What's new

A Question For Pakistani's

As a Pakistani Who do you like more?

• Total voters
You see Muslims belong to different races and Cultures as there is no one culture in Islam. Most muslims adopted their cultural practices according to teaching of their religion..for example concept of halal and haram is same for All muslims but pakistani food will still be different than turkish but they can eat food of each others. We all know even pakistani muslims dont have one culture as it vary region to region. Punjabi wedding is not same as pashtun or balochi wedding

The people who share closest culture to Pakistanis are the North Indians, next comes the Afghans and Persians while Turks hardly have any cultural similarities with Pakistanis. I am aware I would be targeted by other Pakistanis for saying this. :D :D

We share a historical bond with the Turks and other muslim nations

Its kind of a unfair question, why should Pakistan have to choose.

We have a bond with the Turks for a variety of reasons from religious, cultural, historic and hope to build on this bond and become stronger

We have an strategic alliance with China which is vital for Pakistan and we hope to build on that too and as our economy improves our relationship could become even more fruitful

Pakistan is lucky to have so many close allies whether it be the Turks, china,Saudi/GCC, wider muslim world. Its all good

What would you call it then?

The same relationship as these two have, KSA on the right.

060612_the_ventriloquist_t.jpg

@T-123456

Let me ask you a question.

Is it possible for two people to call themselves brothers without having anything in common ???Yes,i have a friend whome i call a brother,we have nothing in common,circumstances brought us together(he is a Christian)

Now I know you'll say that there's no such thing as Ummah. there was in the past.

Then tell me, would the Immigrant Muslims from all over the world join Osman's Army and settle in his empire if it weren't for this brotherhood ??? Osmans Army conquered so many countries,powerful Muslim Empire,who wouldnt want to join as a Muslim(in those days,people believed in Ummah).

Do you think that the Ottoman empire could've expanded without their support ??? Yes,read History and the role of the Muslims and none Muslims in the Ottoman Empire.

Would Khair ed Din Pasha have rescued the moors from Spain if it weren't for this brotherhood ??? It was his duty

do you think taht the Muslims of the subcontinent would have supported Turkey if it weren't for this brotherhood ??? The Ottoman Empire was allways helpful(they even sent ships to Indonesia to help Muslims there).I would say yes.

Do you think that Turkey would have survived without this support.
All help was welcome and appreciated.

Do you think that Pakistan and Turkey would exist if there wasn't the concept that Muslim are one nation ???
Yes,the one nation theory is bs,look at all the ''one nations''they only kill each other,enemies of each other.
@RAMPAGE ,click to expand.

I personally like Turks more.. and i heard from many friends who went to Turkey that the Turks give lot of respect to Pakistanis

Long Live China-Pakistan Friendship. :china::pakistan:

(Sorry, I'm not trying to bias the vote. :P)

I voted "Chinese"... Not because I differentiate b/w two of Turks & Chinese, but just to even out the results. :D

I actually don't define my liking or disliking based on affiliations, rather I like/dislike individual actions.

If at any one given point a Turk is doing good thing, I'd like & if at any given time a Chinese is doing good thong I'd like.
And vice versa...

Messenger of Allah said, "The deeds are considered by the intentions, and a person will get the reward according to his intention. .[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Im actually suprised islam wasn't brought up.:o:

Thats actually sad.:(

Let me raise raise this question, why did a pakistan- china relationship come about in the first place?
Why did prophet Muhammad ordered Muslims migrate to a Christian country "Habasha"...
Why did Prophet signed treaties with non-Muslim third parties
when he was at war with Quraish...
Why bring in Islam when majority of so-called Muslims themselves are NOT acting on Islamic ways. Also Kamal Attaturk who represents modern day Turkey, did he NOT try to distance Turkey away from Islam???!!! Abolishing Arabic script & all (?) (correct me if I am wrong)... I read somewhere that he was quoted as saying "Islam, this theology of an immoral Arab"...(?)

In fact a pact with non-Muslims was given such an important status that...:
Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr: The Prophet said, "Whoever killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims, shall not smell the smell of Paradise though its smell is perceived from a distance of forty years."
Sahih al-Bukhari 3166, In-book reference : Book 58, Hadith 8, USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 4, Book 53, Hadith 391

I never said you cant have alliances with non muslims. I was just wondering how the whole pakistan china thing came about and I was also suprised that islam wasn't brought up in the beggining of the thread.

I understand that.
China is a neighbour. One who never poked it's fingers in our affairs. That's why it makes a good friendly neighbour.

Last edited:
I voted "Chinese"... Not because I differentiate b/w two of Turks & Chinese, but just to even out the results. :)

I actually don't define my liking or disliking based on affiliations, rather I like/dislike individual actions.

If at any one given point a Turk is doing good thing, I'd like & if at any given time a Chinese is doing good thong I'd like.
And vice versa...

Messenger of Allah said, "The deeds are considered by the intentions, and a person will get the reward according to his intention. .[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Why did prophet Muhammad ordered Muslims migrate to a Christian country "Habasha"...
Why did Prophet signed treaties with non-Muslim third parties
when he was at wat with Quraish...
Why bring in Islam when majority of so-called Muslims themselves are NOT acting on Islamic ways. Also Kamal Attaturk who represents modern day Turkey, did he NOT try to distance Turkey away from Islam???!!! (correct me if I am wrong)

In fact a pact with non-Muslims was given such an important status that...:
Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr: The Prophet said, "Whoever killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims, shall not smell the smell of Paradise though its smell is perceived from a distance of forty years."
Sahih al-Bukhari 3166, In-book reference : Book 58, Hadith 8, USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 4, Book 53, Hadith 391

I never said you cant have alliances with non muslims. I was just wondering how the whole pakistan china thing came about and I was also suprised that islam wasn't brought up in the beggining of the thread.

The border resolved "beautifully" because pakistan gave away 700 sq miles area of baltistan to china, as a gift.

Its about time that you learn some ' real ' history instead of taking and believing every single thing which is anti-Pakistan .

Professor M. Taylor Fravel of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has written a definitive work on China's territorial disputes. In an outstandingly able survey, he provides, with copious references to Chinese sources, an overview that reveals China's outlook on the disputes. This is what this scholar of unimpeachable credentials has to say on what the China-Pakistan boundary agreement actually provides:

“China maintained control over more of the disputed territory, but the agreement overall was more favourable to Pakistan. China kept roughly 5,309 square kilometres it contested in the Shaksgam Valley. However, it transferred [ sic] control of some 1,942 square kilometres of territory in the Oprang Valley to Pakistan, which also maintained control over an additional 1,554 square kilometres of territory it already held. On balance, Pakistan seems to have gained more from the deal, as the final borderline followed closely the line of actual control advocated by Pakistan. China not only abandoned its claims to the Hunza, but Pakistan also received grazing areas in the Prang and Bund Darwaza valleys, the Kharachanai salt mine, and the town of Sokh Bulaq. In addition, Pakistan kept control over three-fourths of K2 as well as six of seven disputed mountain passes. Finally, Pakistan transferred no territory already under its control to China.” (Page 116; emphasis added, throughout.) It was instead China which “transferred control of some 1,942 square kilometres” to Pakistan.

China & Kashmir

Yea i know about pakistanis with dual nationalities like you....i have come across many, they visit pakistan and feel strangers. I casted my vote as a pakistani two times, did you?. Lets be honest, i am ethnic pashtun/afghan and i have very different views on jinnah,two nation theory and army but still i am relevant to pakistan than british national like you, you are a kala farangi.....go focus on preserving your native identity and islam in U.K, struggle with it and helplessly watch your grand kids losing religion and culture...and sharm o haya

Strangely and ironically , those ' kala farangis ' are more loyal to this country and its ideology than you Afghan refugees have ever been or will ever be . Merely living on the territory which is called Pakistan doesn't necessarily make one relevant to it , its the thinking that counts first and foremost . Now , do not start explaining your ' differing views ' on Jinnah or his life , the ideology that binds or the institutions of this country and remove all doubt .

Please tell me about your thoughts.

As a Turkish, Who do you like more?

1- Pakistan
2- South Korea

***Short History: Turkey sent soldiers to South Korea during Korean War and sent 5,000+ soldiers the most after United States, UK, and Canada, South Korean called Turkey a bloody ally and brotherhood. And South Korea supported Turkey soccer match against evil China. :D

Please tell me about your thoughts.

As a Turkish, Who do you like more?

1- Pakistan
2- South Korea

***Short History: Turkey sent soldiers to South Korea during Korean War and sent 5,000+ soldiers the most after United States, UK, and Canada, South Korean called Turkey a bloody ally and brotherhood. And South Korea supported Turkey soccer match against evil China. :D
Pakistan because you guys are muslim, helped us out in ww1, we cooperate in defence industry, pakistanis come to Turkey for officer training etc.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom