What's new

A Question For Pakistani's

As a Pakistani Who do you like more?

• Total voters
Well...in such a case even Turkey is not a declared Muslim country...its secular :unsure:

But still Islamic culturally and Muslims are overwhelming majority. They are forward enough to make their state secular but that doesn't change the cultural aspect.

Yes. We are already friends even though we dont have any interests in your area.
And the basis is Islam? :unsure: or similar culture? Were we in Amazon we wouldnt have similar culture :what:

You didnt get it.
If religion is the only bond then who needs this relationship?
Pakistan and Turkiye have and had the same fate,thats why we are close.
If religion was the only bond,you would be so close with all of the Muslim world.
well i will summarize it
Turkey has always supported Pakistan everywhere, while most other have not, Turkey has never back stabbed Pakistan unlike other Muslim countries, such as Libya, KSA Iran, Afghanistan et

But still Islamic culturally and Muslims are overwhelming majority. They are forward enough to make their state secular but that doesn't change the cultural aspect.
Likewise..were we in Amazon...even US wouldnt have bullied us...

And the basis is Islam? :unsure: or similar culture? Were we in Amazon we wouldnt have similar culture :what:
Imagine you take all of the people in pakistan and put them in the amazon. Keep the same religion culture etc. We would still be your friends and the chinese wouldn't care about you guys because you would be of no benefit to them.

:omghaha:

Imagine you take all of the people in pakistan and put them in the amazon. Keep the same religion culture etc. We would still be your friends and the chinese wouldn't care about you guys because you would be of no benefit to them.
But how will such a culture be found in Amazon beats me...but for the sake of argument, how sure are you? What's Turkey's take on Africa or say Maldives ?

What is Islamic culture,could you explain?

Let me raise raise this question, why did a pakistan- china relationship come about in the first place?

When the Communists took over China, China was isolated in the international world. Pakistan by then was all ready an ally of USA and had close relations with UK which helped China to introduce itself to the international stage. Pakistan was one of the first nations to help China get into dialogue with the USA and the international world.

Now coming to the topic. China is very special for Pakistan simply because it is our northern neighbor and has always helped us specially in the defence sector.

For me personally i would vote for Turkey. I mean as a Pakistani i would at least have a few things in common with a Turk then a Chinese. I think Pakistan's relations with Turkey is more of a like distant brothers happy to see each other progress.

You didnt get it.
If religion is the only bond then who needs this relationship?
Pakistan and Turkiye have and had the same fate,thats why we are close.
If religion was the only bond,you would be so close with all of the Muslim world.

Without Islam the relationship would be non existent anyway, ancestors of Pakistanis and even some Indian Muslims sold their gold to get cash for you Turks only because you were our Muslims brothers and needed help. Muslim troops refused to fight in the middle east against the Turks again because you were our Muslim brothers. That is why our countries are so close today and your government knew that from the very beginning, other than that Pakistan and Turkey are actually in different spheres with Turkey in the American sphere and Pakistan doing a horrible balancing act with US/ China.

If Pakistan was located in the middle of the Amazon and had no geopolitical importance would china be your friend?

Good question but don't forget it's not always been a one way traffic, Pakistan played a part for an American presidents first visit to China in 1972.

In July 1971, President Nixon's National Security AdvisorHenry Kissingersecretly visited Beijing during a trip to Pakistan, and laid the groundwork for Nixon's visit to China.

What is Islamic culture,could you explain?

Religions forms one's greater cultural identity. You don't have to be deeply religious to identify with that cultural identity. I will give you a couple of examples to clarify my point. I am not religious at all, but I consider myself as culturally Hindu. I take part in the Hindu festivals like Holi or Diwali etc as those are part of my culture. Similarly I would imagine that Turkey being a country with more than 99% Muslims, most people celebrate Eid and other Islamic festivals even though many of them might identify themselves as atheist. So in broader sense religions do form one's cultural identity and that way you can relate with someone from Pakistan.

Religions forms one's greater cultural identity. You don't have to be deeply religious to identify with that cultural identity. I will give you a couple of examples to clarify my point. I am not religious at all, but I consider myself as culturally Hindu. I take part in the Hindu festivals like Holi or Diwali etc as those are part of my culture. Similarly I would imagine that Turkey being a country with more than 99% Muslims, most people celebrate Eid and other Islamic festivals even though many of them might identify themselves as atheist. So in broader sense religions do form one's cultural identity and that way you can relate with someone from Pakistan.

Your example would not work in Turkey, most Turks would not call themselves atheist. Just because they are secular does not mean atheist LOL.

However your example would work in Albania which has a 60-70% Muslim majority but most are actually atheist in reality. If you ask an Albanian are you Muslim they will say yes, they will fast during Ramadan maybe a few times and even celebrate Eid but if you ask them do you believe in God they be like no. :lol:

Your example would not work in Turkey, most Turks would not call themselves atheist. Just because they are secular does not mean atheist LOL.

And when did I claim that most Turks are atheists?

However your example would work in Albania which has a 60-70% Muslim majority but most are actually atheist in reality. If you ask an Albanian are you Muslim they will say yes, they will fast during Ramadan maybe a few times and even celebrate Eid but if you ask them do you believe in God they be like no

That's what I was trying to point out. They celebrate it because they consider it as a part of their culture.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom