What's new

A Question For Pakistani's

As a Pakistani Who do you like more?

• Total voters
Can I have a source plz.
Be that as it may, my point is still valid.

There are many theories about the root of Turkish flag.

Most famous is; Moon and Star reflected from Pool of Blood (from our martyrs) in a war.

dfs.jpg

I have spent five years on this forum and also followed a lot of Pakistani TV, print media. The words "secular" and "liberal" are used as "gaalis". You don't have to go any far, just read through this thread, the word "secular" was used on a negative connotation on this very thread!
Its because most of them are illetrate and been told that secular mean no religion at personal or government level..while secular actuall mean every one is free to do what he like..go to mosque or pub ..your choice but boht choices will be available whether you like or dislike second choice .

there is no love or hate all are interests . countries are not gays

Our love for Pakistan is not because of Islam... you stood by us in our hardest times... that we will not forget forever.
What you don't understand is that we stood by you because we considered Ottoman Empire as Islam's last line of defence.

Do you know that our support was exploited by the Young Turk movement by calling foreign involvement in their internal affairs ???

You see Muslims belong to different races and Cultures as there is no one culture in Islam. Most muslims adopted their cultural practices according to teaching of their religion..for example concept of halal and haram is same for All muslims but pakistani food will still be different than turkish but they can eat food of each others. We all know even pakistani muslims dont have one culture as it vary region to region. Punhabi wedding is not same as pashtun or balochi wedding

I agree with you completely. But I am not sure you are following the discussion. I was told that Pakistanis and Turks share a lot culturally even if you take out the religious aspects of the culture. But no one has been able to tell me how!

It started with the help from Muslims from British India sending help to us in the war of independence,after the war we became a secular state,M.Jinnah was a big admirer of M.K.Ataturk(a secular,not religious)he wanted the same for Pakistan(no matter what many here think).
It was Ataturk who seperated religion from state affairs,so no Sharia law.
The Muslim card couldnt be used anymore but relations remained warm from the heart on both sides.
So why did the Pakistani's still love us and vice versa,you tell me,has it got to do with religion only?
Some relations you just cant explain,it is what it is

Exactly, one interesting aspect of admiration for Turkey among many Pakistani circles has nothing to do with religion and that admiration is for Secularism in turkey.

Its because most of them are illetrate and been told that secular mean no religion at personal or government level..while secular actuall mean every one is free to do what he like..go to mosque or pub ..your choice but boht choices will be available whether you like or dislike second choice .

Illiterate people don't care about secularism. The problem is with people who are literate. They have a misconception about secularism.

countries are usually called "She"

I prefer to use it. :P

We are ofcourse sympathic against other Muslim countries.. but with out bond or brothership.

Our love for Pakistan is not because of Islam... you stood by us in our hardest times... that we will not forget forever.
Brother u made me cry :cray::smitten:We Pakistanis love turkey too.
Pak-Turk-china friendship zindabad

I agree with you completely. But I am not sure you are following the discussion. I was told that Pakistanis and Turks share a lot culturally even if you take out the religious aspects of the culture. But no one has been able to tell me how!
What is cultute? You define it and then i will tell you how religion play huge role in molding culture..for example can a pakistani muslim marry with turkish Muslim? answer is yes religion allow it even if they have different culture but since they boht follow islam they will have less conflicts about halal and haram stuffs etc..now Hindu punjabi might have some cultural practices common with muslim punjabi but they cannot even marry and eat foods of each others and i mean non vegs :D

None of those are common if you take out the religious aspect. For example a Pakistani wedding is nothing like a Turkish wedding except the religious traditions. I would love to see a Turkish mehndi function. :D

I have seen enough Pakistanis complaining about how those are not Pakistani culture, both on TV and print media. For example

Some in Pakistan threatened by Turkish TV invasion - Entertainment - DAWN.COM

Yes their weddings are totally different, while weddings in Pakistan has a bit indian touch. But apart from it we r totally identical,

What is cultute? You define it and then i will tell you how religion play huge role in molding culture..

Again read through the thread. You are not saying anything vastly different from what I said.

Yes their weddings are totally different, while weddings in Pakistan has a bit indian touch. But apart from it we r totally identical,

You don't become totally identical just by saying so. The similarity is through religious aspect of the culture. Other than that most things are different. It's only natural because of the geographic separation.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom