What's new

A Question For Pakistani's

As a Pakistani Who do you like more?

• Total voters
WIth China's growing clout, it is likely to emerge as the most important ally/friend for a lot of countries around the world. On the other hand, the only time most people think of Turkey is during Thanksgiving dinner :lol:

Without Islam the relationship would be non existent anyway, ancestors of Pakistanis and even some Indian Muslims sold their gold to get cash for you Turks only because you were our Muslims brothers and needed help. Muslim troops refused to fight in the middle east against the Turks again because you were our Muslim brothers. That is why our countries are so close today and your government knew that from the very beginning, other than that Pakistan and Turkey are actually in different spheres with Turkey in the American sphere and Pakistan doing a horrible balancing act with US/ China.
Our relationship started with that but evolved,no matter what kind of government on both sides,we are allways close.
So,to say religion is the only reason why we are close is wrong.

However your example would work in Albania which has a 60-70% Muslim majority but most are actually atheist in reality. If you ask an Albanian are you Muslim they will say yes, they will fast during Ramadan maybe a few times and even celebrate Eid but if you ask them do you believe in God they be like no. :lol:
Your wrong i know many Albanians and almost all of them are muslims, a few are christians but i never met an atheist Albanian.

i like both Turkey and China...both are close friends...although we have lots similarities with turkey ofcourse for the obvious reasons....but China has always been a friend whenever we needed her!

Religions forms one's greater cultural identity. You don't have to be deeply religious to identify with that cultural identity. I will give you a couple of examples to clarify my point. I am not religious at all, but I consider myself as culturally Hindu. I take part in the Hindu festivals like Holi or Diwali etc as those are part of my culture. Similarly I would imagine that Turkey being a country with more than 99% Muslims, most people celebrate Eid and other Islamic festivals even though many of them might identify themselves as atheist. So in broader sense religions do form one's cultural identity and that way you can relate with someone from Pakistan.
Islam is a part of our culture,but there is no such thing as an Islamic culture,all Muslim countries have different cultures where Islam is a part of it.
There are many people(Muslims)celebrating Holi,does that make them Hindu?
Newruz,is celebrated in many Islamic countries but it has nothing to do with Islam(originially not).
There are many more examples.

But how will such a culture be found in Amazon beats me...but for the sake of argument, how sure are you? What's Turkey's take on Africa or say Maldives ?
Turkey mainly has relations with countries that were friends in the past such as somalia and other north african countries. Maldives idk.

Islam is a part of our culture,but there is no such thing as an Islamic culture

Well through religion they share a part of your culture which they don't with China. That's what I was trying to say by "Islmaic culture".

all Muslim countries have different cultures where Islam is a part of it.

Obviously. I didn't say that there was nothing more to your culture than just the religion.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom