What's new

A Question For Pakistani's

As a Pakistani Who do you like more?

• Total voters
"The regiment was under orders to embark for further garrison duty in Hong Kong, however rumours started that they were going to be sent to fight in the Middle East against fellow Muslims from the Ottoman Empire.[57]

On 16 February 1915, while preparations for departure were under way, the four companies of Punjabi Muslims mutinied while the Pathan sepoys of the remaining four companies scattered in confusion. Two of the British officers at the Tanglin barracks were killed and the mutineers then moved on the German prisoner of war camp where they killed thirteen camp guards and other military personnel." 1915 Singapore Mutiny (Indian Army during World War I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Singapor? we are talking about ottomans here. Punjabi soldiers remained loyal. Read This,
When Pashtun Soldiers refused to fight against Ottomans

Singapor? we are talking about ottomans here. Punjabi soldiers remained loyal. Read This,
When Pashtun Soldiers refused to fight against Ottomans

Did you bother to read? Let me try one more time.

"however rumours started that they were going to be sent to fight in the Middle East against fellow Muslims from the Ottoman Empire.[57]

On 16 February 1915, while preparations for departure were under way, the four companies of Punjabi Muslims mutinied while the Pathan sepoys of the remaining four companies scattered in confusion".

Please dont try to turn this into another one of your usual Pashtun vs Punjabi/Muhajir/... troll fests. Ive made my point and you know it.

"however rumours started that they were going to be sent to fight in the Middle East against fellow Muslims from the Ottoman Empire.[57]

On 16 February 1915, while preparations for departure were under way, the four companies of Punjabi Muslims mutinied while the Pathan sepoys of the remaining four companies scattered in confusion".

Please dont try to turn this into another one of your usual Pashtun vs Punjabi/Muhajir/... troll fests. Ive made my point and you know it.

Don't take afghani-one seriously. I wonder if turks refused to take part of Nato invasion of Afghanistan? :rolleyes:

copy paste from Editble wikipedia? Give links to proper sources.....idiot

copy paste from Editble wikipedia? Give links to proper sources.....idiot

"the most significant and dramatic event in these years was the Indian Mutiny of 1915. Distressed by the fact that Britain was at war with Turkey, the Light Infantry - consisting solely of Punjabi Muslims - revolted, killed their officers and seized control of Alexandra Barracks, where the Germans had been detained. They released the German prisoners (since Germany was an ally of Turkey) ...

Marshall of Singapore: A Biography - Kevin Tan - Google Books

"Singapore survived World War I without a single upset except a 10 day mutiny in 1915 by the sigle regiment that was left in Singapore. The 5th Light Infatry was composed of Indian Muslims from Punjab. Already out of sorts with Britain being at war against Muslim Turkey, when they were ordered to ship out for Hong Kong ... they mutinied out of fear that they would instead be sent to fight Turkey"

The History of Singapore - Jean Abshire - Google Books

"Muslim Punjabi soldiers of the fifth light infantry, known as sepoys, were sent to guard the prisoners. Unfortunatly, these mens allegiance to the British had recently been strained by the news that Turkey had come out against the Allies in Europe. A rumour that they were soon to be sent to Turkey to fight fellow Muslims upset them still further ..."

Singapore - Google Books

"As the Turkish Sultan was still the revered Khalifa of Islam, many Muslims had qualms about making war on the Turkish co religionists. Consequently the British had to make a conscious effort not to send Indian Muslims to Egypt, Sudan or Mesopotamia ... In fact, at Gallipoli, in May 1915, two battalions of Punjab Muslims had to be laid off as the commanding officer refused to take responsibility for the loyalty of his Muslim soldiers. Similar feelings among the soldiers erupted in the Singapore Mutiny of the fifth light infantry"

Colonial India and the Making of Empire Cinema: Image, Ideology and Identity - Prem Chowdhry - Google Books

Do you still wanna continue this? It was a testing time for all Pakistanis whether Pashtun or Punjabi. Many revolted, others fought but with a lessened morale. But dont try to create frictions amongst us Pakistanis by saying only members from certain ethnic groups revolted.

I am 31st to vote for Chinese. Hence, China won this... :pakistan::cheers::china:
:victory::chilli::bounce::partay:

But China is like elder brother and Turkey is like younger brother, so....

:fans:

I wouldn't go on poll results, plenty of trolls probably voted as well.

Secondly there should have been a third option, which would have got nearly every vote i.e. both are brothers.

Issues such as the Uighur people etc shouldn't come into it as we don't ask about Turkey's ties to Israel etc. It's their own business.

No relationship will be picture perfect.

As Pakistani's who do you guys like more. The Turks or the Chinese?

Take culture,religion, history, and your countries relations with both countries into account.

Heart lies with Turkiye.. business and strategic alliance with brother China..

China like Turkiye has always helped us.. as we helped them in the 60s etc..

We have people of both Turkic and Chinese origin.. even Pak Chinese military officers.. a tough question to answer.. but than again.. the 2 countries we can trust upon.. although Iran was a good friend .. once upon a time..

Last edited:
Both!

I'd Like to Thank Turkey and Turkish people for saving Pakistanis from a cultural invasion.

OP - Why you asked this question? China is our friend, ally and partner in almost all important fields, and we trust China more than many Muslim countries. While Turkey is brother country with whom we share religion, history and culture. And Turkey's membership of NATO doesn't effect relationship. In-fact mango man on street doesn't know details of NATO, for them NATO is US or firangees.

Both!

I'd Like to Thank Turkey and Turkish people for saving Pakistanis from a cultural invasion.

What?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom