What's new

Great Battles and Campaigns of history - Battle reports Index.

AUSTERLITZ

Reaction score
Country
India
Ok till now i've done over a dozen of my battle report threads and the earlier ones were getting pretty old and difficult to search,so this thread is where one can find all of them at once.Will be updating it constantly as i add new ones.

The first 7 are smaller and focus exclusively on one battle.But from battle report 8 ,those are more in depth and focus on entire campaigns largely.(except number 11 thymbra which again is one battle).All future ones will be larger campaign based.

1.Battle Report #1 :Battle of kalka River 1223

First one on battle of kalka river 1223.Mongols under subotai face russian-cuman turkish alliance.Its my first one and pretty rudimentary in diagrams and scope.

2.BATTLE REPORT #2 - Battle of Ipsus 301 BC.

Ipsus 301 BC.Decisive battle of the diadochi wars among alexander's generals.For war elephant fans.

3.BATTLE REPORT #3 : Battle of Nicopolis 1396.

Nicopolis 1396.Crusader knights-hungarians vs bayezid's ottoman turks.I could probabalyt now do this one much better,but sadly can't edit.

4.BATTLE REPORT #4 - Battle of Leuctra 371 BC.

Leuctra 371 BC.Thebes vs sparta.Sparta's first and greatest defeat.Birth of ancient tactics.

5.BATTLE REPORT #5 - First Battle Of Panipat 1526

Panipat I 1526,Babur's mughals vs Lodi's afghans.
6.BATTLE REPORT #6 - Battle of Granicus 334BC.

Granicus 334 BC.Alexander's first battle against the persians.

7.BATTLE REPORT #7 - Battle of Pharsalus 48BC.

Pharsalus 48 BC.Roman civil war - Caesar vs Pompey.Should have done this much better.

8.BATTLE REPORT#8 -Trebia,trasimene,Cannae.

First campaign thread.Hannibal's Italian campaign against rome from crossing the alps to cannae.Contains the 3 famous battles of trebia,trasimene and of course Cannae.218 BC.

9.BATTLE REPORT #9 - Battle of Yarmuk 636 .

Yarmuk 636.Khalid ibn al walid's muslim arabs vs the byzantine empire.

10.Battle Report #10 - Rossbach & Leuthen 1757

Frederick the great of prussia first against the french-imperial army ,then against the austrians in his two great battles of rossbach and leuthen 1757.

11.Battle Report #11 - Thymbra 547 BC.

Cyrus the great of persia against croesus of lydia 547 BC.One of the earliest described battles in human history .

12.Battle Report #12 - Napoleon's Italian Campaign 1796.

Rise of napoleon.The famous first italian campaign of 1796-1797.Contains numerous battles and engagements.Probably my best and certainly largest battle report yet.

13.Battle Report #13 - Battle of Jhelum/Hydaspes 326 BC

Alexander's indian campaign 326 BC.Contains battle of hydaspes/jhelum.

14.BATTLE REPORT #14 POLTAVA CAMPAIGN 1709

Ongoing.Charles XII invasion of rusia campaign 1709.Will contain the battles of hallocwyzyn,lesnya and finally poltava.

Thanks to all who have read and liked these.

Last edited:
Also if any image is broken in any of the threads,plz note here if u can.

Ok till now i've done over a dozen of my battle report threads and the earlier ones were getting pretty old and difficult to search,so this thread is where one can find all of them at once.Will be updating it constantly as i add new ones.

The first 7 are smaller and focus exclusively on one battle.But from battle report 8 ,those are more in depth and focus on entire campaigns largely.(except number 11 thymbra which again is one battle).All future ones will be larger campaign based.

First one on battle of kalka river 1223.Mongols under subotai face russian-cuman turkish alliance.Its my first one and pretty rudimentary in diagrams and scope.

Ipsus 301 BC.Decisive battle of the diadochi wars among alexander's generals.For war elephant fans.

Nicopolis 1396.Crusader knights-hungarians vs bayezid's ottoman turks.I could probabalyt now do this one much better,but sadly can't edit.

Leuctra 371 BC.Thebes vs sparta.Sparta's first and greatest defeat.Birth of ancient tactics.

Pharsalus 48 BC.Roman civil war - Caesar vs Pompey.Should have done this much better.

First campaign thread.Hannibal's Italian campaign against rome from crossing the alps to cannae.Contains the 3 famous battles of trebia,trasimene and of course Cannae.218 BC.

Frederick the great of prussia first against the french-imperial army ,then against the austrians in his two great battles of rossbach and leuthen 1757.

Cyrus the great of persia against croesus of lydia 547 BC.One of the earliest described battles in human history .

Rise of napoleon.The famous first italian campaign of 1796-1797.Contains numerous battles and engagements.Probably my best and certainly largest battle report yet.

Ongoing.Charles XII invasion of rusia campaign 1709.Will contain the battles of hallocwyzyn,lesnya and finally poltava.

:tup:

Thanks all,i'm going to finish the current one quickly within a couple of days,and then do my favourite battle.My username.;)

Do you get your material from Osprey ?

Do you get your material from Osprey ?

Much of it yeah.Its my biggest source.Other sources are military history monthly magazine,journal of military history quarterly mag,strategy and tactics magazine,armchair general mag and finally military history books and internet sites.

Brilliantly put together!
Are you open to any requests if possible?

Sure np as long as the battle wasn't too boring or one sided due to overwhelming technological superiority on one side like some of the colonial wars of the 19th century.I would also need to posses at least maps of that battle in my sources collection.

By 'great' do you mean great victories or great as in big? If you mean big, I'd like to input:

Siege of Baghdad (1258) - Hulagu Khan invasion of Baghdad. Completely decimated the Abbasids and Ayubids and finished the Islamic Golden Age. Estimates say up to 2 million civilians were killed...

World War II - Eastern Front

The grandfather of wars. Battle of Stalingrad, Siege of Leningrad, Battle of Berlin. The death count of these battles is close to 10 million.

By 'great' do you mean great victories or great as in big? If you mean big, I'd like to input:

Siege of Baghdad (1258) - Hulagu Khan invasion of Baghdad. Completely decimated the Abbasids and Ayubids and finished the Islamic Golden Age. Estimates say up to 2 million civilians were killed...

World War II - Eastern Front

The grandfather of wars. Battle of Stalingrad, Siege of Leningrad, Battle of Berlin. The death count of these battles is close to 10 million.

Not big,usually something militarily interesting or a decisive battle.I try to avoid sieges as they are tactically boring.I will do ww2 step by step starting with blitzkrieg france 1940.Reason i haven't started blitzkrieg yet because i'm waiting to get my hands on a particular book with some great maps that i expect to have within this month.After that i can do that one much better.Anyway of ancient and medieval battles ,only can do those that have significant tactical details known through sources.
If ur looking for islamic-middle eastern-turkish history that means al qadisah,megiddo,1st ,2nd and third crusades for arab battles,six days war 1967,1973 yom kippur,already did yarmuk.
Persian battles [al qadisah was also one] can include alexander's battles,the famous roman defeat at carrhae,xerxes greek campaign,already did thymbra.
Turkish battles megiddo,gallipolli,manzikert,vienna,mohacs,lepanto,varna.Already did nicopolis.

Also forgot ain jalut and dara.

Another turkish battle of importance would be clash of titans tamerlane vs bayezid at ankara.But i dislike that battle because much of bayezid's loss was due to defections and betrayal rather than tactical brilliance.

Well i have read only one of your battle report i.e. battle of Panipat and that also too very casually,a mockery of your hard work i know :cry:

Back
Top Bottom