What's new

A PLAAF Su-27UBK crashed during training, landed on beach and two pilots ki

Seems like they were trying to bring it in for a safe landing using the beach as a runway... but that did not work out.
The aircraft is burnt out, but largely intact.

Has this ever been successfully done ?

Really last time in 2008, I heard that China has started upgradation of the Su-27 with local avionics and weapons. I wonder that would these have been along with some airframe overhaulin which can increase their life as well.

Probably many times for a small Prop.. with big bouncy wheels and little weight on them.
For a 32000kg fighter?? I dont think so.

It may even be that they were trying aerobatics and miscalculated..but from the looks of the wreckage, it seems the trying to do a belly landing on the beach may be more plausible.

I think PLAAF shall not encourage the practice of wanting every pilot to save their plane. The 2 precious pilot life can be saved if they dish the aircraft into the sea and eject before it crashed.

RIP to both pilots.

RIP to the dead pilots.

Hope from now on in these circumstances no pilot is scared to ditch their planes and eject to safety.

No plane is worth a single human life.

Really last time in 2008, I heard that China has started upgradation of the Su-27 with local avionics and weapons. I wonder that would these have been along with some airframe overhaulin which can increase their life as well.

No local upgrade. JUst added on additional avionics from Russia to fire off R-77 archer BVRAAM. All local upgrade reserve for newer local made frame like J-11B series.

Really bad news.
Lost one Su-27ubk, RIP to two pilots

If I were in this kind of situation, my first choice would be to eject.

If that is not possible and I am close to water, I would prefer to ditch in water than to force land a jet fighter on the beach.

Fighters are not designed for forced landings as the landing speed is too high for such activity.

These Su-27s are reaching the end of their operating life-span. The average Chinese fighter pilots train about 200 hours per year. As a result, there are quite a lot of stress on these aircrafts and they get worn out despite the repair and maintenance.

RIP Pilots, Condolence to the families.

However, This may speed up the L-15 project wouldnt you say.

RIP for both Pilot....

Sad news to hear Aviator goes out anywhere.

I think it's still early to say if they should have ejected. If they were over dense populated area, ejecting would mean large scale civilian casualty.

They see the need to stay with the plane and try to land it on a beach. I think if you land on sand you definitely got cartwheel and summsaulted as they stop the plane from 300+ knots to dead stop in second. Beaches would be a run off if they ran out of road or anything.

but anyway, RIP

RIP to the pilots

But fortunately this is a Russian hardware, if it was the Chinese J-11B, then many of these anti-China trolls here would not spare this opportunity to bash China's hardware.

Back
Top Bottom