What's new

A Question For Pakistani's

As a Pakistani Who do you like more?

• Total voters
İ assume your experiences were with American Albanians?

By the hundreds, they identify as Muslim but many will also say they do not believe in God LOL.

Although obviously some are devout Muslims in the mosque I used to attend as a kid one time an old Albanian dude just walked in and started teaching a bunch of us how to read the Quran just because he had time on his hand and he wanted too. :D

For many Pakistanis with Turkic roots ( like myself ), our affinity for Turkey has very little to do with Islam, but more to do with Cultural Affinity and Brotherhood of a Turkic race.

There are many Pakistanis ( some in India as well ) who have Mughal ancestry and they have great affinity for their Turkish Brothers.

Pakistanis with last names Mirza, Baig, Barlas, Chaghtai, Changezi etc are Mughals whose Ancesters came from Central Asia.

Again our love for Turks is Cultural and affinity for Chinese is Strategic Alliance that has gotten stronger by the day in the last 60 years or so.

So in short our Affinity for :

Turkey = Cultural and Brotherhood

China = Strategic Alliance and Partnership

Last edited:
Well through religion they share a part of your culture which they don't with China. That's what I was trying to say by "Islmaic culture".

Obviously.i didn't say that there was nothing more to your culture than just the religion .
Yes but the emphasis was on ''Islamic'' culture.
The point is;its not all about religion.

They are just not that religious but most define themselves as muslims.

Even the ones I met will call themselves Muslim. For them it is just cultural their ancestors were Muslim and now they are Muslim.

Our relationship started with that but evolved,no matter what kind of government on both sides,we are allways close.
So,to say religion is the only reason why we are close is wrong.

I am saying our relationship remains close no matter what because of our history.

Im actually suprised islam wasn't brought up.:o:

Thats actually sad.:(

Let me raise raise this question, why did a pakistan- china relationship come about in the first place?

I say Turkey.

Those who claim China are unaware of history and ill educated on facts.

Pakistan's history with turkey goes much much deeper than that with China.
Lastly, Pakistan knows terms of reference with China are not the same as those with Turkey.
Turkey will always remain closest to my heart.

Turkey = Cultural and Brotherhood

China = Strategic Alliance and Partnership

Not cultural but mainly the common religion and may be the history of Turks in South Asia. Turkish culture share very little similarity with Pakistani culture.

Our relationship started with that but evolved,no matter what kind of government on both sides,we are allways close.
So,to say religion is the only reason why we are close is wrong.
No it isn't.

If weren't for the sense of religious brotherhood then Muslims of the subcontinent would never have supported Turkey.

That concept still exits and is the reason for our strong relationship.

Not cultural but mainly the common religion and may be the history of Turks in South Asia. Turkish culture share very little similarity with Pakistani culture.

That is idiotic. You re telling me how I really feel about Turkish Brothers.

So in essence you are saying you know me better than myself.

Yes but the emphasis was on ''Islamic'' culture.
The point is;its not all about religion.

It has been mentioned many times on this thread that Pakistan and Turkey share culture. Now please tell me what that culture is if one is not talking about the stuff you share through a common religion.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom