tribute to the two great warriors of their times, one a Greek Macedonian and the other a Pakistani Punjabi

It is a shame that their is no significant monument to this ancient battle.:pakistan:

My ancestral family village is in Jhelum - close to the site of the historical battle of Hydaspes River with Alexander the Great, our Jatt village is known for producing Warriors for generations, we have oral tradition of fighting in the battle against Alexander, right up to the modern day, when we send our sons and daughters to fight for the Pakistani Armed Forces.

To cut a long story short, our village is thinking of erecting two statues and a monument to Alexander and Porus. To pay tribute to the two great warriors of their times, one a Greek Macedonian and the other a Pakistani Punjabi

It is a shame that their is no significant monument to this ancient battle.:pakistan:

1. In a Islamic nation????

2. What is "Jatt" ?? i was in impression that Islam and pakistan don't belive in jaat-paat.

IMO it's a great initiative if carried out without twisting facts.

I don't know what you mean by twisting facts, it would consist of a base, with two statues on each side - one of Porus and Alexander, in stylized poses, with a lion in between, and a flag pole for the Pakistani National Flag, with a plaque describing the battle and our villages participation in those historical events. We are also looking at making a website and interactive media. All the funds will Inshallah be raised by our village Pancheyat.

I don't know what you mean by twisting facts, it would consist of a base, with two statues on each side - one of Porus and Alexander, in stylized poses, with a lion in between, and a flag pole for the Pakistani National Flag, with a plaque describing the battle and our villages participation in those historical events. We are also looking at making a website and interactive media. All the funds will Inshallah be raised by our village Pancheyat.

Organize a fundraiser.

I know Pakistanis dont do this stuff because they are fearful that the fundraiser organizer will just steal the money for himself, but its a way to get started, i guess.

I think instead of a lion it would be good if you keep the flag in the centre, porus on the right and alexander on left, (just a suggestion)

both indians and pakistanis have an equal claim on the man's legacy, lets stop this tera-mera attitude brother.

You indians dont have any claim over him. Only people in india who can have a claim over him are Sikhs. Why do the rest of you indians try to take pride in Punjabi history or try to claim Punjabi history as your own.

We Punjabis dont try to claim marathi, bengali, south indian, gujrati, ect. history.

Please take pride in your own ethnicity and history. If you feel you dont have anything to be proud of, then dont try to claim other's history as your own for god's sake.

You indians dont have any claim over him. Only people in india who can have a claim over him are Sikhs. Why do the rest of you indians try to take pride in Punjabi history or try to claim Punjabi history as your own.

Please take pride in your own ethnicity and history.

Lol desperately pandering to the Sikhs?

This happens to be a common theme amongst many members here. They try to portray that "they" sympathize with the Sikhs and their "plight" in India!! This when in the past Indo-Pak wars, Sikhs have been........

Anyhow, erect whatever statues you want, claim whatever version of history you want. That aint gonna change History or what highly educated and experienced academics consider to be facts.

Btw, isnt Idolatry considered a sin in Abrahamic religions?

We Punjabis dont try to claim marathi, bengali, south indian, gujrati, ect. history.

Please take pride in your own ethnicity and history. If you feel you dont have anything to be proud of, then dont try to claim other's history as your own for god's sake.
before partition that part where he fought was in India, he was a gandhar kshytriya, which means he was a hindu warrior, there are no kshytriyas in present day pakistan, so we have an equal claim on him, stop your rants.

before partition that part where he fought was in India, he was a gandhar kshytriya, which means he was a hindu warrior, there are no kshytriyas in present day pakistan, so we have an equal claim on him, stop your rants.

1st) india was created on 15th August 1947. Your country was created a day after Pakistan.

2nd) Why does his religious beliefs matter? Just because I'm Muslim does this mean i should try to claim the history of egyptians, persians, arabs, kurds, afghans, turks, ect, as my own histroy? Of course not.

Lets not get bogged down in mutual hostility, what I think Truth Teller was referring to was, that indian Punjabi's only constitute 3% of india's population.

By the way, the oral history of my family states that Manga (my ancestor) was one of the commanders in Porus's army - who was pardoned by Alexander because of his valor. Which is also the sign of Alexander's greatness, because at that time in history, the vanquished would expect no quarter in defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom