What's new

A Question For Pakistani's

As a Pakistani Who do you like more?

• Total voters
Turks never came to South Asia, Mughals did.

Mughals were not Turkish. They were Turkic.

Learn the difference if you are going to take part in this discussion.

The Founder of Mughal Dynasty in India was Zaheer Uddin Babar Mirza.

His Mother Tongue was not Persian but CHAGHATAI TURKISH.

He wrote Babar Nama ( Tuzuk e Babari ) in his native Chaghtai Turkish and not in Persian.

Persian just happened to be a dominant language in those days that everybody spoke.

It is like you have a Indian language ( your mother tongue ) and you also speak English ( a dominant language).

His terminology is wrong but he is right in that the Turkics who came to South Asia were Persian in culture and they spread Persian culture in South Asia. Babur was the only one we know for a fact spoke some form of Turkish the rest spoke Farsi definitively up to Aurangzeb.

All of those are linked with a common religion. I was asking about cultural aspects not linked with religion.

Truth is we don't have similar culture, our culture if you take out Islam is Indo-Iranian mixture. Even Pakistanis of Turkic descent have no trace of Turkic culture as much as they may disagree.

His terminology is wrong but he is right in that the Turkics who came to South Asia were Persian in culture and they spread Persian culture in South Asia. Babur was the only one we know for a fact spoke some form of Turkish the rest spoke Farsi definitively up to Aurangzeb.

I think you are confused.

I am a native speaker of Urdu language.

However, I conduct all my Business in English.

Does that mean I am English ?

Farsi was the dominant language of that Era in that region.

Everybody spoke Farsi even though it was not their native language.

It has been mentioned many times on this thread that Pakistan and Turkey share culture. Now please tell me what that culture is if one is not talking about the stuff you share through a common religion.
It started with the help from Muslims from British India sending help to us in the war of independence,after the war we became a secular state,M.Jinnah was a big admirer of M.K.Ataturk(a secular,not religious)he wanted the same for Pakistan(no matter what many here think).
It was Ataturk who seperated religion from state affairs,so no Sharia law.
The Muslim card couldnt be used anymore but relations remained warm from the heart on both sides.
So why did the Pakistani's still love us and vice versa,you tell me,has it got to do with religion only?
Some relations you just cant explain,it is what it is.

I think you are confused.

I am a native speaker of Urdu language.

However, I conduct all my Business in English.

Does that mean I am English ?

Farsi was the dominant language of that Era in that region.

Everybody spoke Farsi even though it was not their native language.

They didn't just spread the language, you think it was just language?

Truth is we don't have similar culture, our culture if you take out Islam is Indo-Iranian mixture. Even Pakistanis of Turkic descent have no trace of Turkic culture as much as they may disagree.

Thank you for your honest opinion.

They didn't just spread the language, you think it was just language?

No. they spoke Farsi even though it was not the language originally.

Even Babar spoke Farsi besides his mother tongue Chaghatai Turki.

Persian was the language of Arts and Culture.

If you didn't speak Farsi, you were considered poorly educated.

It was same kind of snobbishness ( maybe even worse ) like we have with English nowadays.

In South Asia, anyone who does not speak English is not considered well educated.

The outcome is even those who don't speak English well try to get few words of English in their conversation to prove they are literate in English. Listen to Pakistani Politician SHAIKH RASHEED sometimes and you will know what I mean.

Or " MEERA KI ENGREZI " :P

No. they spoke Farsi even though it was not the language originally.

Even Babar spoke Farsi besides his mother tongue Chaghatai Turki.

Persian was the language of Arts and Culture.

If you didn't speak Farsi, you were considered poorly educated.

It was same kind of snobbishness ( maybe even worse ) like we have with English nowadays.

In South Asia, anyone who does not speak English is not considered well educated.

The outcome is even those who don't speak English well try to get few words of English in their conversation to prove they are literate in English. Listen to Pakistani Politician SHAIKH RASHEED sometimes and you will know what I mean.

Or " MEERA KI ENGREZI " :P

Yes I know and Mughals also brought Persian foods, persian art, literature/ poetry etc.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom