What's new

A Question For Pakistani's

As a Pakistani Who do you like more?

• Total voters
@T-123456

I think there are many misconceptions about an Islamic Caliphate specially regarding the minorities. Whenever you have the time, I'd like to clear those misconceptions.

One more thing. I give examples from the Ottoman Empire because I think that they will be easy for a Turk to comprehend as they can relate.

bro red color in our flag represents martyrs' blood
Can I have a source plz.

Be that as it may, my point is still valid.

Now I wonder where you got those estimates.
We have 10% hardcore Mullahs(at most).
We Turks are Muslims,but not radical and most dont want a united Muslim world,even the many AKP supporters.
You can ask the conservative Turks here.
Go to Turkiye and see/ask for yourself if you can or want,thats what i allways do(ask the common people of the country).
There are many surveys about the subject,maybe @Kaan can post one.

Well the culture means the way people behave in society, food they eat, the way they have been brought up, customs traditions, the dresses, weddings, history and many more things. And most of these things are common among both countries.

None of those are common if you take out the religious aspect. For example a Pakistani wedding is nothing like a Turkish wedding except the religious traditions. I would love to see a Turkish mehndi function. :D

And in pakistan I watch Turkish dramas all day with my mom:-), and they looks quite similar to Pakistanis.

I have seen enough Pakistanis complaining about how those are not Pakistani culture, both on TV and print media. For example

Some in Pakistan threatened by Turkish TV invasion - Entertainment - DAWN.COM

Believe what,if you are refering to me,i am a Muslim,i pray,i fast but all for myself.
I am secular,now,you tell me,how is that possible?
i think there are misconceptions about the word secular, people usually consider secular to be those who impose their secularism on others such as , telling others not to keep beards etc
personally some ppl call me liberal and some call me conservative LOL

Sirjee aap khud hi kar den.

Aap sai seekhna tou mere liay sharaf hai. :)

Actually I want to learn myself. I have shared what I have learned so far on this issue but since Turkish people are little more knowledgeable on this topic, it might be a good idea to look at their take on this confusing issue.

Emotional connection of one muslim with others..thats what i meant by ummah

We are ofcourse sympathic against other Muslim countries.. but with out bond or brothership.

Our love for Pakistan is not because of Islam... you stood by us in our hardest times... that we will not forget forever.

We have 10% hardcore Mullahs(at most).
We Turks are Muslims,but not radical and most dont want a united Muslim world,even the many AKP supporters.
You can ask the conservative Turks here.
Go to Turkiye and see/ask for yourself if you can or want,thats what i allways do(ask the common people of the country).
The debate isn't about the so called "Pan-Islamism."

And your estimates were based on all the Muslim world, not just the Turks.

i think there are misconceptions about the word secular, people usually consider secular to be those who impose their secularism on others such as , telling others not to keep beards etc
personally some ppl call me liberal and some call me conservative LOL

And so have you kept a Beard , Yet ? :P

Secularism, liberalism etc are considered scolding in Pakistan. If you call someone to be secular or liberal it might offend him. I am not kidding.

Who told you this, I am Pakistani living in Pakistan and I always proudly vouch for Secularism and Liberalism, Pak is a conservative society and these things haven't taken roots yet but you are clearly generalizing. Untill not established firmly in a conservative society( also associated with intellectual and economic growth) they will be called names like "Sickular", regardless of country.

Who told you this, I am Pakistani living in Pakistan and I always proudly vouch for Secularism and Liberalism, Pak is a conservative society and these things haven't taken roots yet but you are clearly generalizing. Untill not established firmly in a conservative society( also associated with intellectual and economic growth) they will be called names like "Sickular", regardless of country.

I have spent five years on this forum and also followed a lot of Pakistani TV, print media. The words "secular" and "liberal" are used as "gaalis". You don't have to go any far, just read through this thread, the word "secular" was used as a negative connotation on this very thread!

None of those are common if you take out the religious aspect. For example a Pakistani wedding is nothing like a Turkish wedding except the religious traditions. I would love to see a Turkish mehndi function. :D

You see Muslims belong to different races and Cultures as there is no one culture in Islam. Most muslims adopted their cultural practices according to teaching of their religion..for example concept of halal and haram is same for All muslims but pakistani food will still be different than turkish but they can eat food of each others. We all know even pakistani muslims dont have one culture as it vary region to region. Punjabi wedding is not same as pashtun or balochi wedding

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom